Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Best TunerS

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 11:20 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Lonewolf176
If done with the TTS no one will know you bike has been tuned. You have the ability to change the cal id of the new map to match the one that was in your bike. It also does not "trip" the switch that says you bike has had another map installed. $60 cheaper, easier to use and great tech support= no brainer.
You can do this with the Power Vision, too. The ID is the same on all my tunes, the same as stock, but can be changed at any time. On a bike like mine that's out of warranty that point is moot, however.

Originally Posted by Reaper_ggy
So 1 for the TTS
One for the TTS and PV, but I don't understand the huge benefit in this. The PCV also doesn't disturb the Calibration ID, and with it the stock ECM tune is undisturbed.

Last edited by iclick; 03-15-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:04 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
You can do this with the Power Vision, too. The ID is the same on all my tunes, the same as stock, but can be changed at any time. On a bike like mine that's out of warranty that point is moot, however.

One for the TTS and PV, but I don't understand the huge benefit in this. The PCV also doesn't disturb the Calibration ID, and with it the stock ECM tune is undisturbed.
What don't you understand ?

Old 03-17-2011, 12:33 AM
Dustball
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After re-reading this thread I'd recommend you stick with the dealer installed stage 1 download Reaper. You don't seem to be a "tinker", and truth of the matter is that the dealer installed stage 1 download will fatten the AFR enough to accommodate aftermarket pipes and the air cleaner, plus give you the 6200 RPM limit. It's also enough for a mild bolt in cam (if you ever get that far). That's the cheapest and safest route given your warranty concerns.

-Dusty

Old 03-17-2011, 07:00 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dustball
After re-reading this thread I'd recommend you stick with the dealer installed stage 1 download Reaper. You don't seem to be a "tinker", and truth of the matter is that the dealer installed stage 1 download will fatten the AFR enough to accommodate aftermarket pipes and the air cleaner, plus give you the 6200 RPM limit. It's also enough for a mild bolt in cam (if you ever get that far). That's the cheapest and safest route given your warranty concerns.

-Dusty
Thanks for your advise. One of my friend who's a tech adviser in a Stealership told me that the hd map would be enough too, but it simply didnt feel right to give 250 + tax for about 30 minutes and a hand shake while the thing thats seems to be the best is a tts and for only a couple of more bucks and time ...

(Don't get me wrong I aint a tie and suit guy, I weld, worked in mechanic, and in construction I touch everything.No offense taken doe)

Old 03-17-2011, 07:51 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 379 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Reaper_ggy
Thanks for your advise. One of my friend who's a tech adviser in a Stealership told me that the hd map would be enough too, but it simply didnt feel right to give 250 + tax for about 30 minutes and a hand shake while the thing thats seems to be the best is a tts and for only a couple of more bucks and time ...
Here's the difference (stock 96", air cleaner and slipons.)

Attached Thumbnails Best TunerS-96-download-vs-tune.jpg  
Old 03-18-2011, 03:34 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

Originally Posted by Lonewolf176
Here's the difference (stock 96", air cleaner and slipons.)
Nice thanks for that.

Old 05-01-2011, 03:06 PM
jankovic
6th Gear
Smile auto tune - nomaps, no extra moduls

I fined this tuner
"Revolution Performance Precision Engine Management System"

the prforms of tuner :
•Just set it up and ride; Precision EMS requires no laptop, no dyno and no downloads
•Unlike other so-called self-tuning controllers, this is a true self-optimizing system
•Adjusts instantly with little or no further adjustment
•Most self-tuning controllers get a little better with each ride, requiring countless rides for it to learn more than two thousand fuel cells; Precision EMS factors air/fuel ratio, timing parameters, load and temperature ranges and adjusts instantly
•Improves the performance of everything from a stock bike to a massive 135 in.
•Retains and makes use of the stock Delphi ECU
•Keeps OEM features and safeguards like ion-sensing knock protection
•Engine-load-based timing control
•Constantly monitors and adjusts using included wide band O2 sensors
•System includes Precision EMS controller, two wide-band O2 sensors, ECU shipment box and customer information sheet
•Made in the U.S.A.

NOTE: ECU will be calibrated by Revolution Performance. Pre-paid, next-day-air package included.

price is $650-$750 ... only once you cray after that

Is someone use this tuner befor?

Old 05-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Green Hornet
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the tts master tuner! way better system for customer support if you need it. Very easy to use if you have basic computer skills!

Old 05-01-2011, 04:22 PM
jankovic
6th Gear
Smile

TTS is ok, I fined also Power Vision like nice solution. For all this tuners you need maps (power vision is smart and always do a upgrade of the maps, like weather is change from 30 to 80, he will make a change ... dirty air cliner and you put new one he will make a change, but you still need maps for your bike).

A Performance Precision Engine MS ... you don’t need a maps... you don’t need a upgrades, PC... you just need one think and he will do the upgrade all the time, you change a air filter ... or exouste ... don’t worry, he will do it. That is how they write about that. I don’t now is that really working on that way. That is my question?

Thanks
Nenad