Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 10:45 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

ACR=auto compression release
If you have them then enable

Old 08-27-2014, 10:52 PM
Little Mike
Road Master
Received 96 Likes on 24 Posts

I knew that. Looking for thoughts by those more familiar with tuning than I am, which wouldn't take much, if them being disabled would be causing the problem I'm experiencing. Another question. When I go back in to enable them will I need to reflash the whole map or can I simply re-enable the ACRs?

Old 08-27-2014, 10:58 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Little Mike
I knew that. Looking for thoughts by those more familiar with tuning than I am, which wouldn't take much, if them being disabled would be causing the problem I'm experiencing. Another question. When I go back in to enable them will I need to reflash the whole map or can I simply re-enable the ACRs?
If you have ACR then enable and it will help in starting issue. you make the change and yes reflash the map, cannot just flash one thing

Old 08-27-2014, 11:01 PM
Little Mike
Road Master
Received 96 Likes on 24 Posts

Cool. I'll be checking when I get home, if I can ever get out of work. Thanks for the help Canuck.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:25 PM
Webo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Double check my work

Ok I've been doing a little smart tuning and it's the first time in over a year since I did it so let me know if you see anything wrong with the way I'm doing it.

I started by taking the updated canned map for my bike and saved it with my name. I then loaded this map into the bike and checked both enable smart tune and reset adaptive fuel. Then I set the VCI in record mode and went out for a ride. When I got home I hit the button and downloaded the data to the laptop. I opened the map I loaded and drag over the front VE working table and smart tune table. Hit add new and point to downloaded data file. Hit generate look at data and then update. Repeat process for rear cylinder and then save file. Closed all files and opened the updTed file in tuning and then connect to the bike and reload this file without checking smart tune but did check reset adaptive fuel. Once complete disconnect everything and take bike for a spin. Then the next time I want to collect date I reload the file with smart tune enabled and do it all again. Did I miss anything?

Old 08-31-2014, 01:41 PM
Sam D.
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Webo
Ok I've been doing a little smart tuning and it's the first time in over a year since I did it so let me know if you see anything wrong with the way I'm doing it.

I started by taking the updated canned map for my bike and saved it with my name. I then loaded this map into the bike and checked both enable smart tune and reset adaptive fuel. Then I set the VCI in record mode and went out for a ride. When I got home I hit the button and downloaded the data to the laptop. I opened the map I loaded and drag over the front VE working table and smart tune table. Hit add new and point to downloaded data file. Hit generate look at data and then update. Repeat process for rear cylinder and then save file. Closed all files and opened the updTed file in tuning and then connect to the bike and reload this file without checking smart tune but did check reset adaptive fuel. Once complete disconnect everything and take bike for a spin. Then the next time I want to collect date I reload the file with smart tune enabled and do it all again. Did I miss anything?

Looks correct to me...

Old 08-31-2014, 10:25 PM
Vic hale
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did my first Smart tune today after the Harley shop did just a power tune with VE and it said I need to raise the cubic inch. Then it said to lower the VE table as I had 2 cells on the front that were 127.5 in the 100 cells. Its a built 103 and in the tuning the Harley shop had it set to 103.3. They also set the stock injectors for some reason to 4.64. If I put the injector size back to stock setting will that lower the VE? My bike runs hard and I went ahead and put the smart tune in it and it felt strong. What should I do?

Old 08-31-2014, 10:30 PM
Webo
Road Warrior

So I just updated the software on my laptop for the Super Tuner and compared the old map for the stage one with the new version and everything is the same as far as what you can see. Correct me if I'm wrong but since I updated the software I will need to load the new version of this map and start over with the smart tuning. If I remember correctly once you update the software you can not load an old map revision to do more smart tuning runs. Can someone tell me if I'm wrong or right before I try to do some more tuning in the morning? Thanks!

Old 08-31-2014, 10:53 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Webo
So I just updated the software on my laptop for the Super Tuner and compared the old map for the stage one with the new version and everything is the same as far as what you can see. Correct me if I'm wrong but since I updated the software I will need to load the new version of this map and start over with the smart tuning. If I remember correctly once you update the software you can not load an old map revision to do more smart tuning runs. Can someone tell me if I'm wrong or right before I try to do some more tuning in the morning? Thanks!

If you saved the smart tune updated map, then you can continue to use it even if the software updates. when the software updates it does not necessarily change all existing maps. If you want to be sure open the (new) original and run smartune with the last data you collected, save and flash to bike.

Old 08-31-2014, 11:42 PM
Webo
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 1Canuck
If you saved the smart tune updated map, then you can continue to use it even if the software updates. when the software updates it does not necessarily change all existing maps. If you want to be sure open the (new) original and run smartune with the last data you collected, save and flash to bike.
I did try that and it said that the data can only be used with the map it was collected. So no I could not open the latest map and apply my latest auto tune run to it.

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread