Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 06:17 PM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Grillfish
Lonewolf provided you with the answer in the other thread.
Saw that, thanks. I posted here first but touring section gets about 10X more viewing traffic...

Old 01-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Mich
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default SEPST software will not update

I received my new SEPST today with cables (sealed in new boxes, this was purchased from a dealer), software CDS and installed it on my laptop with Vista. After install I rebooted my PC, reopened the software, searched for updates and this is what happened.

-Check for updates
-Update available 5.001.0001.exe
-Download and install: this flashes for a few minutes and then I get this:

Update failed
Unable to connect to update server. Check your internet connection and try again later.

I have not connected the VCI to the bike yet and I tried the update several times with the same results each time. I then disabled my firewall and tried again. Would not update, and yes, I was connected to the internet.

any ideas why this is happening? Is the update server down?

Any advice would be appreciated. I bought this software because I have ordered and will be installing the NRHS 1250 kit in a few weeks on my 2012 Iron and I need the stage one download to start it up after the conversion before I dyno tune it.

Thanks.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:54 AM
scotty3
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mich
I received my new SEPST today with cables (sealed in new boxes, this was purchased from a dealer), software CDS and installed it on my laptop with Vista. After install I rebooted my PC, reopened the software, searched for updates and this is what happened.

-Check for updates
-Update available 5.001.0001.exe
-Download and install: this flashes for a few minutes and then I get this:

Update failed
Unable to connect to update server. Check your internet connection and try again later.

I have not connected the VCI to the bike yet and I tried the update several times with the same results each time. I then disabled my firewall and tried again. Would not update, and yes, I was connected to the internet.

any ideas why this is happening? Is the update server down?

Any advice would be appreciated. I bought this software because I have ordered and will be installing the NRHS 1250 kit in a few weeks on my 2012 Iron and I need the stage one download to start it up after the conversion before I dyno tune it.

Thanks.

Although it is always a good feeling to run the latest software and I always like to make sure I have all the updates myself in your case the update is not necessary to get your 2012 Sportster updated as the level 171 flash files for the Sportsters were last updated in 2010 in the v3 software and have not been updated since so you can flash away.
Most of the 2012 software updates revolve around the Dyna/Softails as they have a new ECM/BCM to contend with.

So keep trying the update server but don't panic if you don't get the update as you will be fine.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:25 AM
Mich
Road Master

thanks so much for your information.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:38 AM
Mich
Road Master

I am doing a NRHS 1250 upgrade in a few weeks but I am l waiting for all of my parts before I reflash my ECM for the first time with the stage 1 map

I am getting familiar with my new SEPST and my first question is: When I first mate my VCI to my bike, is it possible to save the original stock 883 map before I upload the new stage 1 map?

I want to temporarily install the 883 stage one map and compare it to the basic stock map if I am able.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Billyram
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mich
I am doing a NRHS 1250 upgrade in a few weeks but I am l waiting for all of my parts before I reflash my ECM for the first time with the stage 1 map

I am getting familiar with my new SEPST and my first question is: When I first mate my VCI to my bike, is it possible to save the original stock 883 map before I upload the new stage 1 map?

I want to temporarily install the 883 stage one map and compare it to the basic stock map if I am able.
The problem is there has to be something in the VCI to up load and a unused VCI is empty. Don't worry about the EPA compliant map that's in the ECM. Pick a map that's close to your bikes setup and load it. I can tell you your bike will run better. If you're going to make changes in a few weeks I wouldn't bother with smart tuning.
Billy

Last edited by Billyram; 01-22-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:26 PM
Mich
Road Master

Ya, good advice i think. the only reason I wanted the old file was for educational purposes, so I could put the old map and stage 1 map side by side for comparison and to see what changes were taking place.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:47 PM
paud
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

mich...
Try to left click on the Super Tuner Icon, then select Open File Location.
Search for SuperTunerupdateclient.exe Click on it ..see if it updates that way

Old 01-22-2012, 10:19 PM
Mich
Road Master

thanks Paud. Tried it but got the same result.

I am trying to read this whole thread ( it is taking quite a few hours as you can guess) and I am only on page 53 but I want to ask a few questions.

There are 2 stage one maps for the XLs the 883 and the 1200. I have installed SE slip ons and SE stage one AC. The 1250 NRHS kit will be installed and I will be using my stock 883 heads. So, if I use the 1200 stage one download as my closest match, before I flash the first time should I go to the tuning tree/tuning setup/engine displacement and change this value to the corrected 1250 displacement?

Also, should I start smart tuning as I break my engine in? I realize that I will only be getting values for the lower rpm ranges until the engine passes 500 miles and I can start hitting higher rpms and speeds.

thanks.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:51 PM
Billyram
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

You will want to change the displacement to 1250 and you can / should start smart tune data runs as soon as you want.
Billy

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread