Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Capabilities vs. WinPV Options

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 08:49 PM
Dustball
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Currently the PV logs your choice of channels into the display which can then be exported as a .csv which allows you to view them Excel. You can easily sort thru and analyze the data very easily, for example if you are looking for a knock event simply scroll down the column and look for any data in the specific column and you can see exactly which RPM, TPS and MAP that the knock event happened. You can also choose as few or as many channels to log and it samples 33 times per second. Having used all of the other Harley ECM data recording software on the market, the Power Vision logging works extremely well and allows you to log more channels than any of them, the only thing to get used to is that you are viewing it as text. They are currently working on the PV "on screen" log viewer, dyno specific tuning software, and there will also be a software log viewer for analysis for those who want to view them graphically. There are also several other cool applications they are working on
Thanks for the response Jamie. That's excellent! FYI - That MegaLogViewer above is pretty cool, but my druthers is a tool integrated within the WinPV platform.

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Because there are different tune levels and ECM base calibrations, in order to expose all of the tables within Power Vision you simply need to load and flash your calibration to the ECM, retrieve it, and open it in WinPv which will allow access to all of the available tables. Make sure you are using the newest version of software/firmware and everything is right there
Yeah, that's what I've been saying...it doesn't appear to be working like that. I got your message and I'll catch you tomorrow and better describe what I'm seeing.

-Dusty

Old 02-22-2011, 03:26 PM
Dustball
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dustball

Yeah, that's what I've been saying...it doesn't appear to be working like that. I got your message and I'll catch you tomorrow and better describe what I'm seeing.

-Dusty

The latest software from Dynojet corrects the above and in fact does provide access to the tune tables. Note: Not all EFI builds will support every available PV table. Perhaps the next version of documentation will have a key that identifies what features and functions are available for the various models/years.

Thanks to Jamie for the education!

-Dusty

Old 02-24-2011, 07:04 PM
BIOHAZARDCYCLES
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so connecting my auto tune to the pcv wont do anything?
and is there a map available for
103 , 255 cams , vance full 2 into pro hi output exhaust & heavy breather?