Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 10:10 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by 11FLHR
Neat thread,but now I know I cannot do this myself.
1. No computer skill.
2. No laptop.

A bud at work has done a PC III install/tune. Wil we be able to muddle through,based on that experience ?

Lastly for harleytuner. You appear to have a good knowledge of shops & tuners out in the field. Can you recommend anyone near Boise to do the tuning ? If you could answer via pm, I would greatly appreciate it. I am having trouble,or I would have sent you a pm sooner. Thanx for all the time & effort you and many others have put into this thread.It is fascinating,although confusing. Don.
Unfortunately I don't know any good tuners in your area. Not that there aren't any, just none that I no good enough to vouch for. I am more than willing to help you in any way I can though, I others here won't steer you wrong as well.

Old 11-27-2011, 04:34 PM
paud
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This is embarrassing but...
I just did a nice run. Downloaded VCI to laptop and can open the .hdx file.
How do I change it to the .dto file?

Old 11-27-2011, 06:20 PM
Billyram
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by paud
This is embarrassing but...
I just did a nice run. Downloaded VCI to laptop and can open the .hdx file.
How do I change it to the .dto file?
I'm not sure what you're trying to do but I don't think you can change the data run file. You can view the data and then go to your tuning file and import the smart tune data.
Billy

Old 11-28-2011, 08:26 AM
paud
Road Master

Originally Posted by Billyram
I'm not sure what you're trying to do but I don't think you can change the data run file. You can view the data and then go to your tuning file and import the smart tune data.
Billy
Major brain fart here.
I RTM...then discovered i had to open the tuning then click Add New....
frikking brain I have makes me crazy sometimes.

Old 12-03-2011, 05:01 AM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quick question... I have just wrapped my baffles, before they were not wrapped came that way from V&H. Would wrapping baffles change the flow/backpressure enough for me to SmartTune all over again? My tune is good as it is today. Should I just do a recorded SmartTune run and let the program adjust as needed?

Thanks!

Old 12-03-2011, 10:30 AM
Billyram
Tourer

Originally Posted by Grillfish
Quick question... I have just wrapped my baffles, before they were not wrapped came that way from V&H. Would wrapping baffles change the flow/backpressure enough for me to SmartTune all over again? My tune is good as it is today. Should I just do a recorded SmartTune run and let the program adjust as needed?

Thanks!
Wrapping the baffles won't make as much differance as the changing atmoshere conditions. I wouldn't think you would need to make a data run unless for piece of mind.
Billy

Old 12-03-2011, 01:12 PM
paud
Road Master

Is my idle expected to stay steady or is it normal to very abit...?
At 290 degrees eng. temp, idle ranges from 990 to 1500 and MAP ranges from 28.00 to 32.50. Idle is set at 1100

Old 12-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Billyram
Tourer

Originally Posted by paud
Is my idle expected to stay steady or is it normal to very abit...?
At 290 degrees eng. temp, idle ranges from 990 to 1500 and MAP ranges from 28.00 to 32.50. Idle is set at 1100
290*F is getting Hot! I haven't seen mine much over 275*F on a data run. I don't know why you have your idle set @1100 when the book calls for 950-1000. I have mine set @1000 and it bounces arround 950-1050 @250*F with 48H cams.
Billy

Old 12-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Billyram
Wrapping the baffles won't make as much differance as the changing atmoshere conditions. I wouldn't think you would need to make a data run unless for piece of mind.
Billy
Thanks. I did do a ST recorded run and it tweaked a few VE cells F/R. So you are right, didn't effect the tune much. I even dumped the recording into MyTune for the timing check and no change.

As for my engine temp, I checked and never saw above 239% today, but it was 59% outside and only ran for 45 minutes. Idle is set @ 1K and varies around 950 and 1050.

Thanks!

Old 12-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Billyram
Tourer

Changes of less than 5% to the VE tables may not be noticable but I like to tune mine a bit closer than that. After I make a major change like cams or exhaust I like to make about a 45 min data run. The biggest changes will be on the first smart tune. I then do a 30 min run to see how close the tune is and smart tune. I have done a third data run but found two to be enough and don't see a less than 1% change making enough differance.
Billy

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread