Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 07:22 AM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 373 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by 02fx4dude
I get slight popping when I'm up shifting, unless I'm really grandpa'ing it. Could be sloppy shifting. Any hints on how to fix that?
Use your DE table. Try reducing the number first. The bigger the number, the more fuel removed. Your AE & DE tables are used for transitional fueling. The left hand side of your afr or lambda table is "usually" used to deal with popping while decelerating.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:00 AM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Man this thread has been useful. I have finally gotten through the basics and now have a map loaded (although the wrong one) and itsc all starting to make sense.
Can't wait to get the time to load the correct map and start tuning. Thanks for all the help.

Last edited by atrox88; 06-02-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:36 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah this has been fun. The only problem is, I may get a ticket one of these days

Old 06-27-2011, 12:15 PM
kevinb62
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Can anyone tell me what to expect in h.p. and torque gain after the install of the SE tuner on a 2011 ultra 103ci, stage 1 air cleaner, V&H true duals and 4" round slip on's. A friend just had his done and the dyno numbers the dealer gave him really didn't impress me at all.

Last edited by kevinb62; 06-27-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Billyram
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

One thing is you don't have to be in a big hurry to tune your bike. Make a change and drive it for a while and don't be afraid to make changes. " Anything can be changed back if you don't like it." The VCI can hold up to an hour of data so the more riding under differant conditions will load more cells. 15 or 20 mins of varied driving should load a few cells. To load more cells you need to drive at higher throttle positions where you don't normally drive. Be carefull.
Billy

Old 06-27-2011, 06:54 PM
02fx4dude
Road Master
Received 266 Likes on 138 Posts

cool, three different ways to tackle the decel popping... Looks like I'll have plenty to do, and thanks for all the tips. I probably won't get much tuning time until the weekend but will be riding to work all week so I'll be paying attention to how it's running. Thanks for all the suggestion, don't worry , I'll be back.

Originally Posted by Billyram
One thing is you don't have to be in a big hurry to tune your bike. Make a change and drive it for a while and don't be afraid to make changes. " Anything can be changed back if you don't like it." The VCI can hold up to an hour of data so the more riding under differant conditions will load more cells. 15 or 20 mins of varied driving should load a few cells. To load more cells you need to drive at higher throttle positions where you don't normally drive. Be carefull.
Billy
Are you sure it can hold an hour of data? I thought I read somewhere it was max 15 minutes. an hour would be great.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:22 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by 02fx4dude
Are you sure it can hold an hour of data? I thought I read somewhere it was max 15 minutes. an hour would be great.
The book says 15. But I have been able to run a lot longer on a few occasions. I did 2 runs today, went out for about 30min to a buddy's shop. Then stopped the data collecting. Then started it again and came home. When I hooked to the computer it saved 2 data runs.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Guitar4Him
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PistonPuller
The book says 15. But I have been able to run a lot longer on a few occasions. I did 2 runs today, went out for about 30min to a buddy's shop. Then stopped the data collecting. Then started it again and came home. When I hooked to the computer it saved 2 data runs.
What's the trick to being able to record multiple data runs while out? I know you have to press the button when collecting data, before shutting the bike off to avoid losing data. Once you've pressed the button to stop recording, can you shut the bike off and then, later, crank it up and be back in record mode again or do you have to connect a PC back up to it to start recording again?

Old 06-27-2011, 08:39 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Guitar4Him
What's the trick to being able to record multiple data runs while out? I know you have to press the button when collecting data, before shutting the bike off to avoid losing data. Once you've pressed the button to stop recording, can you shut the bike off and then, later, crank it up and be back in record mode again or do you have to connect a PC back up to it to start recording again?
Well I sort of stumbled upon it by accident. What I did was pressed the button before shutting off the bike.Then when I went to leave my buddy's shop I noticed that when I turned on the ignition and put the bike in run that the light was lit on the vci. So I pressed the button and it started blinking. OK I figured we will see. When I got home I stopped the vci again before shutting the bike down, then when I downloaded data it ended up saving 2 recordings

Old 06-27-2011, 09:29 PM
poppavein
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Guitar4Him
Yep, you will be in record mode until you hook it up to the PC again and take it out of that mode.

You can store several data runs while you are out riding; push the button to start recording a new run and push it again to stop. This way you can separate your WFO runs from the 5mph increment runs, for example.

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread