Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Billyram
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

You can tune most of the areas you ride in with the SEpro tuner by making data runs and smart tuning. The dyno will help gather data in the areas that are tough to get data by riding on the street. The annoying decell popping can be tuned out by trial and era. No two bikes are the same.
Billy

Old 02-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

V-Twin Expo this weekend in Cinci. Anything new being released for SEPST? If anyone attends and there is some new features, please share....

Old 02-03-2012, 03:42 PM
Pa-Rider
Road Master

Does anyone have the p/n for the SE Super Tuner software cd? I ordered my cables for my tuner last week from Lake Shore, and just now discovered that I also had to order the cd, but I can't find it on Harley's website, nor can I find it in my big book.

Thanks!

EDIT - found the p/n = 32111-12

Last edited by Pa-Rider; 02-03-2012 at 04:35 PM. Reason: p/n added
Old 02-03-2012, 07:21 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Grillfish
V-Twin Expo this weekend in Cinci. Anything new being released for SEPST? If anyone attends and there is some new features, please share....
I'll be there. I doubt they will release anything new, they usually don't for stuff like the expo. Neither HD or Screaming Eagle is listed as a vendor. They'll be in Indianapolis in Feburary at the International Bike show. I'm going to that one as well.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Mich
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

the software part number is 32111-11

Old 02-05-2012, 05:03 PM
The Rose
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the software is in the screaming eagle cataloge

Old 02-06-2012, 06:22 AM
Grillfish
Road Captain

Originally Posted by harleytuner
I'll be there. I doubt they will release anything new, they usually don't for stuff like the expo. Neither HD or Screaming Eagle is listed as a vendor. They'll be in Indianapolis in Feburary at the International Bike show. I'm going to that one as well.
Thanks!

Old 02-07-2012, 05:07 AM
apx07
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Billyram
You can tune most of the areas you ride in with the SEpro tuner by making data runs and smart tuning. The dyno will help gather data in the areas that are tough to get data by riding on the street. The annoying decell popping can be tuned out by trial and era. No two bikes are the same.
Billy
Thanks Billy. I have the cable, software and training vid on order.

Cheers,

Old 02-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Mich
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I will be breaking in my 1250 conversion soon and was hoping to get some input.

The re assembly is not quite finished yet but before I started I reflashed the ECM with the 1200 stage 1 map and changed my tuning setup disp to 1250. Originally I was going to start smart tuning after my heat cycles but I was thinking that a limited smart tune run ( limited because I will not be going over 3000 rpm) will run too hot for the new engine because all of my AFR values will be set at 14.6 during the smart tune data gathering.

My idea for the 500 mile break in period is to set the closed loop values to 14.0 only for the first 500 miles then after that, set the values back to their original values and start smart tuning. I know it is better not to mess with the AFR values until after the smart tuner is recommending changes of less than .5 to the VE tables.

Does this sound like a good idea? Any input would be appreciated.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:08 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Mich
I will be breaking in my 1250 conversion soon and was hoping to get some input.

The re assembly is not quite finished yet but before I started I reflashed the ECM with the 1200 stage 1 map and changed my tuning setup disp to 1250. Originally I was going to start smart tuning after my heat cycles but I was thinking that a limited smart tune run ( limited because I will not be going over 3000 rpm) will run too hot for the new engine because all of my AFR values will be set at 14.6 during the smart tune data gathering.

My idea for the 500 mile break in period is to set the closed loop values to 14.0 only for the first 500 miles then after that, set the values back to their original values and start smart tuning. I know it is better not to mess with the AFR values until after the smart tuner is recommending changes of less than .5 to the VE tables.

Does this sound like a good idea? Any input would be appreciated.
That's a bad idea. Leave your AFR table at 14.6, if you change it you will be turning off closed loop then you will have no idea what you are running. If I were you I would lower the rev limiter down as far as you can (4000 RPM's) and turn on the smarttune, just do some short runs first, like beklow 35 MPH for a few trips around the block, then accept the changes and do some more runs to 45 MPH, etc. Just vary your throttle positions and try to hit as many ranges as you can. Just keep it to quick trips untill you get your cruising speeds dialed in. If you lower it to 14:1 and turn the closed loop off, you may still be too rich (richer than 14.6:1) and your o2 sensors will not be turned on to make the corrections.

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread