Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Best TunerS

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best TunerS

So i've read pretty much about those ...
I've asked a question on a thread and did not get a satisfying response so :

As I can understand the 2 better-user friendly fairly easy to use product is either the SERT that's is called Screamin Eagle Super Pro Tuner now ? 32109-08B or A
And the TTS MasterTune PART # 2000000 + 2000004 (KUR9220 + KUR9223)

So for someone that never did this wich of those is the most understandable I guess there is somekind of chart and instructions with those ... Wich one is the most easiest to use. I don't want to mess up the bike either i guess the settings are resettable ? I mean what is the risk change a few things try it out , bike runs like a 1956 Massey ferguson come back try something else ? I asked a good friend about it and he sais that's it should be close enough to what he did to a racing car ... and that a monkey could learn to do it. ???

My intent are to stay in the range of the stage one. The main reason is that the bike is powerfull enough for me, sounds like crap stock, just want to wake the beast a little. I'm not ready to go crazy yet if at all on stage 2-3-4 etc.

From my understanding the newer bikes comes out lean to meet epa standards. And even on stocks bike the tuners will make it run the way it supposed to run. Altough theres always diverging opinions on which tuner is the best (like asking youre favorite colors) the 2 I named are those that came back the more often.

It will probably be redundant but the thread is about that so ... If someone used both of those what are theyre pro's and con's ?
And if anyone prefer another one feel free to share it. But please put some meat on the bone. Don't you just say I got this installed and it goes fine.

Thanks for making me up to date with my JAP-H-D
( I know you purist will be mad at me)

Old 02-23-2011, 06:34 PM
donovann2o
Intermediate

wow...sometimes I wonder why there is a helmet law.....

Old 02-24-2011, 06:36 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For a bike without O2 sensors, they are the same, get the one lowest cost to you.

If you are intending to tune a late model O2 sensor bike, they are both about the same ease of use but only TTS provides factory support. There are also few shops that sell TTS that will also help you along. There seems to be plenty of user support for TTS here and elsewhere. TTS will do what you tell it, so you don't have to think about working around it. I think the TTS kit is less money. If you go to mastertune.net, can find the TTS tuning manual, download it, read it and understand the basics, you should have enough computer skills to tune the average stage 1 or 2 bike. It is a lot easier to use and understand with the software in front of you, they have done a pretty good job explaining the process. Seems more daunting than it is. If you have a bike that's unique and not running well, then I think you will probably need expert help regardless.

Last edited by ColdCase; 02-24-2011 at 06:39 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:27 AM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

Originally Posted by ColdCase
For a bike without O2 sensors, they are the same, get the one lowest cost to you.

If you are intending to tune a late model O2 sensor bike, they are both about the same ease of use but only TTS provides factory support. There are also few shops that sell TTS that will also help you along. There seems to be plenty of user support for TTS here and elsewhere. TTS will do what you tell it, so you don't have to think about working around it. I think the TTS kit is less money. If you go to mastertune.net, can find the TTS tuning manual, download it, read it and understand the basics, you should have enough computer skills to tune the average stage 1 or 2 bike. It is a lot easier to use and understand with the software in front of you, they have done a pretty good job explaining the process. Seems more daunting than it is. If you have a bike that's unique and not running well, then I think you will probably need expert help regardless.
Thanks for youre opinion, i'm looking into it
I've found the mastertune for 424$ with the cable and software I'm just wondering what is the main difference beside that with the sert you let the box on the bike and with the tts you dont. Do they void the warrenty ?

Old 02-24-2011, 12:53 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior

Void engine warranty, perhaps... TTS allows you to archive the stock map and reload it.

The HD tuner (SESPT) captures data and saves it on the interface module.

The TTS captures data on a laptop you ride along with, so it can capture more information with finer detail.

The tuners I know say the TTS base maps work better than HD maps and the software works better and with less problems. The next iteration will have the ability to play with cam profile parameters.

You can get satisfactory results with either one, but you can make more adjustments and easier using TTS. But if you never need to make those kinds of adjustments its a don't care. TTS is a very good tool for the tool box, however. Its a judgment call only you can make.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

Well it's already deceided that i'll buy one of those 2.
The main reason is why should I pay HD 250 $ (thats the price here) for something that isnt what the bike needs ?

I was wondering if theyre were other good product beside those 2 that come up very often.

I've read pretty much everything on the threads about those and i'm happy to have done so. Like you said with the thing in my hands and on the computer it should be easier to understand than imagining it.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Dustball
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give Dynojet's Power Vision a serious look. The unit mounts to your bike and you can monitor several number of parameters and pull log files as you ride. You also have the ability to flash a new load into your ECM sitting alongside the road in less than 2 minutes start to finish. You can pre-load up to 6 available memory slots with different calibrations.

Note: The auto-tune function, which requires the purchase of an additional module, should be available soon.

-Dusty

Old 02-24-2011, 10:16 PM
inthechateau
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Anyone ever try the Doebeck TFI?

Old 02-25-2011, 01:22 AM
Dustball
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep...I have one in the garage. Used it for three years and worked great. The TFI "sits" on top of the map and you adjust a series of pots to richen the mixture at different RPMs and crossover points. Think of the pots as jets in a carb. If you're just looking to add a little more fuel to your stock map after an AC or pipe change, then a TFI a great addition.

-Dusty

Old 02-25-2011, 10:49 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Reaper_ggy

I was wondering if theyre were other good product beside those 2 that come up very often.
Just about any name brand product works, they all have their fans. Current consensus is that, if you are a DIYer, want to be prepared for just about any mods or problem, and have a bike with O2 sensors, there is nothing better than the TTS tuning kit for your tool box. There are other products that offer more automation for a price, some even offer fancy displays or control panels for more money, but they do not provide as good a street tune as you can get yourself with the TTS kit and some patience. TTS currently dominates the tuner sales, not saying that there are other options for you.

You achieve the best tune by hiring the best tuner pro who then uses his vast experience and dyno tools to build you a smooth riding responsive bike suitable to your riding style. That can get expensive if you are changing parts in an out all the time.

PS when you compare prices, make sure cables and software is included along with the vehicle interface. It can get confusing with some of the products.

Quick Reply: Best TunerS