Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 07:49 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by MidMO
Hello, I am hoping someone here can assist me with a starting map suggestion. I have a 2012 FLHTK and just installed the SE high-floe exhaust and the SE ventilator air cleaner. I have the SE Street Performance Tuner and found out after connecting everything and making sure all updates took that HD does not supply a standard map for stage 1 with high flow exhaust. Is there a similar map I could use as a street-able starting point?
This SE Pro Super Tuner cal will get you close if you can use it. I don't know anything about that street tuner product.

It's a Dyno tuned map for my 2012 FLHTK when I bought it. Dealer had installed D&D fatcat, Ventilator and tuned it.

Old 03-23-2016, 08:12 AM
jimclaypool
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello, I am hoping someone here can assist me with a starting map suggestion. I have a 2012 FLHTK and just installed the SE high-floe exhaust and the SE ventilator air cleaner. I have the SE Street Performance Tuner and found out after connecting everything and making sure all updates took that HD does not supply a standard map for stage 1 with high flow exhaust. Is there a similar map I could use as a street-able starting point?
I use B34463-11A on my 2012 FLHTK. I think the SE air cleaner is what makes the big difference in air flow. Do the Smart Tune runs and that should fine tune your VEs for any difference in the exhaust.

Old 03-23-2016, 11:13 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

The SE street performance tuner will only allow you to install EPA compliant calibrations and you cannot edit them. You would be better of using the SE pro super tuner. In short, you got the wrong one.

Old 03-23-2016, 11:41 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,991 Likes on 1,693 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
The SE street performance tuner will only allow you to install EPA compliant calibrations and you cannot edit them. You would be better of using the SE pro super tuner. In short, you got the wrong one.
That is exactly my understanding. I've used the SEPST exclusively.

However, I do have a question. The SE catalog writeup on the street tuner (Page 72 in the 2016 SE catalog) goes into detail regarding its "Smart Tune Live" capabilities, including data capture, interpolation to fill in missing data points, editing spark advance, editing VE tables, etc.. I was NOT aware that you can edit anything using the street tuner, much less directly edit VE tables.

Can you do a smart tune with the street tuner???

Old 03-23-2016, 12:18 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
That is exactly my understanding. I've used the SEPST exclusively.

However, I do have a question. The SE catalog writeup on the street tuner (Page 72 in the 2016 SE catalog) goes into detail regarding its "Smart Tune Live" capabilities, including data capture, interpolation to fill in missing data points, editing spark advance, editing VE tables, etc.. I was NOT aware that you can edit anything using the street tuner, much less directly edit VE tables.

Can you do a smart tune with the street tuner???
I should clarify, it is my understanding that they can not be changed inside of the cruising ranges I've never used the street tuner version but when it came out I researched it, from my understanding the Street Tuner was developed for sale in California, the EPA restricts the cruising ranges of the vehicles. Outside of the cruising ranges are not tested or mandated so maybe the Street Tuner allows the user to make adjustments outside of the EPA compliant area.

Old 03-23-2016, 12:22 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

I should clarify, it is my understanding that they can not be changed inside of the cruising ranges I've never used the street tuner version but when it came out I researched it, from my understanding the Street Tuner was developed for sale in California, the EPA restricts the cruising ranges of the vehicles. Outside of the cruising ranges are not tested or mandated so maybe the Street Tuner allows the user to make adjustments outside of the EPA compliant area.

I also think it's a sales gimmick for HD in respect to instead of charging the customer for a stage 1 download and the customer not seeing the widget they paid for, other than on a bill somewhere, hey let's give them a little orange box to put in their hands and call it a stage1 device and limit it's functionality to only being able to install maps we create for it that are EPA compliant and cannot be adjusted.

Old 03-23-2016, 12:23 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Maybe that's their catch. I know it has no non-EPA maps available.

My local H-D tech, tuner and motor builder (210 bhp Evo), literally has screaming fits when anybody even mentions the street tuner. He says it's a pos.

Old 03-23-2016, 01:41 PM
jimclaypool
Tourer

You can edit ALL VE values for the front and rear cylinders, but nothing else on the SE Street Performance tuner. Smart Tune works too. It also increase the Rev limit. You can't change anything else. It has done a fine job for me with just Stage 1 (SE Heavy Breather and SE FatShotz slip ons).

The following users liked this post:
ekb55 (07-26-2017)
Old 03-23-2016, 01:47 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Originally Posted by jimclaypool
You can edit ALL VE values for the front and rear cylinders, but nothing else on the SE Street Performance tuner.....It also increase the Rev limit. You can't change anything else....
You can also edit spark advance and throttle progressivity, but you cannot change the rev limit.

Old 03-23-2016, 01:59 PM
jimclaypool
Tourer

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
You can also edit spark advance and throttle progressivity, but you cannot change the rev limit.
Interesting!! I just opened my Street Tuner to check and I cannot change anything on the spark advance or throttle progressivity tables. Only the front and rear VE tables. On the rev limit it increases the rev limit 6400 rpm from stock. You cannot change it from there to any other rpm.

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread