Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 10:37 AM
kewlhog
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pinging

Welderman,

Your VE tables are going to be greatly affected by the cam you are using and looking at the specs for the SE251 cam you are running, you have 32 degrees of overlap which is great for cooling, you are right on border between a low and mid range cam so not the best cam for two up riding, but again should be great on the cooling side. That said, based on the duration of the 251 cam (244/250) and the overlap, I would have started with a base cal for a 259E cam as it is the closest to the SE251 duration and overlap. You might want to start with the 205SAD01 calibration.

Brian

Old 10-02-2013, 10:54 AM
Hwnturbo
Novice

Hello, Can you tell me how to change from MAP to throttle postion on the table? ( VE, AFR,etc)
Thanks !!

Old 10-02-2013, 11:04 AM
jty
Advanced

Originally Posted by harleytuner
If you are happy with the way the bike runs (other than the pinging) I would stick with the MAP that is in it now. Go into your ignition tables and retard (lower) the values in the RPM ranges where you are having your pinging, so in the 1750 -2500 RPM and from 50% and up try lowering them by 4 or 5 to see if it makes it better.
Or better yet, buy the mytune from http://www.tunemyharley.com and use it to find the right timing

Old 10-02-2013, 01:54 PM
jty
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hwnturbo
Hello, Can you tell me how to change from MAP to throttle postion on the table? ( VE, AFR,etc)
Thanks !!
Tables are what they are, they are different in later models (2009 iirc)

Old 10-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Hwnturbo
Novice

Originally Posted by jty
Tables are what they are, they are different in later models (2009 iirc)

Thanks JTY !! It's a 2013 RG

Last edited by Hwnturbo; 10-02-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:56 PM
lazye
Cruiser
Default updates for 2014

I just bought a 2014 streetglide special and decided to buy tru duals, stage 1 breather, and a SEPST.
One HD dealer is telling me there is no 2014 map upgrade available until November for my Bike and another is telling me there is a new upgrade right now.
Does anyone know if there is a upgrade available yet for my bike?

Old 10-02-2013, 03:17 PM
sacchino
Advanced

with the sepst can i disable the active exhaust control and disamble the hardware not getting any lights on?

Old 10-02-2013, 06:51 PM
kewlhog
Advanced

Originally Posted by lazye
I just bought a 2014 streetglide special and decided to buy tru duals, stage 1 breather, and a SEPST.
One HD dealer is telling me there is no 2014 map upgrade available until November for my Bike and another is telling me there is a new upgrade right now.
Does anyone know if there is a upgrade available yet for my bike?
Latest version of the SE-Super Tuner has the 2014 Calibrations available for Touring, CVO Softail and the XL bikes.

Old 10-03-2013, 01:37 AM
Welderman
Advanced

Originally Posted by kewlhog
Welderman,

Your VE tables are going to be greatly affected by the cam you are using and looking at the specs for the SE251 cam you are running, you have 32 degrees of overlap which is great for cooling, you are right on border between a low and mid range cam so not the best cam for two up riding, but again should be great on the cooling side. That said, based on the duration of the 251 cam (244/250) and the overlap, I would have started with a base cal for a 259E cam as it is the closest to the SE251 duration and overlap. You might want to start with the 205SAD01 calibration.

Brian
kewlhog,
Thanks for the lead, I will look into that tune. I used the base map 205UJ004 which is for a 255 cam with race exhaust. As of right now I am very happy with the way the bike is running, smooth, starts easier then before, very easy on acceleration. Of coarse that has nothing to do with the fact that I am coming home at 2:00am in the morning and the air is cooler and denser. But seriously, as I have been tweaking the map, I am very happy so far. The real test is when I get out in the middle of the day and the misses is with me, then we will see. I do go to work in the middle of the day and again, very smooth running. I just cannot believe I waited so long to do this, just was nervous I would screw something up. Live & learn.
The guy the used to own this bike is a computer whiz and he set the tuner up originally so I figured the he new what he was doing, he did get the power out of it, but then again he was always riding by himself and weighs less than me. It still feels plenty powerful to me so far.

Old 10-04-2013, 10:35 AM
Welderman
Advanced

So I did another re-flash yesterday after making some adjustments, then did another run after leaving the gas station to fill up, so the bike was good and warm when I started to record. Did a similar test on the same road as a couple of days ago except this time I did the incline in 5th gear @ 2000rpm instead of 4th, while twisting the grip. No pinging in the front cylinder and hardly and noticeable pinging at all. When looking at the recording in play back, it shows no knock detected in the front, but in the rear cylinder this time. Of to the adjustments again. One of the things that I did notice right off the bat is the temp difference, I was averaging around 239 the other day and around 232-233 yesterday. Yesterday was hotter than the other day as temperature goes. The highest temp that I recorded was in the 250's the other day and in the 240's yesterday.
So all in all, very happy with the results thus far. Very easy rolling on the throttle, very smooth transitions.
I may have cut down on the power slightly but without a dyno, that is hard to tell, and I didn't buy the bike to race anyway. I need drivability and reliability before fastability.

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread