Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 05:37 PM
TedMan
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 158 Posts

Well, double-checked and AE/DE are active and I doubt it's my WE table. Any other ideas or suggestions on my warm-up cough (post # 881) is appreciated. Thanks.

TedMan

Last edited by TedMan; 07-18-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:39 PM
CrusingHarley
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI,

New version of log tuner and WinPV user guide is available @ Dynojet.

Last edited by CrusingHarley; 07-21-2011 at 06:38 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:21 AM
bp_shooter123
Road Captain

Originally Posted by CrusingHarley
FYI,

New version of log tuner is available @ Dynojet.
Thanks for the heads up.

Michael

Old 07-21-2011, 02:20 PM
bp_shooter123
Road Captain

Originally Posted by CrusingHarley
FYI,

New version of log tuner and WinPV user guide is available @ Dynojet.
This new user guide is 141 pages. Lots of new info.

Michael

Old 07-21-2011, 10:52 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by camarossls12001
When I click on Open PPV it does not display any files. If I go to the folder where they are suposed to be saved in my computer they are there. For some reason they are not showing up in the PV programs.
I think I'm catching on now. LT (aka Log Tuner or PV Tuner) doesn't default to the same folders defined in WinPV, but rather to the last folder you visited. I complained about that and have been testing v1.0.10 that now goes to the default folders--well, except for one they missed (final PVV save). v1.0.11 is now available on the website and it works the same including the missed item. LT also now remembers the window size from the last time it was closed.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:53 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

Still around checking in. The FM base map I have for my bike is/was so close I have never had any knock on front cylinder always "0" and I dont hear any in front but rear I have made some data logs and let it take some time out of rear cylinder. Going for a long ride today and will see how the new tune is. I will get a couple of data logs on this ride to. This will be the first time I have the bike out in some nice weather with PV and cams suppose to hit high 70s maybe see 80 I am anxious to see how bike does. My bike is hitting temperatures of 269 in data logs when its only 60s out. Will see how it goes bike may be a little lean I have not check fuel milages but I can tell its getting pretty good mileage. What temps are you all seeing in your data logs?

Old 07-24-2011, 07:59 AM
Delmar
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been running data logs now for the past week on mine and adjustments still being made to ve tables. Tune is real close now. It was pulling a bit of timing out both front and rear cylinders. Now only a little on rear cylinder. Ive been riding in temps in the high 80's and mid 90's with my bike running around 234. I do run an oil cooler on it.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:59 AM
GoPro Steevo
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam2010
My bike is hitting temperatures of 269 in data logs when its only 60s out. Will see how it goes bike may be a little lean I have not check fuel milages but I can tell its getting pretty good mileage. What temps are you all seeing in your data logs?
My Temps, South Florida Heat: 252-269 on the Interstate; 264-279 around town; Saw 300 once in bumper-to-bumper gridlock, pulled off and SHUT IT DOWN.
I run the 6-panel guages on my PV. Engine temp is right there on my top row. I monitor it all the time. I've even noticed on the interstate, that at some speeds, engine temp will run cooler in 5th gear than in 6th! Keep it Cool, -Steevo-

Old 07-26-2011, 12:04 PM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

For any of you that are running with the PV mounted to the bike, you may be interested in this. I am testing a new quick disconnect accessory for the PV that DynoJet is going to make available. I checked with Jamie at FuelMoto and he will have them available when DynoJet begins to sell them commercially. I don't know what the cost will be yet.

The quick disconnect accessory is made of plastic and has mounting screw holes that match those on the back of the PV. I use the Techmount Bar Mount to hold the PV on my bike. When I ride to work everyday, I have to take the PV off the bike and bring inside with me. That meant I had to keep an allen wrench handy so I could release the unit from the Techmount. Once I received the Quick Disconnect accessory (QDA), I mounted it to the Techmount plate and connected it to the bar mount. The QDA stays attached to the bar mount and the PV attaches by snapping the top and bottom arms into the small grooves built into the PV. You still have to connect and reconnect the cables to the PV but this makes the process much easier. The QDA also has a little visor that shields the top of the PV when attached and flips down when the PV is detached.

Overall I am very pleased with this little accessory. It isn't a MUST HAVE but it is nice if you attach and detact the PV regularly. I will post a picture shortly but wanted to put my first impressions out here.

Here is a link to some pictures of the "Hood Accessory" http://www.dynojet.net/WPMediaSite/?cat=3

Last edited by JustDennis; 07-28-2011 at 06:36 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:49 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,335 Likes on 2,527 Posts

Originally Posted by camarossls12001
When I click on Open PPV it does not display any files. If I go to the folder where they are suposed to be saved in my computer they are there. For some reason they are not showing up in the PV programs.
Originally Posted by iclick
I think I'm catching on now. LT (aka Log Tuner or PV Tuner) doesn't default to the same folders defined in WinPV, but rather to the last folder you visited. I complained about that and have been testing v1.0.10 that now goes to the default folders--well, except for one they missed (final PVV save). v1.0.11 is now available on the website and it works the same including the missed item. LT also now remembers the window size from the last time it was closed.
i think i know what he's talking about here as i had it happen to me as well. even when navigating to the proper folder in winpv, the file i was looking for would not be there. but if i went to the same folder in windows explorer it would be there. the only thing i could figure is that some of the folders were showing little 'locks' in the tree.

my way of working around it was to copy the files i wanted to the desktop, then i could open them in winpv, edit them as needed and save them to the proper folder.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread