Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 09:32 PM
blackscootersociety
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Cowmobiler
Hey guys I have a '10 street glide was wondering if anyone had a sepst map for a fuel moto 107 with their level b and woods 777 cams just need something until I get the motor broke in and can get it on a dyno any help would be greatly appreciated

Thx
I think the SE 259's have close specs to the 777's (I may be wrong). If so, look for a 110" map with 259 cam, run the VE's and try it out.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:17 PM
Cowmobiler
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blackscootersociety
I think the SE 259's have close specs to the 777's (I may be wrong). If so, look for a 110" map with 259 cam, run the VE's and try it out.
I considered that and is probably the route I'll go if I don't find anything else

Old 01-16-2017, 10:38 PM
blackscootersociety
Cruiser

I considered that and is probably the route I'll go if I don't find anything else
it should get you by until you get to a dyno

Old 01-17-2017, 05:40 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Hey guys I have a '10 street glide was wondering if anyone had a sepst map for a fuel moto 107 with their level b and woods 777 cams just need something until I get the motor broke in and can get it on a dyno any help would be greatly appreciated

Thx
Why not straight to the dyno where it can be monitored and adjustments made before damage is done. I've always gone right from the lift to the dyno, the whole break in map and ride it 500 or 1000 miles is not the way to treat a new build.

Old 01-17-2017, 11:13 AM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 619 Likes on 426 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
Why not straight to the dyno where it can be monitored and adjustments made before damage is done. I've always gone right from the lift to the dyno, the whole break in map and ride it 500 or 1000 miles is not the way to treat a new build.
I can't emphasize this enough. I've seen so many builds ruined due to improper breakin from incorrect fueling and timing from a "canned map" that seemed close enough by looking at it.
That does not work. IMO, every new EFI build should be broken in and tuned on a dyno BEFORE taking it out onto the roadway where the rider just deals with poor rideability in order to put miles on the bike thinking he/she is doing breakin according to old-school, carb bike breakin.
No advantage to putting hundreds of miles on a new, poorly tuned build.
Much better to pick up the bike and experience excellent rideability, response, power, and mileage right out of the gate?

Bob

The following users liked this post:
msocko3 (01-18-2017)
Old 01-17-2017, 04:41 PM
blackscootersociety
Cruiser

You guys are 100% right. I should've clarified. IF he just got it put together, and wants to get it running, the type of maps I suggested are a decent choice. I don't see why taking a look at the maps and making sure they aren't on the edge, and backing off the timing a few degrees would hurt to run it some and "break it in" before it hits the dyno. Also, I don't agree with running the nuts off a fresh build for a little while. Which means you shouldn't reach the far corners of the map anyway. Go conservative at the start so you don't damage it.

Everybody breaks in different. Some guys wait forever and limit their RPM's like the manuals say, some guys break it in like its going to be ridden. Every time I've read about it, it turns into an opinion war. I dunno. I let my stuff go through a number of heat cycles with light cruising around the neighborhood. But... Im also constantly listening, looking (at plugs), feeling for crazy heat, that kinda stuff. I even do that with motors I do in the trucks at work. And I know they're running lean EPA freindly maps. LOL

I guess my suggestion would be to work closely with FM, and your tuner and go with whatever they suggest.

Cowmobiler, where ya getting it dialed in?

Old 01-30-2017, 09:33 AM
MarkBorg
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The EFI super tuner kit 32109-08c is on eBay new. Will this work on the new m8's??

Old 01-30-2017, 09:58 AM
Gamma742
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I was wondering the same but I doubt it. I have the newest Street Tuner.

The Super Tuner won't have any MAPs for the M-8 because of the EPA lawsuit.

I doubt it will recognize the ECM as it shouldn't be in the database.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:06 AM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkBorg
The EFI super tuner kit 32109-08c is on eBay new. Will this work on the new m8's??
since new VCI is no longer sold I will say that yes it will work. There is m8 tunes available which you can see and download without the VCI as has been said many times before. There are stage 2 tune files for m8. That said, I have no idea how much or little changes can be made. This is version 10.001, now they want to uninstall this and load 10.002. so they are still supporting the tuner.

Old 02-04-2017, 02:08 AM
Oz Nightrain
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Trend Micro Problem.

Hey Guys,
Just wondering if any of you are using Trend Micro Internet Security? The issue I'm having is that anytime I have to update the SEPST software Trend Micro blocks it, even when I give admin permission I have to uninstall TM, update the software and then reinstall TM. No problems running the software it just won't allow updates. Does anyone have a work around for this? The other part of my question is, it seems the updates are only to add new maps for '17 models, which I don't need. So do I just skip the updates? Or is that a bad idea?

Thanks,
Matt.

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread