Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Mich
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Okay, thanks for your input harleytuner. I will give that a try

Old 02-10-2012, 02:49 PM
beaumontbagger
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Newbie tuner question:

I'm using an SEPST for the first time, anticipating an exhaust change from Big Radius to Stock on a 2009 SG.

The instructions call for a reflash to a basic mapping first, prior to using collected data to plug into the Auto tune.

I don't want to lose my current mapping because:

1. in the event I put the Big Radius pipes back on,
2. to have some "known" working map/config in case I really screw things up.
3. I was hoping to just fine tune off of what I have instead of starting from the beginning.

Is there a way to save my current mapping for later use?
Do I really need to start at a base map and go from there?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Old 02-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Billyram
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

If your current map is saved in your VCI you can just up load from VCI and it will be stored in a VCI file. But if your VCI is new and unused there's nothing in it to up load. Forget about saving the stock factory program. You don't want it anyway being too lean. Your sepro tuner will tune what ever changes you make.
Billy

Old 02-11-2012, 10:17 AM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Originally Posted by beaumontbagger
Newbie tuner question:

I'm using an SEPST for the first time, anticipating an exhaust change from Big Radius to Stock on a 2009 SG.

The instructions call for a reflash to a basic mapping first, prior to using collected data to plug into the Auto tune.

I don't want to lose my current mapping because:

1. in the event I put the Big Radius pipes back on,
2. to have some "known" working map/config in case I really screw things up.
3. I was hoping to just fine tune off of what I have instead of starting from the beginning.

Is there a way to save my current mapping for later use?
Do I really need to start at a base map and go from there?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
If this is the first time you are using SEPST, then you did not flash the VCI and the map in the ECM cannot be retrieved. If however the VCI was used by someone to flash it for you, then yes you can save it first from VCI for later use.
going back to stock muffler suggest a lower flowing setup and the current tune will have higher VE than base map. You don't have to start with base map IMHO.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:40 PM
paud
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I did another run today. When I loaded the recording and viewed it, it shows some sporadic acceleration enleanment. It is ok to use this recording or did the enleanment mess it up?

Old 02-12-2012, 08:08 AM
beaumontbagger
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks 1Canuck.

just some additional info:

I bought the bike used and it came with the pipes, a/c, cams, already installed. It also came with the VCI, and some dyno sheets showing the new tune.

I hooked up the VCI with the cables and software and there was nothing on it.

I want to save the current mapping on the ECM since it was dyno made and seemed to run well with that setup.

what are the steps to down load the current mapping on the ECM, to the VCI and then from the VCI to the computer.

Thanks,

Chris

Old 02-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Billyram
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by beaumontbagger
Thanks 1Canuck.

just some additional info:

I bought the bike used and it came with the pipes, a/c, cams, already installed. It also came with the VCI, and some dyno sheets showing the new tune.

I hooked up the VCI with the cables and software and there was nothing on it.

I want to save the current mapping on the ECM since it was dyno made and seemed to run well with that setup.

what are the steps to down load the current mapping on the ECM, to the VCI and then from the VCI to the computer.

Thanks,

Chris
Go into the program set up, hook the VCI to the bike, computer and turn on the ignition. Click on VCI and it will come up. Save it to your VCI file. The last changes made will be in the VCI.
Billy

Old 02-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 370 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by paud
I did another run today. When I loaded the recording and viewed it, it shows some sporadic acceleration enleanment. It is ok to use this recording or did the enleanment mess it up?
It should be ok. You will see that when the ae table is active the bike drops out of closed loop and you won't be collecting smarttune data.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:46 PM
fxdc rider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so do i need a laptop to be able to use the tuner and software? in other words does the computer have to be connected to the vci box and then to the bike at the same time? i only have a bulky desktop computer right now and dont want to buy the software and cables if they all need to be hooked up together at the same time for flashing/downloading. thanks

Old 02-13-2012, 05:27 AM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fxdc rider
so do i need a laptop to be able to use the tuner and software? in other words does the computer have to be connected to the vci box and then to the bike at the same time? i only have a bulky desktop computer right now and dont want to buy the software and cables if they all need to be hooked up together at the same time for flashing/downloading. thanks
Yup, you need something to load the program, save your files, etc.... If you want to buy the VCI, then have someone dyno it if they have the program and cables, then no PC needed, but your out of luck with making any adjustments.

Check out the DJ Power Vision sticky here, might be better option. It has a small LCD touch screen that might help you out (just not sure if you still need a PC hooked up tot he bike to run all the Ve tunes,e tc..)

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread