Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 07:51 PM
tgshoe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
I doubt it is timing It is more than likely fuel related. Try this. Set your bike up to record, go on a ride and after it starts vibrating, pull in the clutch and rev it up once real quick. Then when you go back to review your recording you can look for the spike in the RPM's and you'll know that right before that was where the vibration occured. Then you can see RPM range, load and thrtlle position, etc. and see if we can pin point a problem.
What i did was take the 3000 and 3500 RPM rows to 14.6:1 from the 30 kPa to 70 kPa columns. It seems to have solved the vibration for the most part. It may still be there slightly if you really get critical. I richened the closed loop bias table by 20mv to richen the entire cruising range a little. If this won't hurt anything I think I will leave it for now. I am just curiuos why I can't richen my mixture beyond this without getting a vibration. This is in no way really rich. I am a little baffeled. What do you guys think?

Old 05-07-2011, 04:56 AM
neverhme
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jluvs2ride
What did you base the changes on?
my base map was way lean. I built my map so I'm 13.8 down to 12.6 on top.I have found that if you tune with just the afr's the bike will run kinda raspy, mileage will be ok. I then move my afr's up about .4, and then go into the v/e's and raise them in the 30 - 60 percent of throttle areas where under load 11-12 afr is ideal. this is all off seat of the pants, and what has worked well for me in the past.these are not dyno afr's just a theoretical, off the s/e map.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:54 AM
paud
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just for reference, the AFR map I posted way back was the result of dyno at dealership.
The VE tables are changed from the recommended starter MAP for my bike too. But it seems nothing else changed. All the other numbers are the same as the recommended starter Smart Tune map for my bike.
Oh..I have a 2010 Fat Boy Lo

Last edited by paud; 05-07-2011 at 10:54 AM. Reason: added bike
Old 05-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by paud
Just for reference, the AFR map I posted way back was the result of dyno at dealership.
The VE tables are changed from the recommended starter MAP for my bike too. But it seems nothing else changed. All the other numbers are the same as the recommended starter Smart Tune map for my bike.
By the sound of it their 'tune' consisted of installing the new map to match the hardware and then running SmartTune.

Old 05-07-2011, 04:28 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by paud
What dealership did your initial tune? Was it Las Veas HD?

Old 05-07-2011, 05:51 PM
paud
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
What dealership did your initial tune? Was it Las Veas HD?
Yes.
When I got the cables, all I did was download the MAP. From there I compared it to the same MAP code. Dearler code added a 1. Their code: 176AE106-001
I compared it to 176AE106.dt0
I did have them upload a stage 1 map awhile back( i know...waste of money as I look at it now..)
But for now, I have not uploaded nor flashed anything.
Oh, and they added +3 to to spark advance in both front and rear cyl. almost across the board!
They did not change the 3500 and 4000 RPM/50MAP area.
Yes, my torque and HP went up but not by much. HP increased by 1.75 and Torque up by .53

Last edited by paud; 05-08-2011 at 01:58 PM. Reason: spark info
Old 05-08-2011, 11:55 AM
DiselDevilDog
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile Just downloaded Program

We just installed a set of HQ-0034 cams in my 09 TriGlide (same cam as the HQ-500). So we hooked up the super tuner and loaded Program 009SAT.001. Have 100 miles on it and she runs very well. A lot more torque and the idle rumble is very cool. No popping on Decel and when you nail it at 2500, she pulls all the way up to 6000...a lot more hp than before. I'm really happy. We didn't have to fine tune her....but maybe later this summer, if I can find a shop with a trike dyno, I want to bring it up there to get it "tweeked in".

Diesel

Old 05-09-2011, 11:43 AM
jdeghetto
Stage IV
Default CVO tuning

I have a 2008 CVO Road King with a 110 motor. The dealer installed a BUB TDX exhaust, Heavy Breather air cleaner, 58 mm throttle body and highflow fuel injectors and race tuner all Harley screamin' eagle parts. The bike came out great and works perfectly! I just bought a new 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra and I am trying to do the same upgrades also upgraded to the new supertuner pro. The dealer is telling me they cannot get the bike to run (will not idle so they can't get it on the dyno to tune it) and want to scrap the throttle body and fuel injectors. Has anyone tried this on a new 2011 110 motor? Why would it not work on the 2011 but worked fine on the 2008? Any recommendations? Thanks.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Greg French
Stage II
Default Super Tuner Pro flash messages

I have been trying to flash my ecm but I have been getting some messages. 1) The tuning file you are using may not be intended for the motorcycle you are about to program. Are you sure you want to continue?
That would be a yes. Then 2) marry VCI to ECM. VCI failed please try again.
The info displayed before flashing is: VIN: BLANK_VIN, ECM Pt# 32772-01, EFI Race tuned NO, calibration ID 32831-01, software level 074, VCI ver. 303. The software ver. is 4.004.0002
I had the ECM flashed once by the dealership when I had the stage I kit installed. But now I have had it bored to 95 and installed woods cams. I've been trying to use the 105EV100 map. My bike is a 2002 FLSTS. I have a good friend who has done flashing before and he hasn't seen anything like this. So does any body have an idea whats going on?

Old 05-09-2011, 06:06 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg French
I have been trying to flash my ecm but I have been getting some messages. 1) The tuning file you are using may not be intended for the motorcycle you are about to program. Are you sure you want to continue?
That would be a yes. Then 2) marry VCI to ECM. VCI failed please try again.
The info displayed before flashing is: VIN: BLANK_VIN, ECM Pt# 32772-01, EFI Race tuned NO, calibration ID 32831-01, software level 074, VCI ver. 303. The software ver. is 4.004.0002
I had the ECM flashed once by the dealership when I had the stage I kit installed. But now I have had it bored to 95 and installed woods cams. I've been trying to use the 105EV100 map. My bike is a 2002 FLSTS. I have a good friend who has done flashing before and he hasn't seen anything like this. So does any body have an idea whats going on?
VIN Blank = bad news. Your ECM has somehow lost your bikes information. You HAVE to take it to the dealer and have the stock MAP re-installed. The good news is it's a free download from HD, your dealer will probably charge you a minmum charge or a half hour labor. The bad news is that your ECM could be fried. Which meand buying a new one and having it flashed at the dealer. I had one just last week that did the same thing. Retail on a new ECM is about $430 bucks. FYI. Did you accidentlt unhook the cable whie the MAP was loading?If mot i'm guessing that your bike is an '03 or so? The early Delphi systems were slower and they have been known to loose the VIN on them. I usually run into 1 or 2 a year that heen to be dealer re-flashed.

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread