Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 05:01 PM
hawnstar2
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jluvs2ride
I would like to start a new HD Tuner information thread.

This is to be a thread for the exchange of information concerning the HD tuners. I would like to focus on the SESPT (SEPro) since it is the current generation product and limit discussion on the Street Tuner (SEStreet) since it only allows the dealer to upload street legal calibrations and does not permit DIY tuning.

I would prefer that this become a knowledge base for SEPST users and not a debate about what tuning product is better. Ideally posts would contain user tips, questions on using the tuner and various features, user experiences both successes and failures, etc. perhaps even some tutorial type stuff.

I have been tuning carbureted bikes since I was a teenager. So I have a grasp of the basics. But fast Forward to 2008 and my new EFI Fat Bob. I decided after some research that I wanted a tuner that would allow me to reprogram the ECM and not just an add on. So I purchased the SEPST, Cable Kit, and Software from Zannotti’s and got a great deal.

I soon realized that most of the discussion concerning tuning revolved around the VE tables. Before Smart Tune was added as a feature I would set my AFR table to 14.6 across the board and ride and record data. I would manually adjust the VE table to bring it closer in line with what I was observing from the recorded data. This seemed to be working well, and then I upgraded the Software and was able to Smart Tune. IMHO the bike runs great. Now I am tweaking the timing. My plan is to develop ignition timing tables based on a high degree of advance and compare them on a dyno to the base tables.

Anyone care to share?
Hi All,
I have a 05 Electraglide Classic, upgraded to a 95 big bore kit, flat top pistons, Andrews geardrive cam with a 26g cam, SE free breathing K+N filter, true duals with Screaming Eagle Slip Ons for off road use. I Purchased a sert tuner in 05, I have a canned Map for the stage 2 with some afr tweeks and some enleanment tweeks. Ive since changed computers since my Vaio Died. Using a Mac now. Trying to tune my bike ten years later using my wifes pc laptop. I had printed material of my maps I made, Ican no longer find them. I know that thats not the current tuner that is being talked about but that what I have to work with. I think I can do the afr part, but the enleanment part is confusing me again. I think it needs more fuel for decel to eliminate popping. I remember I had a lot of popping.
Any Help would be appreciated.

Old 08-27-2016, 02:05 PM
Kevinch
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Default 10.0000.005 Update

Just as an FYI: I downloaded the Pro Super Tuner software last week, after news of the EPA suit & fine. I've had the SEPST since 2014 when I bought my Limited; my dealer did the Stage 1 tune after installation of the SE mufflers & AC. I never downloaded the software.

Anyway, I installed the software, opened it, & it immediately told me an update was available. I allowed the update to 9. something; I can't remember the exact version.

Yesterday, I opened the software & it advised a new update was available. I tried to update, but my AV program repeatedly blocked the software & also stripped & deleted files within the update. I thought I would give it another shot today. This time, once the installer window opened I closed the software. The update then loaded, but it completely uninstalled the 9 version that was originally installed. I can't be sure since I only played with it a day or 2, but it's possible the interface looks a little different too. This version has MY17 maps added to the database, which surprised me as I thought there would not be SEPST support for the MY17 engines. There is no Version History as I believe there might have been previously?

Old 08-27-2016, 06:00 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,991 Likes on 1,693 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevinch
...This version has MY17 maps added to the database, which surprised me as I thought there would not be SEPST support for the MY17 engines. There is no Version History as I believe there might have been previously?
The SEPST has nothing directly to do with the newly available maps. There are indeed 2017 maps. They are all EPA compliant. The SEPST simply loads those EPA compliant maps to your bike. The SEPST is no longer capable of modifying those 2017 maps.

If you buy a 2017 bike, and then put SE air cleaner and exhaust system on it, you can put the new map in so that the bike will run correctly with your new accessories. By "correctly" I mean "EPA compliant".

And, to be clear, to 99% of "traditional" Harley customers, they couldn't care less whether or not the bike is EPA compliant, as long as it has more power than stock, and sounds "better" than stock.

Old 08-27-2016, 06:49 PM
Sierra977
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,988 Likes on 2,065 Posts

I refuse the update from 9.002.0001 to 10. Leave my tuner software and tune files alone.

Old 08-27-2016, 09:14 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Originally Posted by Sierra977
I refuse the update from 9.002.0001 to 10. Leave my tuner software and tune files alone.
I just put in my SEPST serial number and successfully downloaded the software to another laptop that I have. Just as a backup.

But, I'm scared shitless to actually hook it up to the VCI and my bike, because I'm afraid the MOCO is going to brick my VCI, and I'll be $450 down the crapper.

Although, after talking to a local parts manager that I'm comfortable will tell me the truth, he said that the EPA has no intention of going after us end users, and the software will still be on the web site, as long as you have a VCI serial number.

We shall see.

Old 08-27-2016, 09:16 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

does someone actually have 11111111111 as a serial number? many of us have been doing all 1's since the intro of the web download.

Old 08-27-2016, 09:18 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

That has always been the "dummy" serial number. It allows you to download the software so that you can look at it and play with it along with the tutorial, but you still can't do anything without a VCI.

Old 08-27-2016, 09:19 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member

er...bs. been tuning with it for years

Old 08-27-2016, 09:21 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Originally Posted by 1Canuck
er...bs. been tuning with it for years
What? Did you read what I said?

You're connecting your laptop with the software directly to your ECM without an orange SEPST Vehicle Control Interface?

Old 08-27-2016, 09:25 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
That has always been the "dummy" serial number. It allows you to download the software so that you can look at it and play with it along with the tutorial, but you still can't do anything without a VCI.
I think I read you say that you need the bike serial number to be able to tune with the download, I am here to say that 11111111111 is all you need and you can tune via the orange dongle as if you told them your serial number. Is that clearer. you do not need to use your serial to get the software and use it to flash a tune, to do smart tunes etc.

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread