Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 08:29 AM
paud
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I read a "manual" from another tune product. They said one way to determine where and what may be causing it is to start recording...create the conditions that cause the most "popping" on decel. As soon as that happens pull in the clutch so revs. drop to idle. When you check the data, look for the idle spot at speed. The "numbers" that occurred just before that idle are responsible for popping.

Sounds logical to me..

Old 04-14-2011, 01:09 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by paud
I read a "manual" from another tune product. They said one way to determine where and what may be causing it is to start recording...create the conditions that cause the most "popping" on decel. As soon as that happens pull in the clutch so revs. drop to idle. When you check the data, look for the idle spot at speed. The "numbers" that occurred just before that idle are responsible for popping.

Sounds logical to me..
That sould be something to try. Let us know if it works for you. Decel Pop is a big complaint.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:29 PM
paud
Road Master

I got everything today..woohoo....but...my notebook does not have a cd player. I tried to copy the cd files from my main computer to notebook but it wont install!!!

Old 04-14-2011, 11:08 PM
rickydog
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always find a lot of good info here .I'm looking into my first build since 90..i now have a 05 FLHR and going with a big bore kit , new pipes and throttle body.i was ask bye HD if i had a SERT on the bike. answer is no..my question is , does the bike need one hook up at all times to run.I'm not all that familiar with ecm technology of today but i do have friends that had mild work done and the dealer did the remap , at a coast of course..im not even sure if HD will do the work , his price is high . but he is like i need the sert to run ,do i ???cant whoever will do the work tune it for me with their own sert and let me ride ?

Old 04-15-2011, 02:14 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I got everything today..woohoo....but...my notebook does not have a cd player. I tried to copy the cd files from my main computer to notebook but it wont install!!!
Try Gizmo (http://arainia.com/software/gizmo/index.html). It creates a virtual CD drive from a physical CD and you can then put that on your laptop.

Old 04-15-2011, 02:19 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by rickydog
I always find a lot of good info here .I'm looking into my first build since 90..i now have a 05 FLHR and going with a big bore kit , new pipes and throttle body.i was ask bye HD if i had a SERT on the bike. answer is no..my question is , does the bike need one hook up at all times to run.I'm not all that familiar with ecm technology of today but i do have friends that had mild work done and the dealer did the remap , at a coast of course..im not even sure if HD will do the work , his price is high . but he is like i need the sert to run ,do i ???cant whoever will do the work tune it for me with their own sert and let me ride ?
The bike doesn't need one hooked up all the time to run. You or HD connect it to the bike, download new maps, make changes, etc and then disconnect it from the bike and you store it away somewhere safe for next time the bike needs a tweak.

Unfortunately you can't share SERTs between bikes. HD are sneaky like that and a SERT gets locked to a bike and won't work on another. Even the mechanic at a dealership can't adjust the EFI without your SERT. They can only drop on canned stage-1 maps without a SERT.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:12 AM
paud
Road Master

tons of reading to do...tons of research....BUT..its all fun fun fun...

Old 04-15-2011, 02:04 PM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I eliminated my decel pop by adjusting the target AFR from 14.6 down to 13.8 in the 20 MAP range from 4000 down to 750. The decel pop, where I close the throttle and do not turn the throttle and engine brake is gone.

Some very random and not often single pop when I shift while closing - moving the throttle. I need to work on my decel enleanment table for that one. It's not bad at all.

I made sure I do not have an exhaust leak when I installed my duals and pipes.

Like you said, paud, it's fun stuff.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:51 PM
paud
Road Master

Time for a bazillion questions...
If I hook up the VCI for an update will that erase what the Dealer had in there when they dyno tuned?
How do I download and view the current map made by my dealer when they Dyno'd?

Old 04-16-2011, 03:04 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior

Time for a bazillion questions...
If I hook up the VCI for an update will that erase what the Dealer had in there when they dyno tuned?
How do I download and view the current map made by my dealer when they Dyno'd?
Get the cables connected and the bike switched on and so you have communication to the bike from the PC via the VCI.

Click on the tuning fork, which will give you an 'Open' panel. There are two tabs, the one open by default will be, 'Stored Calibration', you want the next one, 'VCI'. Once that panel is open, click the button, 'Load From VCI'.

You can click on the 'Save As' button to save this map from the bike to a file on the PC.

If you upload a new map to the bike then, yes, you will overwrite what the dealer applied.

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread