Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 11:30 AM
98acrsilver
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how come when you pull up the stage1 map for 12-15 dyna 1690cc "357sdq001"

the default is too have the temp managment and the ACR turnd off? wouldnt they want that stuff on right away?

Old 06-10-2015, 05:50 AM
Mr_Taipan
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Hi Guys

My bike is a 2013 883 Iron, with short shots and SE stage 1 air cleaner. It came with a SEPST and I had to buy the leads and I downloaded the free software from the HD pages.

I've jetted quite a few bikes over the years but EFi is all new to me. I've sat through the HD tutorials and have gained soem understadning of what is what etc. I'm far from well versed with this though. Generally speaking I learn from being shown rather than reading about it.

Anyway, enough background, I'm only about 14 pages into the thread and will read it all, but I got impatient and had to plug the VCi in. It need updating, which I did and eventually I found out what map its running (see below).

So that's where i'm at, but what I couldn't work out is has the bike just had that map downloaded and that's it? Is there a way I can see if any further smart tuning has been carried out?

Haven't read enough to feel confident to do any recording, or do I know how, and make any adjustments just yet, but will continue reading the thread...

Old 06-10-2015, 06:52 AM
Sam D.
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr_Taipan
Hi Guys

My bike is a 2013 883 Iron, with short shots and SE stage 1 air cleaner. It came with a SEPST and I had to buy the leads and I downloaded the free software from the HD pages.

I've jetted quite a few bikes over the years but EFi is all new to me. I've sat through the HD tutorials and have gained soem understadning of what is what etc. I'm far from well versed with this though. Generally speaking I learn from being shown rather than reading about it.

Anyway, enough background, I'm only about 14 pages into the thread and will read it all, but I got impatient and had to plug the VCi in. It need updating, which I did and eventually I found out what map its running (see below).

So that's where i'm at, but what I couldn't work out is has the bike just had that map downloaded and that's it? Is there a way I can see if any further smart tuning has been carried out?

Haven't read enough to feel confident to do any recording, or do I know how, and make any adjustments just yet, but will continue reading the thread...

Right there at that screen the Previous Flash is saved to your VCI, click on the File name to highlight it, and save it to your laptop within the SESPT software... then you can open it up and look at and compare all the tables...

Last edited by Sam D.; 06-10-2015 at 06:55 AM.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:44 AM
Mr_Taipan
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Got it, many thanks.

Last edited by Mr_Taipan; 06-10-2015 at 07:49 AM.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:42 PM
tumz
Advanced

I keep having trouble with this. So I did a recorded smart tune run. I downloaded the recorded run as per instructions. But I can't seem to find the file anywhere.

Nvm guys I figured out finally what I was doing wrong.... Good lord that was easy. Managed to do the modded map and flash the ecm and it's good to go. Tuning session 1 down many more to go. lol.

Last edited by tumz; 06-19-2015 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:36 AM
paud
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default shutt off puff gas

I did a smart tune run the other day because I was getting lots of pinging in 6th 70++ mph. After the run and changing a few settings, i reflashed my bike. About a minute later, I started it up so the new map would "take hold". The bike ran for about a minute. When I shut it down, there was a huge rush of air (only a split second) out the mufflers. And some gas smell. Normal sometimes? or timing I can fix?

Old 06-24-2015, 11:09 AM
highseachef
Novice
Default SE Super Tuner issues

Originally Posted by harleytuner
jluvs2ride is working on a write up. I have tons of experience tuning them with a dyno, I have played with the smarttune feature and will say that it does work as advertised.
I'm pissed off!

Just got finished rebuilding my motor, new SE 103 stroker flywheels, high flow CNC heads by Sach's racing, SE flat top pistons, Andrew 57 cams.

Anyway it took me 2 weeks to build the motor and get the bike ready to be tuned, I consulted with the guys who did the head work and asked for the best tuner area. He sent me to Mark at Cycle Dynamic's in Delray Beach Florida. I told him that I needed the bike back in two weeks, that I had a trip coming up, and after three weeks the bike still wasn't ready, he had all kinds of excuses, it's raining, to Humid, stars aren't lined up just right. What ever. Paid him over $700.00

Now don't get me wrong the bike does run, 100HP 115 TQ, but I have many issues with flat spots and spit and spat when I get on it. I go back to him several time to correct the problem and fine tune it and now he wants to recharge me to re-tune the bike. He claims I told you it wasn't completed so now you have to repay to fine tune it. Guys got bad attitude. He killed a brand new battery from leaving the lights on and wants to blame me. Guys nuts! Oh you had a couple of lose bolts, please!

anyway now I am faced with two choices, 1 take it to Harley and have one of the guys straighten it out or 2 look at auto tuners. either way I'm going to pay. I tried to use the smart tune feature on the SE Pro Super Tuner but to be honest it's not that easy to self tune and you could spend a long time riding, recording, uploading, and hope it doesn't be worst in the process. Very frustrated right now. He has the bike running so rich. on one hand that's not really a bad thing, it is running cooler, but lost a lot of gas mileage.

anyone got any ideas? I was thinking of the Cobra Fi2000R but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

PS Warning stay away from Cycle Dynamic in Delray Beach. You never know when you get you bike back from this guy.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:54 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by highseachef
I'm pissed off!

Just got finished rebuilding my motor, new SE 103 stroker flywheels, high flow CNC heads by Sach's racing, SE flat top pistons, Andrew 57 cams.

Anyway it took me 2 weeks to build the motor and get the bike ready to be tuned, I consulted with the guys who did the head work and asked for the best tuner area. He sent me to Mark at Cycle Dynamic's in Delray Beach Florida. I told him that I needed the bike back in two weeks, that I had a trip coming up, and after three weeks the bike still wasn't ready, he had all kinds of excuses, it's raining, to Humid, stars aren't lined up just right. What ever. Paid him over $700.00

Now don't get me wrong the bike does run, 100HP 115 TQ, but I have many issues with flat spots and spit and spat when I get on it. I go back to him several time to correct the problem and fine tune it and now he wants to recharge me to re-tune the bike. He claims I told you it wasn't completed so now you have to repay to fine tune it. Guys got bad attitude. He killed a brand new battery from leaving the lights on and wants to blame me. Guys nuts! Oh you had a couple of lose bolts, please!

anyway now I am faced with two choices, 1 take it to Harley and have one of the guys straighten it out or 2 look at auto tuners. either way I'm going to pay. I tried to use the smart tune feature on the SE Pro Super Tuner but to be honest it's not that easy to self tune and you could spend a long time riding, recording, uploading, and hope it doesn't be worst in the process. Very frustrated right now. He has the bike running so rich. on one hand that's not really a bad thing, it is running cooler, but lost a lot of gas mileage.

anyone got any ideas? I was thinking of the Cobra Fi2000R but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

PS Warning stay away from Cycle Dynamic in Delray Beach. You never know when you get you bike back from this guy.
You have one of the best tuners in the nation not too far (2 hours) north of you, Doc - http://www.docsperformancetuning.com/. I wouldn't waste my time anywhere else if I was that close to Doc.

Stay away from the Cobra; not one I've ever seen installed performed as advertised on anything other than maybe a new A/C. Talk to harleytuner, he'll tell you all about those as well from a professional tuner standpoint.

Old 06-25-2015, 10:30 AM
96CubicPair
Intermediate
Default Specs

Darn good thread !
BUT....
Where do Ifind the exact specs for my 09 FXSTC? SUCHAS :
(below was copied from page 13 I think)
-engine displacement 96.7, OK close enoughto 96.66.. etc
-Injector 4.35 gm/sec, wrongaccording to my research it is 3.91 gm/sec since 2006.
-active exhaust control disabled, wrong,got a DTC, needs to be enabled.
-temperature management OFF, wrong, needsto be ON
? -RPM limit 6400, well maybe, but stage 1 sets it to 6200
-Knock control set ON, OK

Old 06-29-2015, 06:11 PM
Spokane
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wanted to post an update to this issue incase anyone else runs into the same thing.

I have Zipper's 525 cams and was using a Harley 255 cam base map and the SE Super Tuner to refine the tune from the base. I had the startup lean cough as well as a few flat spots in areas that were not modified in my 'smart tune' runs - likely because they were using the base map in those cases. The base map must have been just enough off to create those issues.

I decided to get the ThunderMax with auto-tune (replacing the stock ECM and SE Super Tuner). Hated to spend the money but figured it was that or spend time with a good dyno guy to 'hit all the cells'. In short - no more lean cough and the bike has never run so good. Super smooth, consistent and powerful. Did 1800 miles to Lake Tahoe last week was very pleased with the overall performance from slow speeds to really big ticket fast!

The following users liked this post:
CHUDDLESTON (01-03-2020)

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread