Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 06:36 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

I suspect you have a similar issue I had, except you need to borrow another computer to find out. I only knew about my issue because I had another puter to try.

you can uninstall/reinstall the SE tuner software. Be sure to have you tune file saved so it does not get lost. I think it is a usb communication issue at this point. other than that I have nothing.

The following users liked this post:
Timppa (03-03-2018)
Old 02-04-2017, 06:41 PM
Oz Nightrain
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks mate, I suspect you're right! Tried to uninstall and reinstall without luck. Might have to see if I can borrow a computer. Thanks again, I really appreciate your help!!

Old 02-04-2017, 11:59 PM
Oz Nightrain
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Just to satisfy my own curiosity I installed an older version of the software and had the same issue! So it looks like a new laptop is in my future!!

Old 02-24-2017, 07:01 PM
blackscootersociety
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

In lieu of the recent nice weather here in PA and my need to finish tuning my touring bike I've decided I liked the idea I read on here awhile back of running the software with a tablet. I'm looking for suggestions, I'm no computer know it all. Just need to know what I'm looking for. I don't need a badass one, but not soo small I have trouble navigating it. I'll prolly really only use it for this purpose, maybe once in awhile for other things. But this is about all I use my laptop for anymore too, soo.
I've never had a tablet before short of my phone (I guess they are kind of like tablets??) but I was at walmart the other day and ended up in the electronics, saw a couple that were super affordable. Like 100 bucks or so. They also had several others that were each about 100 more than the last. I don't think I'd be purchasing from walmart, but still...
I'm also looking for suggestions on a mount. Or a bag where I can still see the thing. I have space inbetween my bars in front of the radio on my street glide and I also have the empty mirror mount holes to use.

Looking at something like this... looks like it has a USB and stuff, and its cheap!
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by blackscootersociety; 02-24-2017 at 07:19 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:34 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,991 Likes on 1,693 Posts

Originally Posted by blackscootersociety
In lieu of the recent nice weather here in PA and my need to finish tuning my touring bike I've decided I liked the idea I read on here awhile back of running the software with a tablet. I'm looking for suggestions, I'm no computer know it all. Just need to know what I'm looking for. I don't need a badass one, but not soo small I have trouble navigating it. I'll prolly really only use it for this purpose, maybe once in awhile for other things. But this is about all I use my laptop for anymore too, soo.
I've never had a tablet before short of my phone (I guess they are kind of like tablets??) but I was at walmart the other day and ended up in the electronics, saw a couple that were super affordable. Like 100 bucks or so. They also had several others that were each about 100 more than the last. I don't think I'd be purchasing from walmart, but still...
I'm also looking for suggestions on a mount. Or a bag where I can still see the thing. I have space inbetween my bars in front of the radio on my street glide and I also have the empty mirror mount holes to use.

Looking at something like this... looks like it has a USB and stuff, and its cheap!
https://www.amazon.com/Alldaymall-19...=64+bit+tablet
That tablet will NOT WORK.

SEPST software requires Windows, and that's an Android tablet.

Old 03-17-2017, 06:21 PM
Stopit
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,044 Likes on 551 Posts

In case you may not have heard the Screaming Eagle Race Tuner ( SERT ) is discontinued , old news for most of us.

What you may not of heard is the original software has been modified by the MoCo and no longer has the tuning range it originally did. Whats this mean ?

Well lets say you have a 2012 model with the SERT tuner you paid a premium to get for the extra performance , you put pipes on and a stage 1 air cleaner had your dealer dyno tune it.

Now you decided you want the big bore kit or maybe some cams or you want to change head pipes , you have your dealer or you install this for you and of course dyno tune it . . . . . unknown to you that just turned your SERT tuner into a street tuner with limited tuning abilities. So how did that happen ?

The dealers dyno PC's run on the MoCo network where the tuner software is located. The old software has been updated to the new EPA requirements or limits more accurately, effectively eliminating the SERT's full capability's, I believe once they start a new tuning session your current tune is cleared and a new one is loaded , the teeth are pulled from your SERT tuner, and it now will only perform as well as the street tuner. There have been some work around's discovered here and there but the MoCo keeps updating the software to close these off.

So this brings me to those of you who may have the old software on your PC , down load it on a flash drive and do NOT do the update , stay off the internet when using it to avoid an automatic update , shut off your wifi pull your Ethernet cable run it stand alone. This software may be like gold soon.

Old 03-17-2017, 07:27 PM
rednred
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

No sure this will even be possible. Earlier this week I opened software, was prompted for available upgrade, declined and software informed tuning was disabled until I did the upgrade. I finally did the upgrade and seemed to be able to do everything as before. Did smart tune etc.

New version forced onto me was 10.0002 which claimed to be model year 2017 update including SE pro super tuner software version 10.0002 and vci software version 414.

Also, given how software updates not sure how to keep old version -- it does the update "on the fly" -- didn't see option of saving an installation file ?? Will try without wifi connection from now on ... Hopefully it won't disable anything again ... Which suggests question ... is the version I have already 'watered down in some way that is not visible to user?

Originally Posted by Stopit
In case you may not have heard the Screaming Eagle Race Tuner ( SERT ) is discontinued , old news for most of us.

What you may not of heard is the original software has been modified by the MoCo and no longer has the tuning range it originally did. Whats this mean ?

Well lets say you have a 2012 model with the SERT tuner you paid a premium to get for the extra performance , you put pipes on and a stage 1 air cleaner had your dealer dyno tune it.

Now you decided you want the big bore kit or maybe some cams or you want to change head pipes , you have your dealer or you install this for you and of course dyno tune it . . . . . unknown to you that just turned your SERT tuner into a street tuner with limited tuning abilities. So how did that happen ?

The dealers dyno PC's run on the MoCo network where the tuner software is located. The old software has been updated to the new EPA requirements or limits more accurately, effectively eliminating the SERT's full capability's, I believe once they start a new tuning session your current tune is cleared and a new one is loaded , the teeth are pulled from your SERT tuner, and it now will only perform as well as the street tuner. There have been some work around's discovered here and there but the MoCo keeps updating the software to close these off.

So this brings me to those of you who may have the old software on your PC , down load it on a flash drive and do NOT do the update , stay off the internet when using it to avoid an automatic update , shut off your wifi pull your Ethernet cable run it stand alone. This software may be like gold soon.

Last edited by rednred; 03-17-2017 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:22 PM
paud
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No offense...but awaiting proof.

Old 03-21-2017, 05:57 AM
Gamma742
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by rednred
No sure this will even be possible. Earlier this week I opened software, was prompted for available upgrade, declined and software informed tuning was disabled until I did the upgrade. I finally did the upgrade and seemed to be able to do everything as before. Did smart tune etc.

New version forced onto me was 10.0002 which claimed to be model year 2017 update including SE pro super tuner software version 10.0002 and vci software version 414.

Also, given how software updates not sure how to keep old version -- it does the update "on the fly" -- didn't see option of saving an installation file ?? Will try without wifi connection from now on ... Hopefully it won't disable anything again ... Which suggests question ... is the version I have already 'watered down in some way that is not visible to user?
Are you telling us that you have MAPs for the 2017?

If you don't mind, would you check for a Stage 1 with High Performance Exhaust for my 2017 Road King?

Old 03-21-2017, 10:08 AM
ScottAL
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the description for the stage 1 map for the 2017 FLHR in the Super Tuner software :

723SHT211.dt0
Application: 2017 Touring

Configuration: Milwaukee-Eight™ 107 Stage 1

Components:

- SE Air Cleaner

- SE Exhaust

I just let the update go through, no changes to functionality, all tables still fully editable just like before. So no, they haven't neutered the pro super tuner.

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread