Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2021, 07:29 AM
Junker
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazylegs
I just got a 2021 Roadglide Limited with Harley torque cams and it came with the street tuner. I had a Power Vision with my last bike and used it for years so I have a little knowledge of using these things. I have recorded some tuning runs and applied them to the map but I would like to see the knock events in the data section where it shows all the info on the left side while checking the graph on the right. It shows zero knock events and I know I heard them. The guide says Make Sure Knock Control is Enabled but I don’t see any choice for enable or disable.Thank you in advance.
I know with TTS the knock retard switch is in a parameter called constants. Im sure i have seen it in the powervision but i dont remember where. The 2021 is a different ecm. An older power vision might not be able to see use the correct templates. Maybe someone with more knowledge will help you out.

Old 05-18-2021, 08:40 AM
Crazylegs
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

You’re right the power vision doesn’t work on this ecm. It’s the street tuner I have here and it’s very limited and I can’t find the place where I turn on or off the knock control as mentioned in the guide. Thanks!

Old 05-18-2021, 10:28 AM
Junker
Cruiser

Yeah the stree0t tuner doesn't let you do much of anything.

Old 05-18-2021, 12:06 PM
Crazylegs
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Junker
Yeah the stree0t tuner doesn't let you do much of anything.
I can’t richen the afr and I can’t find out which cells are in the ping zone so I can’t retard the timing...

Old 05-18-2021, 12:57 PM
Junker
Cruiser

I can’t richen the afr and I can’t find out which cells are in the ping zone so I can’t retard the timing...
no you cant really richen them up. But you can see which cell it is in when its detonating. Just look up the map, the rpm and the knock with the cursor on the knock events.

Old 05-18-2021, 07:22 PM
Crazylegs
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Junker
no you cant really richen them up. But you can see which cell it is in when its detonating. Just look up the map, the rpm and the knock with the cursor on the knock events.
I have a few of my data recordings that I brought up on the graph and there is no knock events front or rear but I clearly heard pinging during the recorded runs. In my first post there is a picture of the guide talking about turning the knock control on or off using ecm tuning constants whatever that is. All the other items show as they should on the graph and on the meters when enabled.

Old 05-19-2021, 01:57 PM
Crazylegs
Cruiser

I have a few of my data recordings that I brought up on the graph and there is no knock events front or rear but I clearly heard pinging during the recorded runs. In my first post there is a picture of the guide talking about turning the knock control on or off using ecm tuning constants whatever that is. All the other items show as they should on the graph and on the meters when enabled.
In replying to myself, maybe the se tuner doesn’t see knock events with the new ecm and sensors in the 21’ bikes. I’ll have to ask around.

Old 05-20-2021, 06:55 AM
rigidthumper
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: ArmyVeteran: Navy
Received 6,594 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Can you post the data runs & current map files?

Old 05-20-2021, 08:56 AM
Crazylegs
Cruiser

Here is the last data run. The data runs are limited since I'm just breaking it but I could post images of some of working maps.

Attached Files
File Type: zip
VCI_3120282532_2.zip (1.02 MB, 13 views)
Old 05-22-2021, 03:21 AM
Sandwiz
Club Member
Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Woods 222 Cams upgrade and Pro Super Tuner

Hello!

I have a 2014 Street Glide Special that currently is at Stage one.
I also have the “Screamin Eagle Pro Super Tuner” (the orange cased one) and the software for it at its last version. and just to make note: I also have the current Street tuner software, but don't see a reason to use it

I have purchased the Woods 222 Performance (bolt in) cams kit BUT I am a newbie at the EFI programming AND the selection of maps is very limited, And with all the electronic tuning I am very unsure of things here. I have installed cams in a carburetor bike but never one needing programing via computer

The first of I am sure a number of questions is can I use one of the Stage two maps to get it close enough to ride it out to a Dyno tuner so they can dial it in?
OR, will the (it seems to me) large degree of differences in the cam specs stand a real chance in causing damage, via pre or post detonation or ???.

AND a better answer it seems to me is, Does anyone have a map that is close enough to my setup that will for sure work?

2014 FLHXS 103, SE-Ventilator Air cleaner, Vance & Hinze 2 into 1 Exhaust, Woods 222 cams.

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread