Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 02:29 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Some time ago it was mentioned that the PV now has the ability to be powered by a computer for setting gauges and doing other routine chores (except flashing). I have not seen a way to do this, so someone please offer some guidance.

Old 09-16-2011, 02:29 PM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
Using the above link for reference, has anyone installed the visor (#61300054)? I assume it will fit with any mount using the PV bolt pattern like my RAM mount, with the assumption you'd need longer screws.
I used it on the Techmount, same bolt pattern and same screws. The clamp mounts just like the PV does.

Old 09-16-2011, 02:53 PM
whittlebeast
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Google arkon gn032

It works perfect and it was dirt cheep.

Old 09-16-2011, 03:12 PM
whittlebeast
Road Master

Iclick

Here is what data coming off a PV wideband setup looks like. On the left is the target AFR and an the right is measured AFR. Way cool.

http://www.ncs-stl.com/PVTune/PVWideBandTune.JPG

Old 09-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Delmar
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok so i have the AT-100 working and collecting data.
Now my next question is i now get engine light and fault tells me no input from front and rear O2 sensors. I can understand that as i am using the WB sensors now.
How do i disable this fault being recorded so i dont get the engine light on the dash every time?

Old 09-16-2011, 04:11 PM
whittlebeast
Road Master

Originally Posted by Delmar
Now my next question is i now get engine light and fault tells me no input from front and rear O2 sensors. I can understand that as i am using the WB sensors now.
How do i disable this fault being recorded so i dont get the engine light on the dash every time?
In those years, you need a set of o2 eliminators from fuelmoto.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:24 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Delmar
Beast is right. You'll need to install the O2-sensor eliminators, which I'm surprised are not included in the AT-100 kit. Mine are holdovers from my PCV, as is the AT-100, so I didn't buy the current AT-100 kit intended for use with the PV. IIRC, all '07-'09 bikes need them, but although later models will not activate the check-engine light they will throw historical codes if the sensors are disconnected without adding the eliminators. That won't hurt anything.

Last edited by iclick; 09-16-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:19 PM
883_dave
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
Some time ago it was mentioned that the PV now has the ability to be powered by a computer for setting gauges and doing other routine chores (except flashing). I have not seen a way to do this, so someone please offer some guidance.
Attach the PV to the computer (PC link mode)-->open WinPV-->Click on Powervision at the top of Win PV screen-->select Diagnostic/Test Functions-->Select Exit PC Link Mode

You will then be able to use the PV unit to set up guages, etc. You will have to disconnect the PV and re-connect to the PC before your PC can communicate with the PV unit again.

I've used this feature several times, works well.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:25 PM
Delmar
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys for that info on the check engine light.

Fortunately i still have the O2 eliminators from the PCV i was running on the bike before installing the Powervision. I'll plug them in tomorrow before tuning again.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:00 PM
whittlebeast
Road Master

I got the wideband tuning function working. If you import the new PowerVision.settings file from...

http://www.ncs-stl.com/PVTune/

You will be able to do this scatter graph plot.

http://www.ncs-stl.com/PVTune/WideBandTuning.jpg

The left plot shows the AFRs as reported by the widebands. On the right plot, red is where the VEs are a little lean. Blue is where the VEs are a little to rich. Yellow is real close.

Here is what it looks like as a trace.

http://www.ncs-stl.com/PVTune/WideBandTrace.jpg

At the bottom you see in green and yellow what I was using as an acceptable limit for AFR. Red and white is what the O2s were reporting.

Hopefully my wideband will be here by next weekend.

Have fun tuning.

Last edited by whittlebeast; 09-17-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread