Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 07:51 PM
gd55
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am new to tuning so "take this with a grain of salt".

I have read that you should not change the values in the VE
tables.Let Smart Tune make the changes to VE.After you are finished with Smart Tune,you can make further adjustments to
the AFR table.

I am sure the more informed will chime in.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:53 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by neverhme
I have a question regarding the v/e tables. I have increased some areas of map, yet when I click on compare base map to my map they show as negative numbers, why is that?, I have increased values which is adding fuel correct?
What did you base the changes on?

Old 04-29-2011, 07:55 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gd55
I am new to tuning so "take this with a grain of salt".

I have read that you should not change the values in the VE
tables.Let Smart Tune make the changes to VE.After you are finished with Smart Tune,you can make further adjustments to
the AFR table.

I am sure the more informed will chime in.
This would be the best process. Otherwise I am not sure what you would base your changes to the VE tables on.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:10 PM
VETERAN75
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question? I have gotten a dyno tune done on my 107 over a year ago. So I'm running that map. Would it be ok to run the smart tune feature or would that mess up the dynoed map. Would it improve on the map?

Old 04-29-2011, 04:56 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts
Default smart tune

Originally Posted by VETERAN75
Question? I have gotten a dyno tune done on my 107 over a year ago. So I'm running that map. Would it be ok to run the smart tune feature or would that mess up the dynoed map. Would it improve on the map?
I would hope the dyno did better. If you have the dyno map in the VCI then download to your computer, save it where you can find it. then go ahead and try smart tune, play with it etc. Ifyou then do not like the results you can then re load the dyno map you saved.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:04 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts
Default Results

After many data runs and smart tunes I have reached the following on the histogram.
O2 integrator front and rear are 100 straight across,
Conclusion: no lean or rich changes, the O2 sensors are reading what they expect to see.

VE front / VE front new, VE rear / VE rear new, are both the same line (not straight line) 99.9% of the time. (perhaps I will tweak that later).
Conclusion: VE actual in the tables front / rear are what the VE new suggests it be.

I did this with smart tune and with manual changes to the VE table. Where smart tune made changes, and these changes became less than 0.5 over previous data runs, I would adjust adjacent cells not included manually to the same setting (extrapolation?).

I had changed AFR in the beginning to what I wanted. That leaves playing with the spark tables, perhaps maybe.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:19 AM
paud
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

dead...
So I hooked everything up...and I read and "played" and read and "played".
After unhooking everything and putting my seat back on I decide to go for a ride...and.......
zzzzzzttttt. Battery is almost dead. So its now on the trickle charger.....

Old 05-01-2011, 10:46 AM
DiselDevilDog
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Question

Ok, don't beat me up too bad.....with a Stage 1 tune on my 09 TriGlide with V&H slash cut slip ons, heavy breather kit and the SEPST and a 3 hr tune from the dealer when I picked up the trike 1 1/2 yrs ago.....
next week we are going to put in a HQ-500 cam with new bearings (can't affort the lifters at this time)
do you think the ecm on the bike will make the adjustment for the new cam? I know it's a dumb question but the variables on the + or - 5% may play into effect?
I have the pro super tuner cd and all the updated programs and my friend has the cables to hook her up with, just wondering....
thanks,
diesel

Old 05-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DiselDevilDog
Ok, don't beat me up too bad.....with a Stage 1 tune on my 09 TriGlide with V&H slash cut slip ons, heavy breather kit and the SEPST and a 3 hr tune from the dealer when I picked up the trike 1 1/2 yrs ago.....
next week we are going to put in a HQ-500 cam with new bearings (can't affort the lifters at this time)
do you think the ecm on the bike will make the adjustment for the new cam? I know it's a dumb question but the variables on the + or - 5% may play into effect?
I have the pro super tuner cd and all the updated programs and my friend has the cables to hook her up with, just wondering....
thanks,
diesel
It will need the map changing for the extra flow you'll get with those cams. Of course there won't be a canned map to match because they only do maps for SE stuff.

I suggest starting with the 176ST002.dt0 map. Then either try just some smartuning on that or else get it dyno-tuned.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:27 PM
tgshoe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
when you are done smarttuning you and change the AFR tables to what you want. What you are really doing is calabrating your tables. In a sence you are teaching your VE tables what 14.6 is, once it is knows this. You can change your AFR tables. When you are done I would change your AFR tables (something like the attachment I have posted).
You may want to leave your cruising ranges in ckosed loop (red cells). One other thing, in the AFR tables you are not looking at throttle position. That is shown in MAP load. As you put more demand on the engine the load will go up. That's why I richen them up gradually into the higher MAP loads and RPM ranges. You'll also notice that I turn off closed loop under 1000 RPM's and in the 20% MAP load ranges. The only time your bike gets into the 20's on MAP load is under decel, I richen it up here to help with decel pop. And I richen it up at idle to help with heat, as I explained in previous posts.
I tried this AFR table after I had about 4 hours of smart tuning on the VE tables. The bike runs well, starts nice, and has a little more pep. However after changing to this AFR table it has a vibration at about 3000 to 3200 rpm's. It did not have this with the original AFR map. I went and changed the AFR table up to 14.6:1 up through 3000 rpm range and it helped but still has some vibration at and just above 3000 rpm. Any thoughts as to cause or solution. I could go back to original AFR table but I would like to richen things up some. I have in the past just increased the VE tables 10% across the board and left the AFR tables alone. Thought I might try a different approach. Thanks.

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread