Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 03:04 PM
Junker
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by onebaddad666
so first time on here if I screw it my apologies ,
I have owned and worked on shovels and Evo for the last 35 years but all carbureted skipped the twin cam just did not care for them but this year I thought I would spend my time on the road and not in the garage so I bought a 2020 slim and thought I would leave everything to the dealership and not have to do more than wash it . put my 500 miles on it and really felt there was way more the motor could offer and after some miscommunication and heated arguments with the dealer I ended up doing the upgrades myself . used the screaming eagle tuner (which may have been a mistake ) S&S 475 cam , pushrods , big sucker breather , and Danmoto highwayman exhaust and it is a huge improvement in torque. my problem is with the canned tunes she runs hot now i have bounced around from torque tunes to power tunes to try and do some ve adjustments myself and it either runs hot or hotter . I have compared the specs for my s&s cam to the screaming eagle cams and found the 498 to be the closest so right now I have the stage 3 tune in but to me it still seems to get hot fast. my question to anyone with the VE table knowledge is can I some how adjust the VE tables or bring the timing back to help cool it down and if so on the VE part any and all explanations will be appreciated .
you're pretty much screwed with the black se tuners. They are only EPA compliant and wont let you change much in the very tables. Get a tts master tune. But be warned. If any dealer connects their tech tool to the ecm for any reason. The harley motor company will flag the vin and void the powertrain warranty for being flashed with a non epa approved device. There are some non flash devices but it depends on if you are willing to risk the warranty. Or you can purchase another ecm to do with what you will and swap them if the dealer is needed. But they still might give you a hard time because you dont have se parts.

Old 04-10-2020, 04:01 PM
onebaddad666
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kind of what was afraid of with this so called tuner but I never considered getting a second ecm definitely something to think about since I have a few years before the warranty expires . thanks for the input.

Old 04-10-2020, 04:44 PM
onebaddad666
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so if I did go with a second ecu like a thundermax or any other for that matter would I be able to just plug the oem one right back in with having been disconnected from the system for whatever length of time ?

Old 04-11-2020, 06:41 AM
rigidthumper
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: ArmyVeteran: Navy
Received 6,594 Likes on 1,817 Posts

So if something goes wrong, you're going to put the bike back to stock, switch ECMs, and then take it in for warranty work?
Be easier to cancel the ESP and dedicate that $ to future repairs...

Old 04-12-2020, 08:58 AM
ELo
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Is it possible to put PCV on top of the SERT and remove if needed?

Old 04-12-2020, 11:27 AM
rigidthumper
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: ArmyVeteran: Navy
Received 6,594 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Yes, you can use a Power Commander 5, and remove it whenever you wish.

Old 04-12-2020, 11:42 AM
ELo
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Right on top of the sert to get full benefits of fueling right? Do others do this to keep warranty?

I'm guessing fuel moto would need to know the sert map since its dyno tuned right?

Last edited by ELo; 04-12-2020 at 11:44 AM.
Old 04-12-2020, 03:57 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by ELo
Right on top of the sert to get full benefits of fueling right? Do others do this to keep warranty?

I'm guessing fuel moto would need to know the sert map since its dyno tuned right?
you can use a pcv piggy backed to your ecm or a sert flash but not both at the same time...

Old 04-12-2020, 04:32 PM
jbarr1
Road Master
Received 306 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues
you can use a pcv piggy backed to your ecm or a sert flash but not both at the same time...
Absolutely not true. You can use a pcv on top of a SERT map. You just won’t find a canned map that’ll be close.

Old 04-12-2020, 06:39 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by jbarr1
Absolutely not true. You can use a pcv on top of a SERT map. You just won’t find a canned map that’ll be close.
Well I guess if you could find somebody to write a map for the for the PCV to coincide with the sert map you could do it. Doesn't make too much sense to me and I'm sure there's not many Maps out there made for sert Maps.

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread