Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 10:46 AM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam D.
I was having a rattling (like a ping) sound when pulling away from stops when fully hot now that the outside temps are up in upper 80's ... Lowered my AF setting to 10% Ethanol Grade Gas and it stopped it.
For how long was the flash at pure gas in the bike and now for how long has the 10% corn flash been in the bike.

You did a new flash is the point with perhaps the AFV box checked? sometimes that is all that is needed to make the bike run as good as the first time it was flashed. I think the new flash removed the learned value but it may well return in time. IMHO, ready to be corrected

you have a lambda based AF where the AF can be viewed as fuel ratio (14.6 to 1). when you change to 10% the display in this mode changes but the Lambda value remains the same. Lambda numbers are same for different gas. This has been discussed previously.

Old 07-19-2015, 07:09 PM
Sam D.
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Canuck
For how long was the flash at pure gas in the bike and now for how long has the 10% corn flash been in the bike.

You did a new flash is the point with perhaps the AFV box checked? sometimes that is all that is needed to make the bike run as good as the first time it was flashed. I think the new flash removed the learned value but it may well return in time. IMHO, ready to be corrected

you have a lambda based AF where the AF can be viewed as fuel ratio (14.6 to 1). when you change to 10% the display in this mode changes but the Lambda value remains the same. Lambda numbers are same for different gas. This has been discussed previously.
The previous Flash had been in for about 2500 miles before lowering the AF setting to 10% Ethanol... Did the reflash the other day and just took a 450 miles trip this weekend... bike ran ok, but MPG went down from 44-45mpg to 38-39mpg...

Old 07-19-2015, 07:33 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member

The previous Flash had been in for about 2500 miles before lowering the AF setting to 10% Ethanol... Did the reflash the other day and just took a 450 miles trip this weekend... bike ran ok, but MPG went down from 44-45mpg to 38-39mpg...
MPG is affected by many things. I still say changing the AFR scale to 10% did not change anything, but re flashing that change with the reset AFV box checked will make a difference.
check for yourself, change the AFR table to lambda and make note of some cells, then switch to pure gas, back to lambda and check the same cells. The lambda should not change whether the other view table is in 10% or pure gas readout

Old 07-20-2015, 03:21 PM
Sam D.
Road Master

MPG is affected by many things. I still say changing the AFR scale to 10% did not change anything, but re flashing that change with the reset AFV box checked will make a difference.
check for yourself, change the AFR table to lambda and make note of some cells, then switch to pure gas, back to lambda and check the same cells. The lambda should not change whether the other view table is in 10% or pure gas readout

Ok,,, so when you lower the Fuel Setting to 10% Ethanol or 26% Ethanol the Lambda values stay the same... Why is that? but the AFR scale does change...

BTW: Not only the MPG went down, but my tips were also covered with rich exhaust and they weren't before I left for my weekend trip.

Last edited by Sam D.; 07-20-2015 at 06:11 PM.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:00 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member

Ok,,, so when you lower the Fuel Setting to 10% Ethanol or 26% Ethanol the Lambda values stay the same... Why is that? but the AFR scale does change...

BTW: Not only the MPG went down, but my tips were also covered with rich exhaust and they weren't before I left for my weekend trip.
something called stoich. that is a perfect burn pure gas is 14.6 some say 14.7 to 1. with corn 10% it is not 14.7 but lower (don't ask me).

Lambda just automatically says 100% is stoich, I don't care what fuel you are, I will adjust internally. OK, so the computer does not talk like that, but that is what happens behind the scene. you may buy from the premium pump, but if they filled it with regular the computer will adjust with lambda scale.

seems you were burning too much fuel, the why eludes me. try flashing the previous one before you flashed with 10%. clean off the soot, ride and see if it comes back. do not know what else may be at play.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:36 AM
Sam D.
Road Master

seems you were burning too much fuel, the why eludes me. try flashing the previous one before you flashed with 10%. clean off the soot, ride and see if it comes back. do not know what else may be at play.

That is what I did yesterday, cleaned off the tips & reflashed back to Pure Gas... we'll see if they just get a slight residue like before after another 2500 miles.
Your other comments I understand now as to the behind the scenes Stoich...

Old 07-23-2015, 06:49 AM
Jdharley78
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help please

Ok I know when I'm test driving my bike in smart tune mode I can pause the record and start it again as many times as I want with in reason however I need to know if I can start a record and then pause it and shut off my bike for a while and then come back and warm it up and start it again or do I need to hook it up after a **** off the bike and start fresh again

Old 07-23-2015, 09:38 AM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jdharley78
Ok I know when I'm test driving my bike in smart tune mode I can pause the record and start it again as many times as I want with in reason however I need to know if I can start a record and then pause it and shut off my bike for a while and then come back and warm it up and start it again or do I need to hook it up after a **** off the bike and start fresh again
yes, as long as you stop the recording before shutting off the bike and up to the limit it can record in total which is 15-60 minutes depending on who you talk to. personally have recorded 60 minutes.

Old 07-24-2015, 04:44 PM
Donk kinney
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am getting good with my screaming Eagle super tuner I was just wondering how to adjust my timing to be more Advance to help with my deceleration popping and cracking. On another note the supertuner is really easy to use once you you understand the program it looks a lot harder than actually is

Old 07-24-2015, 08:29 PM
Jdharley78
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Donk kinney
I am getting good with my screaming Eagle super tuner I was just wondering how to adjust my timing to be more Advance to help with my deceleration popping and cracking. On another note the supertuner is really easy to use once you you understand the program it looks a lot harder than actually is
Isn't this done with the deceleration tree/ chat? I believe that the higher the number the more fuel is removed however it could be the other way around

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread