Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 02:47 PM
gary_montague
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default thanks

I read enough to know there were canned maps, but I was very unsure which harley pipe might compare to the monster rounds that I bought. I thought the race pipe might be best, but the folks at V&H say it is fairly quiet and mellow. Those are not the words I would use to describe a race pipe. I am hoping to get quite a few little things done this fall when the season is over. I plan to get the bike all detailed and the tuning done and maybe get the compensator mod also. thanks for your time.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:15 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by gary_montague
I read enough to know there were canned maps, but I was very unsure which harley pipe might compare to the monster rounds that I bought. I thought the race pipe might be best, but the folks at V&H say it is fairly quiet and mellow. Those are not the words I would use to describe a race pipe. I am hoping to get quite a few little things done this fall when the season is over. I plan to get the bike all detailed and the tuning done and maybe get the compensator mod also. thanks for your time.

they only have a couple MAPs that are close, use the one for the race exhaust, it will be fine for your build, to start with. If anything it wold probaby start you out a tad rich, which is better than being lean. But it would be a good place to start, you can install the MAP then do some smarttune runs and accept the corrections. If/when you have questions, just post them back here, alot of good knowledge in this thread.

Old 10-01-2011, 04:37 AM
DDALLAS
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi
can anyone tell me if once the pro tuner is dedicated to your bike, does that mean if something happens to blow up the computer that runs the bike, you would need another tuner?
Thanks

Old 10-01-2011, 06:48 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DDALLAS
Hi
can anyone tell me if once the pro tuner is dedicated to your bike, does that mean if something happens to blow up the computer that runs the bike, you would need another tuner?
Thanks
Yes, the tuner does marry to the ECM, so it would need to be replaced if your ECM becomes inoperable.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:11 AM
DDALLAS
Novice

Hi harleytuner
thanks for the advise, not keen on the answer! Lol. Must be a way to use it on another ecm, any pc tec's reading.i know practicaly nothing about these thing's, so please keep it simple, and i don't know what half of the abreviations mean.
Thanks again doug

Old 10-02-2011, 07:16 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member

Hi harleytuner
thanks for the advise, not keen on the answer! Lol. Must be a way to use it on another ecm, any pc tec's reading.i know practicaly nothing about these thing's, so please keep it simple, and i don't know what half of the abreviations mean.
Thanks again doug
Sorry you don't like the answer. But if you are looking for a way to "hack" it, DON'T ask here. The thread will be closed because the moderators will not tolerate it, it has been asked before, do a search ifyou'd like, but don't expect to find an answer that you want to hear.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:31 PM
DDALLAS
Novice

Hi mr harleytuner
thanks for you kind words.
I'll just toddle off down to the shop an buy a new ecm, and a new sept, through the other good sept in the bin and just suck it up like the good little consumer that i am!!! You recon thats fair!!
Thanks doug

Old 10-03-2011, 05:55 AM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since I changed the F/R spark tables back to what the origonal canned map was (increased by 4 for 95% fo the table except upper right 4-6 cells), I can feel a difference in power for sure. After 500 miles, my gas milage went from 42 mpg avg to 46 mpg avg. Is this due to more of a complete burn? Should I do some more Smart Tunes with this new timing to be sure it has not leaned it out any?

Thanks (BTW, some nice riding weather in FL this past weekend).

Old 10-03-2011, 07:22 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member

Hi mr harleytuner
thanks for you kind words.
I'll just toddle off down to the shop an buy a new ecm, and a new sept, through the other good sept in the bin and just suck it up like the good little consumer that i am!!! You recon thats fair!!
Thanks doug
Can you tell us what happened? Did you have a SEPST and it quit working? Was it married to your ECM? What's it doing? I have seen ECM's lose a VIN number and the tuner will not communicate with them, if that is the case the dealer can reload a stock calibration into your ECM abd enter your bikes VIN and you would be able to continue using the SEPST. Let us know what issues your having.

And NO I don't "recon" it's fair, but that's the way it is. What you are asking is not impossible, it's been done. I'm just asking that you please refrain from bringing it up in this thread, there is alot of good info in here and it has helped alot of people out, It would really suck to have it get closed because you are looking for info that is illegal. Start a new thread and ask your questions, that way when it gets locked by the administrators it won't effect other people. I can tell you from past experiences, the Mods here will not tolerate any talk about "hacking" VCI's. The manufacturers have patents to protect their software, as much as you, me and whoever don't agree with it, that's the way it is.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:50 AM
DDALLAS
Novice

Sorry, dont want anybody to get into strife. Just trying to learn. Can a new ecm have the original vin number put in it? So that the sept can reconise it, just checking.
Thanks

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread