Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

My oil temps are 260+ with ambient air at 75*. 1- I have ordered a 10 row jagg oil cooler. 2- I have modified base map with 2 different fuel maps to try both are still in closed loop. Have not had a chance to try them. I was reading about timing on another forum sticky and read something about advance timing at idle will run cooler? Not sure how to approach it from a timing stand point?. Other thought has been the outer cam sprockets/chain off the timing mark? From what I read it will run hot but most can tell something is not right in my case I am not thinking there is a problem with my cam job runs good other than I am surprised my bike is still so hot. My ETs are 300+ in light traffic. Very happy with how it runs its just hot. Oil pressure is good. I use synthetic oil. Any thoughts?
Bike is 2010 SG
V&H big shot duals qt. bafffle
SE intake
TW-555 cams
Power Vision. Fuel Moto base map.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Twrguy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking firmware update

just installed update...the fact you can now set up datalog/ cofigure gauges on PV without attaching to bike is great!! I am looking forward to see trip log (fuel econ info)..

Old 08-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

That sounds cool I have not checked out the gauges on pc yet. But I really do like the new compare features.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by JustDennis
DynoJet has added a News section that gives you some good information. You can find it here http://www.dynojet.com/powervision/p...sion-news.aspx

Particularly interesting is the new features listed. Some of them have been requested here. I really like the change indicator and am testing the exit PC link mode. I really think that will be helpful. To exit PC link mode, click on the Powervision dropdown, select Diagnostic/Test Function then select Exit PC Link mode

quoting....
"Many new features are now available for your Power Vision. Please use the Update Client to acquire the latest software, firmware, and tune database. Some of the new features include:

Fuel Mileage Trip Center – allows you to correct Distance, Fuel Used, and MPG channels to yield accurate MPG readings.
Added Smooth and Interpolate functions to WinPV
Added Undo function to WinPV
Added “Revert to Last Loaded” function to WinPV
Added a visual indication to identify parameters that don’t match when using the compare feature. This offers a quick, easy way to identify where the tune has changed.
Added “Exit PC Link Mode” function to WinPV. This will allow you to enter a few menus, such as “Datalog” without the need to have the Power Vision attached / plugged into the bike. No more draining the battery to assign channels to gauges

http://www.dynojet.com/Blog/?p=80

……..and more.
Thanks for the great summary of the latest updates. I downloaded the update yesterday but I was wondering if there's someway that future updates can include some type of Log that includes each updates version's improvement. In my old SEPST, there was a "What's New" that kept track of the improvements. It was always available to refer to when making an update and quickly see what the improvements were.

Is there some way to get word to the development team to include some type of "What's New" field in WINPV that would let you read the latest improvements (by version) to both WINPV as well as the PV unit itself?

Also will it ever be possible to have an "updater" for the LogTuner or will will we always have to download the latest version and delete the old version. It should be relatively easy to add an update feature to the LogTuner, shouldn't it?

Old 08-09-2011, 10:55 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by CrusingHarley
Iclick,

I have an electrical background and personally despise butt connectors, I never use them. I would strip the two wires back and use a lineman's joint. Solder and then cover with heat shrink. If the splice is open to the elements, you can get heat shrink that will seal water tight. Another option would be to install a quick disconnect connector that is weather tight, like the end of the PV cable that plugs into the bike. I hope this helps.
Why would Jamie advise against using solder, unless it causes a change in resistence that would affect the output of the sensors? I need to ask him once he returns from Sturgis.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:41 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by JustDennis
Fuel Mileage Trip Center – allows you to correct Distance, Fuel Used, and MPG channels to yield accurate MPG readings.
Everyone be advised that can enter a correction factor by clicking on that item and adding the new value. Or, you can click on the value itself (e.g. Distance), add the true distance, and it'll calculate the correction factor. E.g., if the PV Distance value shows 150.0 miles and it is actually 152.0 miles, just click on the "150.0" and enter "152.0" and it'll figure the correction automatically.

Added Smooth and Interpolate functions to WinPV
Could someone explain this? It isn't self-explanatory to me and as usual I see no documentation anywhere. (Ten lashes with a strand of Softail fringe if I am being dense or missed the documentation.)

Added “Revert to Last Loaded” function to WinPV
I assume this is a way to void all changes since a tune was loaded and revert to its original state. Correct? Anyway, I don't see this anywhere, so where is it? (Ten more lashes if this is obvious.)

Added a visual indication to identify parameters that don’t match when using the compare feature. This offers a quick, easy way to identify where the tune has changed.
Voila.

Added “Exit PC Link Mode” function to WinPV. This will allow you to enter a few menus, such as “Datalog” without the need to have the Power Vision attached / plugged into the bike. No more draining the battery to assign channels to gauges
Haven't tried this yet either, but it is much needed.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:43 AM
CrusingHarley
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iclick
Why would Jamie advise against using solder, unless it causes a change in resistence that would affect the output of the sensors? I need to ask him once he returns from Sturgis.
After re-reading his post, I don't think he advised against it. I think he mention how he has handled it. A lot of people use butt splices because they are quicker and easier than soldering. As for resistance added to the circuit, what little bit if any added should be negligible.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:46 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Sam2010
That sounds cool I have not checked out the gauges on pc yet. But I really do like the new compare features.
I've been replying on the other thread, so I won't comment further here about the heat issue. I'd like to see what kind of ET's you're running, which you can view when the PV is attached while riding. Run it at around 50-60 mph for a while and notice where ET settles, as well as noting the ambient temp during the ride. Then let's see where it runs in city riding, not in gridlock but moving along with routine stoplight interruptions. The results should be telling, and I would also like to know what type of OTG you're using (fairing or dipstick). Whichever it is I'd suggest checking its accuracy. IMO those OT's are too high for 75° ambient, even without a cooler. I would hate to think about your OT's running in S. LA right now. Like I said on the other thread, we haven't seen 75° for months except maybe at 3am.

Last edited by iclick; 08-09-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:35 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by CrusingHarley
After re-reading his post, I don't think he advised against it. I think he mention how he has handled it. A lot of people use butt splices because they are quicker and easier than soldering. As for resistance added to the circuit, what little bit if any added should be negligible.
Well, he said "On your O2 sensor you can splice the wires however you cannot solder them." That sounds like "Don't use solder," but I can't imagine why not. I agree with you about butt connectors, as I don't trust any connection that is held together only by a crimp. I've had too many of those come loose, and it just doesn't take that long to solder and heatshrink a splice.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:42 PM
CrusingHarley
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iclick
Well, he said "On your O2 sensor you can splice the wires however you cannot solder them." That sounds like "Don't use solder," but I can't imagine why not. I agree with you about butt connectors, as I don't trust any connection that is held together only by a crimp. I've had too many of those come loose, and it just doesn't take that long to solder and heatshrink a splice.
I stand corrected, I did not see post 1110, I was referring to post 1113. I am curious as to why this would be as well.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread