Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Welderman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kewlhog
If you find the idle is to rough you can drop back the 25 Map area for the 1000 and 1250 RPM cells, but that table should bring back some of your power. You only need to reset adaptive fuel once complete and flashing in a new cal.
Actually, I am happy with the idle, always have been.
I believe i will give the other calibration a try today, it does have the fuel adjustment in it. Around here most of the gas is 10%. So as I understand your post, I should check booth boxes @ re-flash for some runs. After collecting any certain amount, I am to rebuild the VE tables with ST until basically there are no more changes.
I really appreciate your patients with me on this and your knowledge.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:22 PM
kewlhog
Advanced
Wink

Originally Posted by Welderman
Actually, I am happy with the idle, always have been.
I believe i will give the other calibration a try today, it does have the fuel adjustment in it. Around here most of the gas is 10%. So as I understand your post, I should check booth boxes @ re-flash for some runs. After collecting any certain amount, I am to rebuild the VE tables with ST until basically there are no more changes.
I really appreciate your patients with me on this and your knowledge.
No, you only check the Smart Tune box when you load the base cal the first time. That cal will now be used for multiple data collection of runs that will be used to create the new "Smart Tune" VE tables, meaning that only these files will be pulled in to build the VE tables. Once you are done making all the changes and are ready to download your final calibration back into the bike, then you check the "Reset Adaptive Fuel" only and continue with the download. The adaptive fuel values should relearn with each ignition cycle and will adapt to changes in fuel ethanol content along with fuel quality, to a point. Regarding the other cal I mentioned, I was thinking more in terms of comparing the timing tables to see how different they are and if the other cal had less timing in the areas that you are currently getting the ping condition. Anyhow that's my two cents worth and since we are getting rid of the penny in Canada, most people aren't interested in my two cents !

Old 10-08-2013, 05:55 PM
kewlhog
Advanced

No, you only check the Smart Tune box when you load the base cal the first time. That cal will now be used for multiple data collection of runs that will be used to create the new "Smart Tune" VE tables, meaning that only these files will be pulled in to build the VE tables. Once you are done making all the changes and are ready to download your final calibration back into the bike, then you check the "Reset Adaptive Fuel" only and continue with the download. The adaptive fuel values should relearn with each ignition cycle and will adapt to changes in fuel ethanol content along with fuel quality, to a point. Regarding the other cal I mentioned, I was thinking more in terms of comparing the timing tables to see how different they are and if the other cal had less timing in the areas that you are currently getting the ping condition. Anyhow that's my two cents worth and since we are getting rid of the penny in Canada, most people aren't interested in my two cents !
Let me just clarify that, you only check the smart tune box and load the base cal when you need to collect runs for the VE tables, this maximizes o2 sensor feedback and allows for a wider range of cells to be captured, you do not leave that cal in the bike for normal use and I believe the instructions will tell you that. Anytime you make a change to calibration that will be downloaded into the bike, you check the reset adaptive fuel box. If you are just capturing data for any other reason than Smart Tune, you do not need to check any boxes.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:51 AM
Welderman
Advanced

Got it that is how I did it with 204 cals. With the 009 cals I tried it with checking both boxes each time, I did not think that was right, but did it anyway to see what it would do.
Btw, the 009 cal states for data collection only. I just got home from work running the 009 cal in the bike and ran pretty good @ 2 in the morning, air temp is mid 50's, but during all of the test runs I did, (4), I was not very happy with it. A lot of pinging, a few minor flat spots and overall just not that good.
I will do more test runs today and make more smart tune adjustments in VE's and see what comes up.
At this point I most likely will go back to 204 cal unless the 009 really impresses me after more adjustments.
I'll try to get another 4 or 5 runs in to see what happens.
Thx, Mike.

Old 10-09-2013, 04:33 AM
KiNgPiG
Long Time Member

Quick question,that i hope is being asked in the right place on the forum.
On ebay UK item 370915154499 is an old stock new SE Race tuner part 32107-01.
I realise i would need a different lead for my Can 2012 fatty port , but does anyone know if these older ones will work with a 2012? any help appreciated.
I missed another by being too cheap.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:20 AM
kewlhog
Advanced

Originally Posted by KiNgPiG
Quick question,that i hope is being asked in the right place on the forum.
On ebay UK item 370915154499 is an old stock new SE Race tuner part 32107-01.
I realise i would need a different lead for my Can 2012 fatty port , but does anyone know if these older ones will work with a 2012? any help appreciated.
I missed another by being too cheap.
Dave,
Be very careful buying tuner boxes on EBAY, many of them have already been married to a bike (vin locked ECM) and will not work with another bike, even though they are being sold as new parts. I believe the two required cables to connect to your laptop are common.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Welderman
Advanced

I guess my question would be, will the old style SERT work with the newer MAP's, which is what his bike requires. I don't have the answer.
Like kewlhog said, be very careful. I have heard of a lot of people getting ripped off on these kind of things. If it is from a reputable seller, you might be ok.

Last edited by Welderman; 10-09-2013 at 10:27 AM. Reason: miss spell
Old 10-09-2013, 10:41 AM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Originally Posted by Welderman
I guess my question would be, will the old style SERT work with the newer MAP's, which is what his bike requires. I don't have the answer.
Like kewlhog said, be very careful. I have heard of a lot of people getting ripped off on these kind of things. If it is from a reputable seller, you might be ok.
I have read that the old SERT became the TTS and used a different file format and it will not work with the new SEPST maps.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Welderman
Advanced

I meant the 205 cals not 204

Old 10-09-2013, 03:46 PM
KiNgPiG
Long Time Member

Dave,
Be very careful buying tuner boxes on EBAY, many of them have already been married to a bike (vin locked ECM) and will not work with another bike, even though they are being sold as new parts. I believe the two required cables to connect to your laptop are common.
Thanks, all helpful info to me.

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread