Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 12:32 PM
hrchdog
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the SEPRO Tuner as good as the TTS tuner? Reason I ask is because it comes in the stage II kit with 254e cams i'm looking at.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:52 PM
RA51
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My opinion one is a good as the other. I gave both of them an they both do the same thing. You just have to have a laptop or netbook which I use with the TTS to carry with you. You do not have to carry a comp with you with the SESPT.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:46 AM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry if this sounds like a naive question as I don't have much experience with tuners. Im putting on a set of supertrapp SE slip ons and will also be installing a Big Sucker on my 2011 RK. I had been thinking of going with the Stage 1 d/l. Is the SEPST a viable alternative to the d/l or should I still have it done? Or better off skipping the d/l and just going with the Super Tuner? My setup will be what I listed but with the oem header (cat) I assume the SEPST can come up with a good map?

Lastly is the SEPST a product I can purchase and install/use myself with no dealer involvement?

Thanks for listening

Old 08-12-2011, 08:00 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hrchdog
Is the SEPRO Tuner as good as the TTS tuner? Reason I ask is because it comes in the stage II kit with 254e cams i'm looking at.
The TTS is more versitile. It will allow you to save the factory base map that is now in your ECM the SEPRO will not. The TTS will allow you to adjust the speedometer for gear ratio changes or changes in tire size, the SEPRO will not. You can V-Tune the bike and not need a dyno using a laptop. You will be able to gather more information per run that with SEPRO's Smart Tune, the list goes on.

Old 08-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Steve06FXDB
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, finally got my software so now the fun begins. Quick question, should i start with 2006 Shotgun Shorty (141NP002) or 2006 Closed Loop Shotgun Shorty ( 141NX104 )???

Thanks

Old 08-12-2011, 03:51 PM
tgshoe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Buddy WMC
The TTS is more versitile. It will allow you to save the factory base map that is now in your ECM the SEPRO will not. The TTS will allow you to adjust the speedometer for gear ratio changes or changes in tire size, the SEPRO will not. You can V-Tune the bike and not need a dyno using a laptop. You will be able to gather more information per run that with SEPRO's Smart Tune, the list goes on.
How do you figure that the TTS will gather more information? The SEPST has Smart tune. I guess you can gather more info with the TTS since you have to lug a laptop with you on your tuning rides. Not to mention since this is the SEPST thread we should probably stick to the SEPST. The TTS will allow you to save your original map. Of course even Harley realized that no one wants to save the file that everyone is trying to replace. Why would you. The SEPST comes with a stage1 map that is essentially the same as the download. Load that up and perform the smartune. Done!

Old 08-12-2011, 04:23 PM
RA51
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve06FXDB
Hey guys, finally got my software so now the fun begins. Quick question, should i start with 2006 Shotgun Shorty (141NP002) or 2006 Closed Loop Shotgun Shorty ( 141NX104 )???

Thanks
141NX104 would be the one to use. You have O2 sensors an this map also has smart tune in it.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Hatch
Novice

Originally Posted by hrchdog
If you ever want to get a dyno tune, you better check with the shop you like to make sure they can tune with a TTS tuner. The HD shop here can only tune with the Super Tuner. Doesn't mean you cant find one that can use the TTS box, just saying.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:29 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tgshoe
How do you figure that the TTS will gather more information? The SEPST has Smart tune. I guess you can gather more info with the TTS since you have to lug a laptop with you on your tuning rides. Not to mention since this is the SEPST thread we should probably stick to the SEPST. The TTS will allow you to save your original map. Of course even Harley realized that no one wants to save the file that everyone is trying to replace. Why would you. The SEPST comes with a stage1 map that is essentially the same as the download. Load that up and perform the smartune. Done!
I agree with you that this is the SEPST thread, but the gentleman did ask the question. I replied as I am a certified TTS tuner and the tool is only as good a the operator. Of the three HD shops in our area, none have a dyno and none of the technicians is SESPT certified. That means factory downloads only and they are still too lean. The game also changes with the addition of cams, headwork or any other future performance modifications. I can also set your cam intake and closing points and yes, I can datalog for about 40 minutes allowing much more information to be gathered. With that being said, I'll bow out and let you guys enjoy your discussions.

Last edited by Buddy WMC; 08-13-2011 at 07:34 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:26 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Even though the book says the race tuner will only allow 15 minutes of data, I have been able to record over 45 minutes myself.

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread