Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 12:31 PM
ScottAL
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by modular
Can the end user of the SEPST bump up the rev limiter? I've seen dyno results showing 6250RPM's.
If by SEPST you mean Pro Super Tuner - Yes
If you mean Pro Street Tuner - No, it is not adjustable by the end user but it is raised by the canned map. The amount depends on engine and calibration, stage 3 on 2018 FLHTKSE is set at 6200

Old 05-29-2018, 12:36 PM
ScottAL
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NeedlesMN
That same box is red in my Working VE Rear table with a value of 66.0, and when I update, it stays the same - 66.0. It doesn't turn turquoise and it won't allow me to manually increase the value. This is true of all the values in red on my "Working" VE Rear Table.

Is this a software limitation, in terms of how much I'm allowed to increase the VE Table values, or am I doing something wrong? Any advice would be appreciated!
I assume this is the Street Tuner. Values in red are at their maximum allowable. Green are at minimum allowable.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:13 PM
NeedlesMN
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottAL
I assume this is the Street Tuner. Values in red are at their maximum allowable. Green are at minimum allowable.
Scott, thank you for your reply! I assume if the values are red but the bike is still running too lean, I'll need to change something else to improve performance? For example, replacing the heavy breather with a smaller air intake?

Old 06-16-2018, 11:54 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

Anyone know the procedure of returning the bike back to the stock tune with the SE Pro Street Tuner? I need to flash it back to stock before flashing it with the Power Vision that's on it's way.

Old 06-16-2018, 12:13 PM
rigidthumper
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: ArmyVeteran: Navy
Received 6,595 Likes on 1,817 Posts

The SE products do not have a feature that allows stock map to go back in. If you are doing a PV, it will have no issues with whatever map is in your bike.

Old 06-16-2018, 12:16 PM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

So, the PV does not use the existing tune in the ECM to tune the bike? Is the tune from Fuel Moto it's own entity regardless of what is currently in the ECM?

Old 06-16-2018, 12:26 PM
rigidthumper
Stellar HDF Member

The PV over writes the current info in the ECM with the new map provided by FM. Flash in the map he sent, run a couple autotune sessions, and it should take care of the closed loop area of the map. You can trust the rest is OK, or take it to a tuner to measure/verify all the other sections of the map.

The following users liked this post:
modular (06-16-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 12:30 PM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

And I thank you rigid!

Old 06-16-2018, 01:53 PM
rubberheels
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Default M-8 Softails

I need info on the Street Tuner not the race tuner. The are history! And explain in Laymans terms not everyone is a computer wizard.

Old 06-16-2018, 02:30 PM
rigidthumper
Stellar HDF Member

The Street Tuner is an EPA approved tuning device, designed to be compatible with the SE line of approved performance accessories. When you buy a new bike, you may have a SE kit, a set of SE mufflers, SE air cleaner kit, or cams, etc, and SE Street Tuner installed. The Street Tuner limited by the factory & government regulations to maintain your factory warranty, & meet EPA emissions and is only approved/legal when installed in conjunction with genuine/legal HD/SE accessories. Factory style warranty called "custom coverage" will protect those dealer installed components for two years/unlimited mileage, if you have the accessories installed within 60 days of the initial purchase, and all covered components will be added to the SWR, which is a record of all approved dealer installed at time of purchase ( first 60 days).
HTH

Last edited by rigidthumper; 06-16-2018 at 02:32 PM.

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread