Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 07:42 AM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by paud
I flashed ECM for data record and selected Enable Smart Tune Reflash and Reset Adaptive fuel. When I view the recording I see places where the AFR drops bellow 14.6. It drops as low as 13. Interesting because my original AFR does not have any numbers below 13. Is my Enable Smart Tune button working?
I bet it is working fine. I reviewed a recent run from this weekend. I saw my AFR desired mostly flat lined at 14.6, which I would have thought was correct, but it did drop a hand full of times to 14.2 and 13.8 when the Map load / RPM increased/decreased. This was a 55 minute run. I checked the accell enrichment and all zero accross the board. It may have some imbedded codes in the program for this to happen.

Last edited by Grillfish; 02-14-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:10 AM
paud
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default ..

Originally Posted by Grillfish
I bet it is working fine. I reviewed a recent run from this weekend. I saw my AFR desired mostly flat lined at 14.6, which I would have thought was correct, but it did drop a hand full of times to 14.2 and 13.8 when the Map load / RPM increased/decreased. This was a 55 minute run. I checked the accell enrichment and all zero accross the board. It may have some imbedded codes in the program for this to happen.
When I flash my ECM, as mentioned, I click Enable Smart Tune and Reset Adaptive fuel. When I click on Program ECM..it begins to upload to ECM, but when that starts the button for Enable Smart Tune becomes unchecked..is this normal?

Old 02-14-2012, 11:07 AM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by paud
When I flash my ECM, as mentioned, I click Enable Smart Tune and Reset Adaptive fuel. When I click on Program ECM..it begins to upload to ECM, but when that starts the button for Enable Smart Tune becomes unchecked..is this normal?
I can not recall about the button being checked/unchecked when the upload begins. I do know I get a warning when I reflash if the Enable Smart tune button is selected. Warning something like... "Warning this map is only for smat tune recorded runs and not to be used for regular basis....".

If I do another Smart tune reflash anytime soon, I'll keep an eye out and let you know. Maybe others will check too.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:38 PM
RicardoJPinto
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scotty3
Should work........maybe try another file SPZ, SCD, SCA all have active intake tabs and I bet one of them will work to turn it off and then you are free to use any file you like.
Scotty unfortunately that trick doesn't work.

I have tried all 241, SPZ, SCD, SCA files some have the option to disable Active Intake, but after I put my 241DA001-001 back and start the bike the P0661 error returns icon_sad:

Maybe because my 2011 Rocker C is HDLAN?

How can I solve this???

Old 02-14-2012, 04:14 PM
scotty3
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by RicardoJPinto
Scotty unfortunately that trick doesn't work.

I have tried all 241, SPZ, SCD, SCA files some have the option to disable Active Intake, but after I put my 241DA001-001 back and start the bike the P0661 error returns icon_sad:

Maybe because my 2011 Rocker C is HDLAN?

How can I solve this???
Well looks like HD have stuffed up on the maps then..........
You could go to the dealer as they can turn it off with the Digital Technician 2
Or you can buy a plug to put on the now disconnected cable to fool the system into thinking the Active Intake is still connected.
I have not used one on a CAN bus bike but the connector and wiring are the same as earlier bikes so it should work.
You can get one from the below link or make your own buy connecting a resistor 5-20W/20 ohms heavy duty between the pins on the disconnected plug.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-David...item4cfdac4e1f

Old 02-14-2012, 04:58 PM
RicardoJPinto
Advanced

Originally Posted by scotty3
Well looks like HD have stuffed up on the maps then..........
You could go to the dealer as they can turn it off with the Digital Technician 2
Or you can buy a plug to put on the now disconnected cable to fool the system into thinking the Active Intake is still connected.
I have not used one on a CAN bus bike but the connector and wiring are the same as earlier bikes so it should work.
You can get one from the below link or make your own buy connecting a resistor 5-20W/20 ohms heavy duty between the pins on the disconnected plug.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-David...item4cfdac4e1f
Ok Scotty thank you for your help.

I will talk to my dealer to disable active intake with Digital Technician 2.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:26 PM
RicardoJPinto
Advanced

Originally Posted by RicardoJPinto
Ok Scotty thank you for your help.

I will talk to my dealer to disable active intake with Digital Technician 2.
Hi there!

Anyone knows how to disable Active Intake with Digital Technician 2?

Old 02-18-2012, 08:07 PM
paud
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey all...me again
After looking at my latest recording, I figured when I back off the throttle rapidly, the AFR drops to 13 during record mode. Would this be affect/cause of decel pop?

When I get ready to Smart Tune, what are the recommended settings for Tuning Setup? RE: Knock Control? Active Exhaust Control, Active Intake and ACR?
Right now they are: Knock Control-enabled. Active Exhaust-Disabled. Active Intake-Disabled. ACR-Disabled.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:39 AM
skip3406
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 2 Posts

Can I use SEPST with a asus net book with a 10.1 display it has 1 GB of Ram & Intel 1.6GHz CPU? The software loaded without any trouble.
I don' have a full size laptop.

Last edited by skip3406; 02-19-2012 at 06:43 AM. Reason: extra info
Old 02-19-2012, 06:11 PM
RA51
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by skip3406
Can I use SEPST with a asus net book with a 10.1 display it has 1 GB of Ram & Intel 1.6GHz CPU? The software loaded without any trouble.
I don' have a full size laptop.
I use a toshiba net book an works fine with the SESPT. When you reflash the ecm, you can not check reset adaptive fuel. But that is the only thing it will not do. I use the garage computer for main download. Then take the net book for rides with me.

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread