Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Best TunerS

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 12:12 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Reaper_ggy
You guys almost sold one to me i'm just waiting for a quote from a friend that works in a stealership for the se. If the price he makes me as a significant deifference with the tts i'll see, otherwise the tts is about 430 $ with everything cables and software so ...
Don't forget to add in the cost of a laptop or netbook to lug around on the bike when you ride for data collection.

Last edited by jluvs2ride; 02-28-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:24 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jluvs2ride
Don't forget to add in the cost of a laptop or netbook to lug around on the bike when you ride for data collection.
I'll borrow one from a friend. Doesnt cost much

Old 02-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Dustball
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the power vision the same thing as the PCV ? or it's a different product from Dynojet ?
Completely new. You should really check it out before you buy the TTS and compare function and capability. Downsides to PV are the software is still maturing for several of the capabilities such as Auto-Tune, and their analysis software to compliment WinPV is still in development. Still, in it's current form it's certainly on par with TTS. The real-time monitoring of information while riding puts it over the top IMO. (I've used both)

-Dusty

Old 02-28-2011, 07:02 PM
blusmbl
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ColdCase
The USB adapter in the TTS kit is a much better adapter than those $9 models, perhaps something more like a $60 adapter. If the adapter doesn't do flow control right, they are nothing but trouble.
I dunno... this is the exact cable that was included in mine.

http://www.buy.com/prod/sabrent-seri...206178190.html

Old 03-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

Originally Posted by blusmbl

It might be a way for them to make us buy theirs instead of other because they have the wiring

Old 03-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dustball
Completely new. You should really check it out before you buy the TTS and compare function and capability. Downsides to PV are the software is still maturing for several of the capabilities such as Auto-Tune, and their analysis software to compliment WinPV is still in development. Still, in it's current form it's certainly on par with TTS. The real-time monitoring of information while riding puts it over the top IMO. (I've used both)

-Dusty

I've got time so ... I'll take it in consideration

Old 03-01-2011, 05:03 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blusmbl

That's not close to the one in my kit, I had a bekin adapter. Looking at the spec sheet it looks like it was cobbled together from several pieces, what is this SATA thing, thats disk drive stuff, right?

Old 03-01-2011, 05:16 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dustball
Still, in it's current form it's certainly on par with TTS. The real-time monitoring of information while riding puts it over the top IMO. (I've used both)

-Dusty
There are a lot of folks that know tuning better than me that would have a big laugh at this statement, as it seems like dynojet is advertising two year old technology as the latest and greatest.... but I dunno... put lipstick on a pig, its still a pig underneath? I'm sure there are several fan boys and this thread will deteriorate into a my thing is better than your thing soon.

But my advice is to be careful here, try to separate marketing hype from what actually works on the street. Try a couple of the other HD forums for other opinions.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So i've read pretty much about those ...
I've asked a question on a thread and did not get a satisfying response so :

As I can understand the 2 better-user friendly fairly easy to use product is either the SERT that's is called Screamin Eagle Super Pro Tuner now ? 32109-08B or A
And the TTS MasterTune PART # 2000000 + 2000004 (KUR9220 + KUR9223)

So for someone that never did this wich of those is the most understandable I guess there is somekind of chart and instructions with those ... Wich one is the most easiest to use. I don't want to mess up the bike either i guess the settings are resettable ? I mean what is the risk change a few things try it out , bike runs like a 1956 Massey ferguson come back try something else ? I asked a good friend about it and he sais that's it should be close enough to what he did to a racing car ... and that a monkey could learn to do it. ???

My intent are to stay in the range of the stage one. The main reason is that the bike is powerfull enough for me, sounds like crap stock, just want to wake the beast a little. I'm not ready to go crazy yet if at all on stage 2-3-4 etc.

From my understanding the newer bikes comes out lean to meet epa standards. And even on stocks bike the tuners will make it run the way it supposed to run. Altough theres always diverging opinions on which tuner is the best (like asking youre favorite colors) the 2 I named are those that came back the more often.

It will probably be redundant but the thread is about that so ... If someone used both of those what are theyre pro's and con's ?
And if anyone prefer another one feel free to share it. But please put some meat on the bone. Don't you just say I got this installed and it goes fine.

Thanks for making me up to date with my JAP-H-D
( I know you purist will be mad at me)

Dude. Accept the fact that what ever tuner you use (even the auto tunes), really need a "reputable" tuner to make your bike run it's very very best.

Sure you can play with them a bit, as long as you save your original map to revert to,....... and even do minor adjustments such as "fixing" decel pop, but please accept the fact that a talented guy with experience with your particular unit, and a dyno machine to measure his adjustments on, is what it truly takes to achieve perfection.

I run the slightly dated version of SERT and it has done me very well over the years. Power Commander on my last bike was pretty good too. The power commander was likely a little more user friendly, but I can navigate my SERT pretty darn well.

Yes, even "only" a stage one can benefit from having a pro with a dyno set you up. Not talkin' about a dealership with a Dyno. I'm talkin' an independent tuner with a reputation.

Auto tunes ain't a bad thing, but a reputable tuner will get you a few more ponies.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ColdCase
There are a lot of folks that know tuning better than me that would have a big laugh at this statement, as it seems like dynojet is advertising two year old technology as the latest and greatest.... but I dunno... put lipstick on a pig, its still a pig underneath? I'm sure there are several fan boys and this thread will deteriorate into a my thing is better than your thing soon.

But my advice is to be careful here, try to separate marketing hype from what actually works on the street. Try a couple of the other HD forums for other opinions.
"Real time monitoring while riding" is just being able to play with a toy, nothing else.
Why do I think this?
Because once your bike is tuned, it's tuned!
Let your tuning guru have it for an afternoon, and move on to bigger and better things. Save the map, you are done!

Get a GPS or Smart Phone to "play" with (if you really need something to stare at, other than the road and scenery).
A good smartphone can keep your eyes off the road for endless hours! LOL

Seriously, an afternoon with your tuning guru and a dyno to measure his adjustments,..... verses months of staring at a 4 inch screen to accomplish less than perfection,.....

I'm just sayin'.

Quick Reply: Best TunerS