Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 09:10 AM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by JustDennis
DynoJet just posted a new version of the tunes database - 0.0.9.6.

It now includes Dynojet Pre-Configured Tunes for 2012 Sportster and Touring Models. It’s available now via the Power Vision Update Client.

http://www.dynojet.com/Blog/index.ph...er-now-posted/
Unfortunately, still no CVO 110's in their database.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:12 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by drhooligan
Wondering how tough the auto tune feature is to use . Have the PV in place and working well with a close tune from Fuel Moto, 107" with Hillside Stage III heads. Will be ordering the auto tune and sensors soon to get this map as close as possible, Thanks
It isn't difficult at all. May be a little confusing at first but after you do it one time, it's easy. Have you done any tuning with the stock O2 sensors? If you have, the process is the same. If you haven't, go ahead and give it a try. It will prepare you to tune with the AT module. Read thru some of the posts in this thread and check the PV tuning instructions. I will add a link the the basic instructions I put together in my sig. Good luck and let us know if we can help

Last edited by JustDennis; 09-02-2011 at 09:44 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:13 AM
whittlebeast
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Keep in mind that the wide band option only gains you the capability of tuning the WOT parts of the map. I have no clue how Fuelmoto deals with the inherent time lag of a wideband.

AW

Old 09-02-2011, 09:22 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by whittlebeast
Keep in mind that the wide band option only gains you the capability of tuning the WOT parts of the map. I have no clue how Fuelmoto deals with the inherent time lag of a wideband.

AW
Actually I used the wide band sensors to tune my entire map, not just the WOT parts. You are correct in that the stock O2 sensors can only be used to tune areas of your map set to 14.6/closed loop. Not sure why you mentioned Fuelmoto in regards to the wb sensors. They sell them but DynoJet is the one who integrated the AT-100 wideband sensors into the PV and the log tuner software.

I tuned my entire map with the wideband sensors, then re-installed the stock O2 sensors and turned closed-loop and adaptive control back on. Works very well.

Now I have put the wideband sensors back in and am running an open loop map.. and am still tinkering but have developed a very good running map for my bike with the above process.

Last edited by JustDennis; 09-02-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Das_Fatboy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Whittlebeast for sending me a copy of some of your logs.

I was doing a comparison between his logs and mine and found something odd. His one log (5.4MB) was about 18 minutes long but contained over 44,000 rows of collected data. I had a log (2.2MB) that was almost 31 minutes long but yet only contained 27,000 rows of collected data. It seems like he is collecting data at a faster rate than I am. I believe this is why my log files seem so small in comparison. Is there a setting in PV that increases the sampling frequency to collect more data?

I also noticed that his logs contained no data in the warm-up column like mine. If the warm-up sequence takes place before you have a chance to start logging, than what is the point in having the signal in the log to begin with?

Old 09-02-2011, 10:22 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatwave
I've primarily use the performance map developed on the dyno and it runs fantastic but only gets about 39mpg. I've only recently developed the Eco map and I'm far from done so I don't have that much experience with it yet.
You're basically doing what I'm doing, except I run the eco tune most of the time. Actually, I have yet to run my rich tune since getting the PV, as it makes no difference in performance that I can discern and is only good for some extra cooling when needed.

So what do you consider "middlin-to-good" Torque? What does your current bike have? Nice to benchmark with others.
That was a tongue-in-cheek remark, obviously an understatement. I put the smiley in there to make sure my sarcastic intent was clear. In reality I would have to say your numbers are excellent. I haven't dynoed my bike, but it doesn't even come close to the numbers you have since it is a mere Stage 1 TC96 with 255 cams. Based on charts I've seen of like-equipped bikes I would guess it is in the neighborhood of 82HP and 100TQ.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:34 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by JustDennis
Now I have put the wideband sensors back in and am running an open loop map.. and am still tinkering but have developed a very good running map for my bike with the above process.
You may have mentioned this before and if so I missed it. You said you had been doing runs in an effort to vary ambient conditions, like one in the cooler temps of the AM and another in the PM when hot. When running open-loop and monitoring Lambda on the display, do you notice much variance when air temp is cool vs. hot? The MAP and other sensors are supposed to compensate for this and altitude, atmospheric pressure, etc. Jamie says it is quite accurate, but I would like to know how much so and if adding the NB O2 sensors and running closed-loop would make a meaningful difference.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:38 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Sam2010
I am one ride away from saying the heck with all the gauges I am real close to done worrying about temps, oil pressure, RPM, volts.
How utterly boring! If you do that the only thing you'll be able to watch is where you're going.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:38 AM
whittlebeast
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I got the wideband graphing working this morning. This is data off a fairly well sorted PowerVision tune. On the left is the Target AFR that the owner is shooting for and on the right is the data coming off the widebands. Way Cool stuff.

Beast

Last edited by whittlebeast; 09-02-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:39 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by ambrose
Is there anyone that can unmarry a PV, I married it to a freinds bike.
It can be done but you'll have to call DJ and state your case. You may need to pay them for a second go-around, as someone mentioned earlier that this is now an option or soon will be.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread