Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 06:40 PM
kewlhog
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=1Canuck;11855324]I have read that the old SERT became the TTS and used a different file format and it will not work with the new SEPST maps.[/QUOTE

I think that TTS was the original SERT, they wrote the initial software that became the SERT. I sill have their manual and refer to it from time to time. You can never have enough info when it comes to tuning these bikes.

Old 10-13-2013, 12:04 PM
paud
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default update.

I just checked my ST software, and it had an update. 7.001.0000

I also just checked the maps for 2010-2013 touring. It looks like there are two maps for my 2013 RG Custom... 1690 ''All Market' SE A/C & Race Exhaust FT O.E. O.E. O.E. 009FZ002..
and

1690 ''All Market' SE A/C & Race Exhaust FT O.E. O.E. O.E. 044AAO003

Yes, I can look at the maps and see what the difference is but...why 2? what is the significance?

Old 10-13-2013, 12:47 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Originally Posted by paud
I just checked my ST software, and it had an update. 7.001.0000

I also just checked the maps for 2010-2013 touring. It looks like there are two maps for my 2013 RG Custom... 1690 ''All Market' SE A/C & Race Exhaust FT O.E. O.E. O.E. 009FZ002..
and

1690 ''All Market' SE A/C & Race Exhaust FT O.E. O.E. O.E. 044AAO003

Yes, I can look at the maps and see what the difference is but...why 2? what is the significance?
I also discovered this a while back and just recently decided to load the 044 for my 1580. Well! before any changes it felt better than the tuned 009 file. Had a close look and saw the VE was more aggressive but did not see any other changes.
Looks like 2010 was an overlap year when the 009 map ends and 044 starts.
But that still does not answer your question of WHY there are two choices

Old 10-13-2013, 05:29 PM
helenmcr1@gmail.com
Intermediate

Just a quick question. After I advanced the timing, I noticed the exhaust had a much mellower sound to it. Much less CRACK!! and more like a deeper rumble. I like the sound and the bike runs great, But what would be the change that created the different sounding pipe? I guess Im askng what the advance in timing did to create the different sounding exhaust.

Last edited by helenmcr1@gmail.com; 10-13-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:32 AM
peg20
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is a complete guess: Perhaps by advancing the timing, more of the combustions is happening in the cylinder. Harley like to ensure some combustion happens at the top of the exhaust to keep the exhaust gas hot so that the cat works properly. Obviously this is emissions control at the expense of both power AND economy. By "containing" more of the combustion, perhaps you hear less of it?

Old 10-14-2013, 05:37 PM
Yardstick
Road Captain
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Default What a pain in the a$$

Hard headed me. Buy a street turner for my 2013 Fatboy Lo and do a lot o tuning runs...just about got the VE tables perfect and load the final tune. Subsequently, I buy the Super Tuner and find out that the tune done by the street tuner can't be used. So, here we go again....lol. Decided to switch to the super tuner so that I can change the AFR.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:12 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Originally Posted by Yardstick
Hard headed me. Buy a street turner for my 2013 Fatboy Lo and do a lot o tuning runs...just about got the VE tables perfect and load the final tune. Subsequently, I buy the Super Tuner and find out that the tune done by the street tuner can't be used. So, here we go again....lol. Decided to switch to the super tuner so that I can change the AFR.
copy and paste VE
if the pro tuner cannot open the street tuner file so you can open both at same time to copy and paste then copy and paste into an excel file from street then again copy and paste into the pro

Old 10-15-2013, 06:24 AM
helenmcr1@gmail.com
Intermediate

sound logical to me

Old 10-15-2013, 08:55 AM
Yardstick
Road Captain
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Didn't think of that, but went in and started the process again. I noticed that after two years if posts that some folks still are confused about ve tables. Keep in mind that for a given displacement your cam profile, heads, intake and exhaust desight affect how much of the cylinder gets filled at any given rpm/load. What smart tune is doing is reading the correction made (AFV) and computing needed ve change to make a perfect burn. When your done then you have a map of how you set up fills the cylinders. Subsequently, the ECM uses the Afr table as a target value to hit when figuring how much fuel to give. That is computed by using the ve tables using correction factors in other tables to account for atmospheric conditions. So bottom line is let smart tune do your ve tables and once done leave them be unless you further modify the bike. Tune your Afr table to take care of running issues. Power. Knock. Hesitation surging etc

Got most of the information from reading engineering articles on efi. Tts manual has a lot of good info in it about efi principles.

Ideal situation would be to load a map, set Afr at 13. And run on a dyno hitting all the cells. Change the ve until the dyno sniffs 13 Afr and complete for each cell. Then you map is ve map is perfect. Smart tune is doing this for the areas if the ve table that you can hit by riding.

Hope this helps

Old 10-15-2013, 08:57 AM
peg20
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Yardstick
Didn't think of that, but went in and started the process again. I noticed that after two years if posts that some folks still are confused about ve tables. Keep in mind that for a given displacement your cam profile, heads, intake and exhaust desight affect how much of the cylinder gets filled at any given rpm/load. What smart tune is doing is reading the correction made (AFV) and computing needed ve change to make a perfect burn. When your done then you have a map of how you set up fills the cylinders. Subsequently, the ECM uses the Afr table as a target value to hit when figuring how much fuel to give. That is computed by using the ve tables using correction factors in other tables to account for atmospheric conditions. So bottom line is let smart tune do your ve tables and once done leave them be unless you further modify the bike. Tune your Afr table to take care of running issues. Power. Knock. Hesitation surging etc

Got most of the information from reading engineering articles on efi. Tts manual has a lot of good info in it about efi principles.

Ideal situation would be to load a map, set Afr at 13. And run on a dyno hitting all the cells. Change the ve until the dyno sniffs 13 Afr and complete for each cell. Then you map is ve map is perfect. Smart tune is doing this for the areas if the ve table that you can hit by riding.

Hope this helps
Amen!

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread