Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Thanks Jamie.. nice of you to help us out here.

The following users liked this post:
M Oclaf (12-13-2021)
Old 02-01-2011, 07:24 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

I was really hoping this thread could stay on topic, this thread is about the SEPST. Maybe a mod can create a thread for the PC products.

Prosten666 (08-21-2024)
Old 02-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
I was really hoping this thread could stay on topic, this thread is about the SEPST. Maybe a mod can create a thread for the PC products.
I invited Jamie to respond to the PV question. He is fully aware of the importance of this SEPro thread and responded properly I think. I appreciate him following up.

Unfortunately just a few days ago Terry, admin, requested that all sticky threads be directed to him. I had considered putting up a PC sticky but where would it stop? I'll speak with Terry to see if I can get his permission.

Note: Jamie has extended experience with the SEPro and has agreed to assist with comments concerning this topic as well.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard; 02-01-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:52 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
I invited Jamie to respond to the PV question. He is fully aware of the importance of this SEPro thread and responded properly I think. I appreciate him following up.

Unfortunately just a few days ago Terry, admin, requested that all sticky threads be directed to him. I had considered putting up a PC sticky but where would it stop? I'll speak with Terry to see if I can get his permission.

Note: Jamie has extended experience with the SEPro and has agreed to assist with comments concerning this topic as well.
Thanks WIZARD, I wasn't referring to Jamies post, I appreciate him taking the time to respond. He wasn't the one bring the PC up. I'm just hoping this thread can stay on topic about SE products. It seams like whenever a SPECIFIC tuner is brought up, aftrer a few post all you hear is "ditch that one and go with this one", and then a bunch of plus 1's after that. Get's kind've old. It would be cool if Terry would stick a PC thread. Then the "big 3" (TTS, SE, and PC's) would be covered. Thenmembers would have all the info they would need to make their decision in one area. Actually, it'd be good to have a thread debating the pro's and con's of all tuners. I'm just thinking it would cut back on the never ended, countless amounts of threads being started about the same thing.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thought this discussion I started when I first used SEPST would be helpful to others if they look at this sticky first.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...mart-tune.html

Ride safe and have fun.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:25 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Grillfish
Thought this discussion I started when I first used SEPST would be helpful to others if they look at this sticky first.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...mart-tune.html

Ride safe and have fun.
Interesting thread. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:00 PM
mang0
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This is my game plan (once the snow finally melts here in Syracuse NY):

A dozen smart tune runs to get the VE tables as accurate as possible with the base map, and then using the closed loop bias tables (set to 680) to enrichen. my thinking is that this adds the fuel the engine needs, but also takes advantage of the sensors in closed loop to adjust for temp variations, humidty, variations in fuels, etc.

last year i ran my bike out of closed loop most cells at 14.1, and some others at 13.0, based on info i picked up throughout the forum. At the end of the year I ran the base map with the CL bias tables skewed to enrichen things and i felt it ran smoother. so i am going to continue to this path with more smart tune data...

M Oclaf (12-13-2021)
Old 02-21-2011, 02:25 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.

Originally Posted by mang0
This is my game plan (once the snow finally melts here in Syracuse NY):

A dozen smart tune runs to get the VE tables as accurate as possible with the base map, and then using the closed loop bias tables (set to 680) to enrichen. my thinking is that this adds the fuel the engine needs, but also takes advantage of the sensors in closed loop to adjust for temp variations, humidty, variations in fuels, etc.

last year i ran my bike out of closed loop most cells at 14.1, and some others at 13.0, based on info i picked up throughout the forum. At the end of the year I ran the base map with the CL bias tables skewed to enrichen things and i felt it ran smoother. so i am going to continue to this path with more smart tune data...
Please be sure to share your experience with us.

M Oclaf (12-13-2021)
Old 02-23-2011, 03:16 PM
tv7son
Cruiser

I have a question for y'all
I'm in the process of tuning my 2011 Limited w/255 cams with the SEST pro.
I keep going round and round and keep coming up with a question and not really sure what the answer is. When the "Enable ST reflash is enabled, the AF chart is mostly set to 14.6 AF ratios. Now after I'm done with modifying the VE tables and reflash the ECM, is the AF table supposed to stay with the current chart( mostly 14.6's) or revert back to the original or a slightly modified version? I have it either way and not too sure what the answer is. I have compaired VE tables and it seems to keep the original numbers except for the ones I chose to change, so the AF's could go either way in my guestimation.

Thanks
SFS

Last edited by tv7son; 02-23-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:52 PM
tgshoe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The AFR's are only set 14.6 to 1 for the smart tune process. After you reflash and don't select enable for reflash the AFR table in the map is used. Some of the cells may be 14.6:1 or they may be something else.

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread