Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Das_Fatboy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm...me thinks I have a looooong way to go. This is a screen shot after 2 tuning runs. Is it typically that bad to start?

Attached Thumbnails Power Vision Information Thread-09-01-11-megalog.jpg  
Old 09-01-2011, 03:52 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatwave
Agreed. If you ride at 65mph on the highway then your approach to eco-tuning between 2k and 2500 makes good sense. I typically ride at 70-80mph on the highway and 6th gear is right around 2700 in the low 70's. I usually have several long trips (1000miles +) a year and I'd like to have a "long-distance eco map" for these trips already loaded in the PV.
Do you use your "eco map" most of the time? I also have a richer map tuned to about 13.5 in the cruise range for those times when I might need some emergency cooling. Unfortunately moving from one to the other isn't as easy as it was with the PCV, which would allow switching between maps on the fly. I miss that, but this bike rarely gets into a worrisome ET range, so I think this richer tune may never be used anyway.

I break 100ftlbs at 2200 (I'm above 110ftlbs between 2700-5400rpms)...
That's fair-to-middlin'.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

Heatwave thanks for the Lambda reference.

Whittlebeast I think you have convinced me to try that software now I can not wait to have some time to do it.

I am one ride away from saying the heck with all the gauges I am real close to done worrying about temps, oil pressure, RPM, volts. My 98 wide glide all I ever did was ride and enjoy the ride. This street glide all I do is watch the freakin gauges and worry. I just need to finish up a good tune and ride the snot out of this thing. LOL then I am going to change it to a 107 ci. start all over again.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:20 PM
ambrose
Tourer

Is there anyone that can unmarry a PV, I married it to a freinds bike.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
Do you use your "eco map" most of the time? I also have a richer map tuned to about 13.5 in the cruise range for those times when I might need some emergency cooling. Unfortunately moving from one to the other isn't as easy as it was with the PCV, which would allow switching between maps on the fly. I miss that, but this bike rarely gets into a worrisome ET range, so I think this richer tune may never be used anyway.

That's fair-to-middlin'.
I've primarily use the performance map developed on the dyno and it runs fantastic but only gets about 39mpg.

I've only recently developed the Eco map and I'm far from done so I don't have that much experience with it yet.

So what do you consider "middlin-to-good" Torque? What does your current bike have? Nice to benchmark with others.

Last edited by Heatwave; 09-01-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:29 AM
Dustball
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ambrose
Is there anyone that can unmarry a PV, I married it to a freinds bike.
The answer is NO, unless you had an ECM failure. Then DJ may help you out. Call their technical support and ask them what options you have.

-Dusty

Old 09-02-2011, 06:34 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Das_Fatboy
Hmmm...me thinks I have a looooong way to go. This is a screen shot after 2 tuning runs. Is it typically that bad to start?
I was playing around with the Megalog viewer and began comparing my stock O2 sensor tuning with the wideband AT-100 tuning I did. Not saying this is absolute proof of anything but the results are interesting. While I think both stock O2 and WB tuning work well, I had given the edge to WB tuning based on my "seat-of-the-pants" dyno.

Here is a comparison chart of the front VEs after 7 tuning runs. The left is stock O2 tuning, the right is AT-100 Wideband tuning. Same bike, same starting base map. Interesting..... (updated the comparison with the chart after 7 runs, earlier was after quite a few more.. I really tune too much )

Last edited by JustDennis; 09-02-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:56 AM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by JustDennis
I was playing around with the Megalog viewer and began comparing my stock O2 sensor tuning with the wideband AT-100 tuning I did. Not saying this is absolute proof of anything but the results are interesting. While I think both stock O2 and WB tuning work well, I had given the edge to WB tuning based on my "seat-of-the-pants" dyno.

Here is a comparison chart of the front VEs after 7 tuning runs. The left is stock O2 tuning, the right is AT-100 Wideband tuning. Interesting.....

Now, if someone would only make an affordable 12mm O2 sensor for my 12mm bungs since that's the size of my stock NB sensors.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:13 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default New PV tunes available

DynoJet just posted a new version of the tunes database - 0.0.9.6.

It now includes Dynojet Pre-Configured Tunes for 2012 Sportster and Touring Models. It’s available now via the Power Vision Update Client.

http://www.dynojet.com/Blog/index.ph...er-now-posted/

Old 09-02-2011, 08:43 AM
drhooligan
Tourer

Wondering how tough the auto tune feature is to use . Have the PV in place and working well with a close tune from Fuel Moto, 107" with Hillside Stage III heads. Will be ordering the auto tune and sensors soon to get this map as close as possible, Thanks

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread