Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

Awesome feature in my opinion.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for pointing out all the updates etc. Its made it easier for me just by following this thread.

Originally Posted by JustDennis
All

I wanted to let you know that the PV has a "cool" new feature called Autotune Datalogger. I have been testing and using this feature for some time and got permission from DynoJet to share this with you guys. It has worked well for me to help hit areas that I was missing before during my tuning runs.
*** A note of Caution here - please BE CAREFUL WATCHING THIS SCREEN WHILE RIDING ****

First - What does Autotune Datalogger do?
- Loads the current PVT that is on the ECM, and displays the VE tables' axii (with RPM capped to 6000).
- Displays RPM and either MAP or TPS depending on the type of calibration that’s flashed to the ECM
- Draws an X on the current cell.
- When you hit "start" it logs to a file (same as gauge screen) but with all the appropriate signals for Autotune.
- For each cell, increments a counter each time it is hit. This is not a counter as in "adaptive good to go here" just a sign that it's been hit.
- It always logs lambda1 and 2 even if no wideband present

The main benefit to me is it puts the PV in a state where it knows everything about what's going on, in terms of the tune, what you're trying to do, etc etc. No fumbling around assigning signals in the gauges.

How do you get to it?
With the PV connected to your bike and ignition and run switch on, from the main menu screen, select "Settings", then "Enter Code". On that screen enter pin 319245 and select Save. Once the screen comes up, you can press start log just like you do on the gauges screen to begin data logging.

With the PV mounted, you can see at a glance what "cells" you are hitting while riding. TP, RPM, log name, etc are also displayed but they are small...... You can also start the Datalogger and just drop in a saddlebag or pocket if that is what you are currently doing. It will setup all the signals you need and write to the log. Just remember to start and stop the log like you do with the gauge display.

I will try to post a picture of the screen later but give it a try. Just be careful. Let us know what you think. DJ is planning some improvements to the tool and may add it as normal selectable function at some point.

Don't forget to check the DynoJet Update link. They are posting a lot of the latest features and fixes there ---> http://www.dynojet.com/Blog/?p=80

Old 08-12-2011, 10:07 PM
SpinnrUp
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Using Autotune basic, does the new datalogger remove the requirement to have a tune loaded that has all AFR table cells set to 14.6 or does it manage that internally?

Old 08-13-2011, 07:14 AM
TedMan
Road Warrior
Received 245 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by JustDennis
You can use with Basic tune as well. It logs all the fields you need for either the Basic or Pro tune in LT. Good question, I meant to include that. I used the display and logs for both type of tuning.
Kool, thanks.

TedMan

Old 08-13-2011, 02:50 PM
lzski326
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi,
I don't know if I'm in the proper thread for this. I just purchased a power VIsion from jamie at fuel Moto. I followd the quick start guide and loaded the map that Fuel Moto installed in the unit. The quick start book said it would automatically save the stock map,but I don't see it in there anywhere. It just shows one map in slot one. So did i totally mess tis up already. The motor runs but it just started to rain so I cant take a test drive yet. Also need to figure out how to change the speedometer calibration.
Thanks Larry

Old 08-13-2011, 03:53 PM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SpinnrUp
Using Autotune basic, does the new datalogger remove the requirement to have a tune loaded that has all AFR table cells set to 14.6 or does it manage that internally?
You still need the cells set to AFR 14.6 where you want to tune with stock o2 sensors. It doesn't change your calibration, it only sets up the data signals needed and shows you where you are hitting the cells.

Old 08-13-2011, 03:56 PM
JustDennis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by lzski326
Hi,
I don't know if I'm in the proper thread for this. I just purchased a power VIsion from jamie at fuel Moto. I followd the quick start guide and loaded the map that Fuel Moto installed in the unit. The quick start book said it would automatically save the stock map,but I don't see it in there anywhere. It just shows one map in slot one. So did i totally mess tis up already. The motor runs but it just started to rain so I cant take a test drive yet. Also need to figure out how to change the speedometer calibration.
Thanks Larry
The PV automatically backups up the stock tune but doesn't load it to one of the slots unless you choose that option in the program vehicle menu.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:03 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PV experts... i was riding today temps here was mid 80's with 70& humid... my Oil Temp Gauge ( replaced air Temp) reading was about 290deg... i was getting pinging between 2000 - 3500 RPM when i would roll the throttle.. never had this b4 with the FM map... There was no Knock hits from Data log.. any suggestions... ?

Old 08-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member

Your not alone my oil temps are high to. I made some posts but have not really got a sure direction to go yet. I have thought of a couple of things but may be way off. If I dont figure out anything I think I will call FM for some direction. I have wondered about doing tunes with multiple updates to firmwares and winpv. etc. I have thought about starting all over??? and sticking with one revision all the way through a tune? grasping at straws now but seems I need to cool the oil down.

Originally Posted by papifun
PV experts... i was riding today temps here was mid 80's with 70& humid... my Oil Temp Gauge ( replaced air Temp) reading was about 290deg... i was getting pinging between 2000 - 3500 RPM when i would roll the throttle.. never had this b4 with the FM map... There was no Knock hits from Data log.. any suggestions... ?

Old 08-14-2011, 12:49 PM
JustDennis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Sam2010
Your not alone my oil temps are high to. I made some posts but have not really got a sure direction to go yet. I have thought of a couple of things but may be way off. If I dont figure out anything I think I will call FM for some direction. I have wondered about doing tunes with multiple updates to firmwares and winpv. etc. I have thought about starting all over??? and sticking with one revision all the way through a tune? grasping at straws now but seems I need to cool the oil down.
It has been in the upper 90s to 100 degrees here is SC for quite a while. What I have done that seems to work well is this. I tuned my map with LT to get the VEs where they needed to be then went back and set the map to open loop mode by changing all the cells that were 14.6 to 13.8. This gave me a very good running map and dropped the engine and oil temps by about 15 degrees. With a little testing, I ending up changing to 14.1 AFR and found that I got pretty good gas mileage and retained the engine cooling. If you have a good tune and are still running at stoich (14.6) give that a try. Of course if you are running a Lambda tune, just replaced what I said in AFR with Lambda values.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread