Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 03:48 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Pauly,
I hope they dyno tuned your bike through the VCI and then flashed any changes which would save the file to the VCI, making it available to retrieve.

for the $92 I wonder if you just received a dyno printout of where it is as opposed to being tuned. looking forward to hearing what you retrieve

Old 04-07-2015, 06:31 PM
paulycoppola5
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1Canuck
Pauly,
I hope they dyno tuned your bike through the VCI and then flashed any changes which would save the file to the VCI, making it available to retrieve.

for the $92 I wonder if you just received a dyno printout of where it is as opposed to being tuned. looking forward to hearing what you retrieve

They were supposed to dyno tune my bike with my tuner. I left my tuner with them as well as discussed with them what I was looking to have done, and it says right on the invoice they gave me that my tuner was used. Now, granted, what they discuss with me and write on an invoice, and what they actually perform can be two very different things. But hopefully when I go out to the garage later I can pull the tune they made off of my VCI as they told me I could. I will update you after I try!

Old 04-07-2015, 07:48 PM
paulycoppola5
6th Gear

So just to update you all, after all of my raving about how great the dealer was.... BOGUS. I got the last saved tuning file off of my VCI just now. Much to my surprise the file name is identical to the HD canned stage 1 file I had already put into the bike and made the dealer aware of such when I dropped it off. So I say to myself "no big deal, they probably made whatever adjustments and never changed the title." NOPE! I opened it up, and then opened up the canned stage 1 in a separate window and compared them...THEIR "NEW DYNO TUNE FILE" IS FREAKING IDENTICAL TO THE STAGE 1 THAT I ALREADY PUT IN!!! IT IS THE SAME DAMN CANNED MAP ANY OF US CAN USE. NOT A SINGLE ADJUSTMENT IN ANY ONE OF THE TABLES ANYWHERE, AT ALL!!! So needless to say, tomorrow morning, I am off from work, and I will be at the dealer, politely of course, expressing my disgust for their practices. I am 99% certain I'll get nowhere but I'll certainly feel better after. I'll be asking for my $92 back (yea right) since they did the exact same thing I did 20 minutes prior to leaving my bike with them. I couldn't be any UNHAPPIER now. Feel like a moron. I should have listened to all of you spent another few hours trying to learn this screamin eagle computer software a bit better and just smart tuned the thing. This all also explains why when I picked it up and asked for the dyno sheet we discussed I'd be receiving from the tune the service guy tells me "oh crap my guy forgot to make a horsepower run, wait here a few minutes and we'll get it done for you right now." I never even heard a bike start but assumed their dyno room was really well insulated. They probably printed me off a bullshit dyno slip and slapped my freaking name on it. God I am so pissed. Serves me right, 9 out of 10 times I can do something myself, I always do. I should've stuck to my norm and just did it on my own.

Spitzies Harley Davidson in Albany NY scammed the **** out of me.

Last edited by paulycoppola5; 04-07-2015 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:59 PM
Oz Nightrain
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

That sux pauly. I was a bit skeptical when I saw the price you said. Down here in Queensland you can't get a decent dyno tune for under 5 or 600 bucks. And just a power run is about $120. But you got lucky, my dealer scammed me to the tune of about $3000. That was the tuner, dyno tune some head and TB work and none of what they did was acceptable and I told them -politely- and their response was 'nothing we can do'. So I told them to go and get F****D and never went back. My indy fixed it all for $200 just for his time. My point is, live and learn. I've been learning heaps in the 12 months I've been on this forum and I still know but a fraction of what others here do. Stick with it mate, the more you learn the other things fall into place as well. Good luck.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:17 PM
paulycoppola5
6th Gear

Oz,

thanks for the reply. I didn't mention much about my past or experience in things such as this, however in my experience this $92 seemed awful cheap to me as well. I was told 2-3 hours at $85 an hour when I dropped it off. So I assumed I was receiving a legitimate service. When I picked it up and was told $92 I was skeptic but thought maybe it was just one hell of a deal. Saw that they charged me for 1 hour of labor and assumed maybe they just do this so much and so often they knew what to do after the first test pull made a bunch of adjustments made a second or third pull and had her dialed in. I mean its just intake and exhaust how much can possibly be needed. Someone that does this everyday probably could hammer it out very quickly I thought to myself. Then my suspicions were further sparked when I had gotten there to pick it up, and as I mentioned before, they didn't have the dyno sheet for me on what the bike made to the tire. Then when asked for it he told me his guy "forgot" and they rolled my bike out with one done 15 minutes later. At this point I was thinking to myself, how in the hell did they do that so fast. It should've taken them nearly that long just to set it up on the dyno and then pull it back off alone. I never even heard them start a bike while I was standing there waiting. As I said before they probably printed out a sheet off of something else and slapped my name on it. The sheet showing that it only makes less than 4hp more and less than 2lbs of tq more than a completely stock Breakout makes me wonder even more. I surely wasn't expecting a result of 100hp 120ft/lbs on a stock breakout with intake and exhaust but I did think it would do better than what they showed me. I am not sure why but I didn't ask to watch or anything and didn't ask any questions while I was there. I am totally kicking myself right now. I will definitely be back there tomorrow and do what I can however I am sure I will receive a similar response to the one you got. "sorry pal"... I can see it now.

Last edited by paulycoppola5; 04-07-2015 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:51 AM
Oz Nightrain
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

I'm hearin ya brother!! I also got my bike back with less HP than stock, and I had cams in the mix as well! And they call themselves professionals? I now boycott dealers and do it all myself, with help from these fine folks!

Old 04-08-2015, 06:50 AM
Sam D.
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by paulycoppola5
So just to update you all, after all of my raving about how great the dealer was.... BOGUS. I got the last saved tuning file off of my VCI just now. Much to my surprise the file name is identical to the HD canned stage 1 file I had already put into the bike and made the dealer aware of such when I dropped it off. So I say to myself "no big deal, they probably made whatever adjustments and never changed the title." NOPE! I opened it up, and then opened up the canned stage 1 in a separate window and compared them...THEIR "NEW DYNO TUNE FILE" IS FREAKING IDENTICAL TO THE STAGE 1 THAT I ALREADY PUT IN!!! IT IS THE SAME DAMN CANNED MAP ANY OF US CAN USE. NOT A SINGLE ADJUSTMENT IN ANY ONE OF THE TABLES ANYWHERE, AT ALL!!! So needless to say, tomorrow morning, I am off from work, and I will be at the dealer, politely of course, expressing my disgust for their practices. I am 99% certain I'll get nowhere but I'll certainly feel better after. I'll be asking for my $92 back (yea right) since they did the exact same thing I did 20 minutes prior to leaving my bike with them. I couldn't be any UNHAPPIER now. Feel like a moron. I should have listened to all of you spent another few hours trying to learn this screamin eagle computer software a bit better and just smart tuned the thing. This all also explains why when I picked it up and asked for the dyno sheet we discussed I'd be receiving from the tune the service guy tells me "oh crap my guy forgot to make a horsepower run, wait here a few minutes and we'll get it done for you right now." I never even heard a bike start but assumed their dyno room was really well insulated. They probably printed me off a bullshit dyno slip and slapped my freaking name on it. God I am so pissed. Serves me right, 9 out of 10 times I can do something myself, I always do. I should've stuck to my norm and just did it on my own.

Spitzies Harley Davidson in Albany NY scammed the **** out of me.

Make sure you compare the Last Saved to the Original settings on each category in that File... At $92 it does sound like they may have just done a few Dyno pulls to get you a print out... Most dealers around this part of Ohio charge between $45-$60 for a single pull with NO Tuning adjustments...
I've done my own tuning with the help of HDF member (ke5rbd)... I've got the best performing Map in my bike now that I've ever had,,, it works the front forks with just a slightly aggressive run through the gears and flat out gets it hard through the gears... and when I turn it off, you don't hear any Tink, Tink, Tink from the pipes cooling down because it's not Running Lean.

Last edited by Sam D.; 04-08-2015 at 06:59 AM.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:09 PM
asa1199
Tourer
Veteran: Army
Received 116 Likes on 60 Posts

Did you check the mileage before and after?

Old 04-12-2015, 11:46 AM
Dangeruss
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Problem...I have 883 to 1200 convertion, heavy breather, and a D&D 2into1. There is only one map available in the SE program that will work on my bike. The set up is the same as mine BUT with SE slip ons. This makes plenty of power (but sure there is plenty more to squeeze out of it due to the increased back pressure of the 2into1) with a god awful decel popping. Now hear is the question. .. how much decel enleanment should it take to get rid of the popping? Actually had a pedestrian fall to the ground when I got out of the throttle. It was a bad part of town. Trying the auto tune features now to see if it picks up on the increase in back pressure.

Old 04-12-2015, 04:38 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

It takes a minimum of 2 hours to tune a bike. even if the canned MAP they start with is close. Just to get teh bike strapped in, the wide bands hooked up and the computer ready to go takes half an hour.

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread