Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Best TunerS

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slim_B_Kool
Yes it can take quite a few dyno pulls to make sure no decebel pop on deceleration and get peak performance. Some shops may let you watch the tuner guy work. I didn't know nothing about tuning so i had my bike tuned at the dealership. it run flawless. I feel like a dyno is a must have to get the most out of the bike.
I'll probably try it out first and do my best then if it is hopeless I'll turn it in. I don't necessary seek out the perfection, I want it to be richer, cooler and defenitively more sound. If I can accomplish this by my self without harming the bike I'll be happy

I come from a long way I had a yamaha wr450(liquid) then a kawasaki 750 ltd (air)so ...

Old 03-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Slim_B_Kool
Cruiser
Default tuners

Originally Posted by Reaper_ggy
I'll probably try it out first and do my best then if it is hopeless I'll turn it in. I don't necessary seek out the perfection, I want it to be richer, cooler and defenitively more sound. If I can accomplish this by my self without harming the bike I'll be happy

I come from a long way I had a yamaha wr450(liquid) then a kawasaki 750 ltd (air)so ...
you may be able to try fuelmoto.com for a tuner. they have some cheaper tuners and you just turn a few ***** the turner to richen the bike. Plus you call them an tell them your mods and they can suggest how to set the tuner up. That would be a cheap way to go and save quite a bit of money over some of the more expensive tuners. If you use some of the more expensesive even with the auto tune, you still mat have to have it tweaked on a dyno. that could run over 1,000 bucks just to get it running right. I ain't trying to make any other forum members mad over this post. But the way the economy is a man wants as much as he can get for his money. Just ask if you want to know any more. Thanks for reading my post.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:38 PM
PHAZE
Intermediate

I agree with going to a good dyno tune guy and then find out what he uses to do his best work. I've had good results from a couple of guys that used the Harley SE Race Tuner (SERT).

Old 03-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

you may be able to try fuelmoto.com for a tuner. they have some cheaper tuners and you just turn a few ***** the turner to richen the bike. Plus you call them an tell them your mods and they can suggest how to set the tuner up. That would be a cheap way to go and save quite a bit of money over some of the more expensive tuners. If you use some of the more expensesive even with the auto tune, you still mat have to have it tweaked on a dyno. that could run over 1,000 bucks just to get it running right. I ain't trying to make any other forum members mad over this post. But the way the economy is a man wants as much as he can get for his money. Just ask if you want to know any more. Thanks for reading my post.
That's all about why I made this thread, to see people experiences. I've seen some tuner you're talking about and care to learn more

Old 03-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Slim_B_Kool
Cruiser

I am currently using the sepst on my bike. I have a new DX and it runs flawless with this tuner. I did have it done at the dealership on a dyno. I also have an 11 Wideglide with the same tuner and had it done at the same dealer by the same tech guy. The DX has topless airbox with SE filter, V&H competition series 2-1 exhaust, SE stage 2 cams. This bike pulled 128hp/88tq at the ground. The 11 Wideglide has SE heavy breather, V&H big radius exhaust. This bike pulled 88hp/95tq at the ground. Both bikes run flawless and I couldn't be happier with both bikes. Some of the tuners you are considering are married to one bike. I had to get 2 sepst for these bikes because they are married to the bikes. They will only work with these bikes. You may want to research a lttle more if you want to tune more than one bike. Some tuners are married to the bike you are tuning and will not work on another bike.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

I'm just trying to figure it out. Do I really need a tuner or the stealer maps will do the trick if I only go stage one.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Slim_B_Kool
Cruiser

You can go with about any tuner you want with stage 1. You just have to remember that HD sets their bikes pretty lean from the factory. When you do the stage 1 mod, you are just adding more air thus making the bike more lean. This can be damaging to the engine if a tuner isn't added to add more fuel to the system. After more fuel is added, the bike will pick up more power and will probably run cooler than before. You may lose mileage per gallon. Shop around and find a good deal on a tuner. You can tune the bike yourself with a tuner map from the manufacturer of the tuner. You can pay a little more money and get a tuner with the autotune feature. It will tune the bike by itself and you won't have to do much more than plug it in to the bike.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:18 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

You can go with about any tuner you want with stage 1. You just have to remember that HD sets their bikes pretty lean from the factory. When you do the stage 1 mod, you are just adding more air thus making the bike more lean. This can be damaging to the engine if a tuner isn't added to add more fuel to the system. After more fuel is added, the bike will pick up more power and will probably run cooler than before. You may lose mileage per gallon. Shop around and find a good deal on a tuner. You can tune the bike yourself with a tuner map from the manufacturer of the tuner. You can pay a little more money and get a tuner with the autotune feature. It will tune the bike by itself and you won't have to do much more than plug it in to the bike.
So basically that's where I stand right now ...
I can get the tts mastertune for 420$ with usb cable and software
or the SEPST 480$ with usb cable software and tutorial software ... (Price are with shipping)
If i'm right .. with the tts it voids the warrenty right ?

So I may revive the thread and repeat myself a little but, I want some more advise ...
And if you got better deals let me know

Thanks all

Old 03-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 370 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by Reaper_ggy
So basically that's where I stand right now ...
I can get the tts mastertune for 420$ with usb cable and software
or the SEPST 480$ with usb cable software and tutorial software ... (Price are with shipping)
If i'm right .. with the tts it voids the warrenty right ?

So I may revive the thread and repeat myself a little but, I want some more advise ...
And if you got better deals let me know

Thanks all
If done with the TTS no one will know you bike has been tuned. You have the ability to change the cal id of the new map to match the one that was in your bike. It also does not "trip" the switch that says you bike has had another map installed. $60 cheaper, easier to use and great tech support= no brainer.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

Originally Posted by Lonewolf176
If done with the TTS no one will know you bike has been tuned. You have the ability to change the cal id of the new map to match the one that was in your bike. It also does not "trip" the switch that says you bike has had another map installed. $60 cheaper, easier to use and great tech support= no brainer.
So 1 for the TTS

Quick Reply: Best TunerS