Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 06:33 PM
glmf
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by glmf
The map loaded by the dealer on my bike is the 009FZ002-001 as suggested. The bike pings badly with this map. There are no exhaust leaks. I am using premium gas (10% ethanol) and cannot get ethanol free. I am trying to figure out how to look at the spark tables now. Will post that when I figure it out
Looked at timing and the knock control is enabled. Only weird thing so far is the ACR is disabled? Starts fine but don't want to prematurely kill the starter so will probably enable this when I get the hang of it. Probably won't be able to smart tune until Wednesday night so will keep reading up to learn this. Thanks for the help

Old 07-25-2011, 06:34 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looked at timing and the knock control is enabled. Only weird thing so far is the ACR is disabled? Starts fine but don't want to prematurely kill the starter so will probably enable this when I get the hang of it. Probably won't be able to smart tune until Wednesday night so will keep reading up to learn this. Thanks for the help
Do you have ACR's?

Old 07-25-2011, 06:34 PM
AjAnd3rson
Tourer

Originally Posted by RA51
What map are you running ? An all cells at 13.3 that thing has to be sucking up some fuel.
Yeah it is......

But remember I don't have a clue what I'm doing.

Old 07-25-2011, 06:43 PM
AjAnd3rson
Tourer

I'm running 241DA001.dt0

The dyno tech told me to try running something from the 103 family and he told me to run 13.3

Can anyone offer me some insight?

Old 07-25-2011, 06:46 PM
glmf
Intermediate

Originally Posted by PistonPuller
Do you have ACR's?
Yes I have ACR's. Bike is a 2011 EG Limited with the 103. SE air filter, Reinhart 3.5" slip ons and no cat in the stock headpipe.

Old 07-25-2011, 06:49 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 373 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by AjAnd3rson
I have the SEPST and have been fiddling with this thing for a month now. I have loaded maps…reloaded maps….Smart tuned…Went to the dealership and got a quick 10 minute rundown with the tech who does the dyno changed AF values from 13.3 back to 14.1 ect…. Done all kinds of crazy stuff in my tables but cant seem to get anywhere…..
First thing you have to do is run smarttune until the ve tables are calibrated.

Originally Posted by AjAnd3rson
Can you guys tell me how to fix the issue where my scoot is struggling mid gear?
Again, the ve tables.

Old 07-25-2011, 07:36 PM
Billyram
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

The map loaded by the dealer on my bike is the 009FZ002-001 as suggested. The bike pings badly with this map. There are no exhaust leaks. I am using premium gas (10% ethanol) and cannot get ethanol free. I am trying to figure out how to look at the spark tables now. Will post that when I figure it out
Now that you're going to be running 10% ethanol make sure your stoichiometric value is set to 14.3. Next pull out your working timing value to one table and the original in the next box. Compare the two for any changes the tuner made. If the working table is advanced much more than the original you may want to change back to the original timing map.
Billy

Old 07-25-2011, 08:08 PM
glmf
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Billyram
Now that you're going to be running 10% ethanol make sure your stoichiometric value is set to 14.3. Next pull out your working timing value to one table and the original in the next box. Compare the two for any changes the tuner made. If the working table is advanced much more than the original you may want to change back to the original timing map.
Billy
That value is set to 14.3 . I have always run the ethanol blend and as delivered this bike pinged worse and ran hotter. As delivered the bike was an absolute pig. My 2000 EG with the 88 would have left this thing in the dust. The dyno tune and install of the SEPST was an attempt by the dealer to reduce the pinging and to try to make me happy. It does run alot better with this map, but is still pinging between 2400-2800rpm. Hotter temps make it worse. But it will do it in any gear in those rpm ranges. Bring the rpms up or down and the pinging goes away.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:59 PM
08egstd
Intermediate

thanks billy i appreciate the advise a tuner is now on my todo list

Old 07-26-2011, 07:52 AM
AjAnd3rson
Tourer

So should I just start over?

Load a new map and do a boat load of auto tune runs?

Should I leave my AFR at 13.3?

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread