Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 08:34 PM
paud
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default VE front and rear

Hmm, check out the difference..

Attached Thumbnails SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread-rear-cyl1.jpg   SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread-front-cyl-1.jpg  
Old 04-23-2011, 09:00 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
EITMS doesn't have to be on neither. I won't run it on my bikes and disable it on the bikes I tune.
I was giving you the shadow of a doubt... but you are really not this ignorant on what this REALLY does, are you? If you disabled it in MY tune... we would be having that... talk. I've ridden in a 1000 bike rally and it was 100 outside... with no fan. EITMS does in fact work as intended.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:08 PM
gd55
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started from scratch today with my tuning.Rereading this thread, I decided to check to see if my base map was causing a problem.I have the software loaded on my pc and did a screen capture of the base map for my bike and printed it.When I compared it to the base map on my laptop I could see that it was not the same.

After that I reinstalled the software on the laptop and was able to load the real base map to the ecm.

Did 2 runs today and updated the base map/ecm both times.

All is well so far.I plan on one more run in the morning at the "5 mph for 10 seconds increments up to 60 mph".then
following editbrain's outline will do the throttle points and then the 30 to 40 minute ride run.

Bike ran like it did when I picked it up from the dealer with the base map loaded properly.Only heard a few decel pops.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:28 PM
paud
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just discovered...I dont get a radio button to change from AFr to Lamda...?????

Old 04-24-2011, 09:40 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by wurk_truk
I was giving you the shadow of a doubt... but you are really not this ignorant on what this REALLY does, are you? If you disabled it in MY tune... we would be having that... talk. I've ridden in a 1000 bike rally and it was 100 outside... with no fan. EITMS does in fact work as intended.
HD started using EITMS (parade mode) because EPA regulations made them lean the bikes out to where they are running to hot. The bikes are set up from HD to idle at 14.7:1 air fuel. When I tune a bike I richen the air fuel to 13.2:1 at idle. EITMS turns off the fuel and spark to the rear cylinder and richens the front up to 12.5:1 A/F. But it only does it at idle, as soon as the bike gets above idle it reverts back to 14.7:1. I find that lowering the idle a/f both front and rear eliminates the need for EITMS, just like pre o2 sensor bikes. I don't tune on with My tune, I use a dyno with load control and air fuel sniffing capabilities.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:03 AM
tgshoe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
HD started using EITMS (parade mode) because EPA regulations made them lean the bikes out to where they are running to hot. The bikes are set up from HD to idle at 14.7:1 air fuel. When I tune a bike I richen the air fuel to 13.2:1 at idle. EITMS turns off the fuel and spark to the rear cylinder and richens the front up to 12.5:1 A/F. But it only does it at idle, as soon as the bike gets above idle it reverts back to 14.7:1. I find that lowering the idle a/f both front and rear eliminates the need for EITMS, just like pre o2 sensor bikes. I don't tune on with My tune, I use a dyno with load control and air fuel sniffing capabilities.
It actually only goes into this EITMS or "parade" mode if the engine exceeds a predetermined temperature. So if you leave this enabled and you have really richened the mixture to the point the engine does not overheat then it will never come ito play. Just a little extra insurance if it does overheat. Plus this can be disabeled on '09 and later bikes with the throttle by roilling it forward and watching the cruise control indicator as to whether it is red(off) or green(on). It is in the owners manual.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:52 AM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Custom Tune Question?

Ok, I'm going to ask a question and hope it isn't too dumb of one. If someones bike (mine) is equipped with a SEPST and I get a custom tune for my build from a reputable, well thought of tuner, is their any reason for me to buy the software/cables/training video to learn how to tweak the map? I can see this with some equipment changes but wondering the real need if the bike remains the same?

Old 04-24-2011, 12:08 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Hey troop... question...

Are you a tweaker?

Meaning do you find yourself always wanting to get more by being a perfectionist?

I know I am and that's why I own all sorts of crap to do stuff for me that I really never needed but once I tear something apart and look at it, learn it I usually see that I wasted my time although I learned a lot.

If you are like me... get the cables and software because you will never be happy until you know it's perfect which is an opinion and is really based on ones experiences.

This is not a bad way to be but can drive other crazy as well as lighten your wallet.

-wiz

Old 04-24-2011, 02:32 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by tgshoe
It actually only goes into this EITMS or "parade" mode if the engine exceeds a predetermined temperature. So if you leave this enabled and you have really richened the mixture to the point the engine does not overheat then it will never come ito play. Just a little extra insurance if it does overheat. Plus this can be disabeled on '09 and later bikes with the throttle by roilling it forward and watching the cruise control indicator as to whether it is red(off) or green(on). It is in the owners manual.
If activated the EITMS will take over and and the AFR tables will be ignored at idle. So it will revert back to idleing at 14.7:1 air fuel at idle. My way works better for me. If I lived in a hot or desert area I would possibly reconsider. but for Northern Ohio I don't see a reason. I would rather turn off Closed loop for idle and richen the A/F up manually.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:10 PM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Yeah, I have no doubt that I'll eventually own the cables/software. Probably screw things up
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Hey troop... question...

Are you a tweaker?

Meaning do you find yourself always wanting to get more by being a perfectionist?

I know I am and that's why I own all sorts of crap to do stuff for me that I really never needed but once I tear something apart and look at it, learn it I usually see that I wasted my time although I learned a lot.

If you are like me... get the cables and software because you will never be happy until you know it's perfect which is an opinion and is really based on ones experiences.

This is not a bad way to be but can drive other crazy as well as lighten your wallet.

-wiz

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread