Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 02:38 PM
WoodsHog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Scotty.I'm gonna get the newer software cd and reflash it.They shouldn't have missed it because they put the cams in.No big deal though,can't ride anyway,it's winter.

Last edited by WoodsHog; 01-01-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:11 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by WoodsHog
Thanks Scotty.I'm gonna get the newer software cd and reflash it.
There's new software?

Old 01-03-2012, 10:46 AM
Fatboy Todd
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by paud
"Oh what fun it is to ride...'
So, I downloaded the last smart tune I did, fired up the bike, hit the record button and off I went. Was out for nearly 40 minutes when i did a U turn on a narrow road. Heard a noise, lost concentration and front tire slid off the shoulder just at the completion of my turn. I stopped but lost balance and over we went..sort of in slow motion. I quickly shut off Ignition and start button. Nothing hurt. Got bike back up (embarrassed as hell). Then I said "Oh crap", looked at the VCI and it was off. I thought of all that recording I had just lost. Then I decided to push the red button anyway. Sure enough it started to blink again. I rode home and got about 16 minutes worth. So...dont lose concentration no matter what and if you are in record mode, and shut the bike off you will lose what you recorded, BUT start up again and you can start recording again.

I tried start/stop/re-start record today. Started record, went to gas up, pressed red button to show solid red light. Shut off bike, gassed up. Tank full, pulled from pump, stopped, and saw red light on VCI lit up and steady red. I pushed and it started blinking so OFF I went.
Go home hour later and downloaded from VCI. What a mess!!! It kept downloading new recording like the whole thing was broken up and intermittent. So I scratched it all. Will make another run soon.
Sorry to hear the bike went down but glad she's ok. I had an interesting VCI situation the other day as well. Started recording --> stopped and turned off (now know bad idea)--> then started recording a second run --> left ignition on but turned run switch to avoid fuming up my garage and at download software said no data to download. So a double fail. Too cold in VA to be making these mistakes but lesson learned. Dying to get rid of this decel pop! Any progress on your end?

Old 01-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Rmuller
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super tuner question

Putting cams in my bike 575 redshift 2009 fxdb super tuner. Already has been dyno tuned

Just wondering if the screaming eagle software has canned maps. I need a starting point for smart tune.

Thanks in advance

Old 01-03-2012, 05:56 PM
CrazyBoom
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default VE tables...

I think I'm doing the Smart Tune right...Flash the scoot with the last update in Smart Tune and enable...set the VCI up to record...do the run (it's cold as H*LL out, but still dry without salt)...download the data, generate and then update. What I have noticed is that the updated changes are not all changing in the "new save". For example if the new number for 1125 RPM and 20 kPa is 85.2 and the previous is 85.4 it won't save as 85.2, instead it reverts back to 85.4 (These numbers are an example, not actual data). It seems that if the numbers are within a certain amount it doesn't want to do the change. I have re-read all of this thread and re-run the smart tune update proceedures and can't figure it out. Am I doing something wrong? Is this a function of Smart Tune knowing these minascule changes don't matter, or is there something I should be aware of that I missed in the manual, video, and/or this thread? Thanks for the assistance.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:50 PM
WoodsHog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jluvs2ride
There's new software?
I have the 2011 software and it does not list the calibration that is in my bike or the one Scotty suggested.Part # for the 2012 cd is 32111-12.
When I check for updates,it says that none are available.I don't know if the 2012 cd is differant or not,but I will find out.I have the new cd ordered.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 370 Likes on 235 Posts

I believe with the SESPT the only way to get the new calibrations is to buy the cd.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:34 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Lonewolf176
I believe with the SESPT the only way to get the new calibrations is to buy the cd.

+1, the updates only correct changes in the software. SE aint given nothin' away for free.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:12 AM
Grillfish
Road Captain

Originally Posted by harleytuner
+1, the updates only correct changes in the software. SE aint given nothin' away for free.
Agreed, but I think you can share the program cd, load it on your pc and give it back to your buddies

Old 01-04-2012, 06:17 AM
Grillfish
Road Captain

Originally Posted by CrazyBoom
What I have noticed is that the updated changes are not all changing in the "new save". For example if the new number for 1125 RPM and 20 kPa is 85.2 and the previous is 85.4 it won't save as 85.2, instead it reverts back to 85.4 (These numbers are an example, not actual data). It seems that if the numbers are within a certain amount it doesn't want to do the change.
I have not noticed this on mine as I did my Smart tunes. I'm not sure if .2% is a big enough difference to know and maybe there is some program in the tool that doesn't change it. I bet you can manually change it though. Maybe others on here who have tuned bikes on a dyno with SEPST can reply. Overall, sounds like your on the right approach. Have fun!

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread