Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 01:44 AM
jty
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem is not really the general speed of bluetooth: even (old) BT2.0 can do more than 2MB/s. There are tons of ODB-II to Bluetooth adapters available.
But the problem is likely that to transport CAN over USB and again USB over Bluetooth causes too high protocol turnaround delays which screws up the lower level protocols. Also, the BT-USB adapter needs power somewhere which AFAIK is not readily available from the VCI.
Another thing to consider is that HD creates a lot of static that interferes with the wireless transmission. I have installed hifi BT headset inside my helmet but every now and then the connection drops for a while while I am driving.

Bottom line: connecting vci via usb over bt may or may not work depending on laptop BT driver, dongle power, etc. Unreliable.

I am about to try to connect the VCI to laptop and pack the laptop to saddlebags and connect the windows desktop wirelessly to my smartphone using remote desktop software. This way the unreliable wireless connection is just the display and data logging is reliable

Old 04-27-2013, 10:27 AM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

I have dowloaded a map to my bike, did a recorded run, and saved the recorded run. I have opened the tuning window, but cannot find the recorded run, but if I open the "Data" it is there.What am I missing?

Old 04-27-2013, 10:32 AM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Originally Posted by atrox88
I have dowloaded a map to my bike, did a recorded run, and saved the recorded run. I have opened the tuning window, but cannot find the recorded run, but if I open the "Data" it is there.What am I missing?
In the tuning window did you try to open the data run with the smartune option which looks for changes that can then be written into the current VE maps

Old 04-27-2013, 10:53 AM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by 1Canuck
In the tuning window did you try to open the data run with the smartune option which looks for changes that can then be written into the current VE maps
From the tuning window I cannot find the recorded run. When I click the data icon and then the green load folder on the bottom, the recoreded run is there. For some reason I cannot find the recorded run when in the tuning window.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:20 AM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks 1Canuck, got it with your help. It's been 2 years since I last tunes my 06 and I've seem to have forgotten everything.

Originally Posted by 1Canuck

Old 04-28-2013, 10:25 PM
HDMac3600
6th Gear

After 500 miles on my new 2013 FLHX with Vance & Hines true duals headpipes, blackout rounds and the "big sucker" intake my bike runsperfect with the stage one download #009FZ002-001 and all I had to do is turnthe ACR and temp management on.
Easy stuff......

Old 04-29-2013, 03:02 PM
Cody1477
Stage I
Default SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

I have recently purchased the Super Tuner and I am trying to install it on my 2013 Street Glide. My issue is I can not find a base map for my bike. I have a Big Sucker Breather and rinehart 2 into 1 pipes. I know that all the maps are for Screamin Eagle parts but I can not find one even close. The closest has settings for a 255 cam and flat top pistons. Can anyone that is familiar with this program help me? Thank you!

Old 04-29-2013, 10:24 PM
HDMac3600
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Cody1477
I have recently purchased the Super Tuner and I am trying to install it on my 2013 Street Glide. My issue is I can not find a base map for my bike. I have a Big Sucker Breather and rinehart 2 into 1 pipes. I know that all the maps are for Screamin Eagle parts but I can not find one even close. The closest has settings for a 255 cam and flat top pistons. Can anyone that is familiar with this program help me? Thank you!
Once you plug it into your bike and you start enerting the data on the drop downs for your bke you will be left with only a few options. Use the closest one for your set-up and then smart tune from there if you even need to.
Jim

Old 05-06-2013, 09:20 AM
tahcac
Stage I
Default worried

This has been a great thread,thanks to everyones advice, Ive read all the threads and have started to do some tuning,
I have an 08 DYNA with slip on V&H, SE A/C installed the SE pro tuner software loaded canned program 176AE106,
and Ive been able to do 2 smart tune runs, updating the VE tables each time, then adjusted the AFR table to match what
harleytuner had. my big question is can I run the bike with this setup and not damage anything,it seems to run
pretty good but still seems like its running hot, I dont want to damage the motor.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:48 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tahcac
my big question is can I run the bike with this setup and not damage anything,it seems to run
pretty good but still seems like its running hot, I dont want to damage the motor.
You should be pretty close now and you are not going to harm anything by running it like this. Its gonna be richer than stock anyway.

If you want some hints and tips on some changes you could make for better running and to drop the engine temp then check this out: http://www.harley-davidson-hangout.c...ighs-efis.html

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread