Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 09:28 AM
tgshoe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pankol
I'm new on this forum. I have softail Rocker C 2008. In this year my warranty was go one that I decide to rebuild little a bit my love. I was install V&H slip ons muflers, and K&N RK3910 AF.

After that I was decide to buy SESTP software.

I find base map for my bike it was 176AE106. Iwas Enable only Knock kontrol, Active Exchaust control, Temperature control and upload via VCI to my motocycle. I mark adaptive fuel reset buton and smart tuner option and after that record few track race.

When I download record files and try hit GENERATE buton in SmartTune table my software breakdown with mesage as folows:

"Date and Time: 2011-04-11 13:14:48
Machine Name: DAMIAN-KOMPUTER
Application Domain: Screamin Eagle Super Tuner.exe
Assembly Codebase: file:///C:/Program Files/Super Tuner/Delphi/Applications/Screamin Eagle Super Tuner.exe
Assembly Full Name: Screamin Eagle Super Tuner, Version=4.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly Version: 4.3.0.0
Assembly Build Date: 2010-11-22 15:02:20

Exception Source: mscorlib
Exception Type: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
Exception Message: Indeks jest spoza zakresu. Musi mieć wartość nieujemną i mniejszą niż rozmiar kolekcji.
Nazwa parametru: index
Exception Target Site: ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException

Stack Trace
-----------
w System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeExceptio n(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
w System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeExceptio n()
w SPX.HarleyDavidson.Nolan.DirectInjectionEngine.CSm artTuneCalculator.a(ReadOnlyCollection`1 A_0)
w SPX.HarleyDavidson.Nolan.DirectInjectionEngine.CTu ningPresenter.a(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
w SPX.HarleyDavidson.Nolan.Views.Concrete.XP.SmartTu neTableView.FireEvent(EventHandler`1 eventHandler, Object sender, EventArgs e)
w SPX.HarleyDavidson.Nolan.Views.Concrete.XP.SmartTu neTableView.ui_generateButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
w System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
w System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)"

Did you meat with this problem with SESTP software?
I try with diferent map option and many different record files an always got abowe results.

Guys could you help me in this matter?

I'm not sure that for Rocker model 25 degree injectors (3,91g/l) is correct and engine displacement 96,7 it was correct for my Rocker C stock motocykle.
Looks like a stack dump error which would be more of a computer issue or some kind of incompatibility with the software. Read the instructions on the SESPT install as far as windows compatibility goes and compare to the version of windows you have.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:44 AM
pankol
6th Gear

Originally Posted by tgshoe
Looks like a stack dump error which would be more of a computer issue or some kind of incompatibility with the software. Read the instructions on the SESPT install as far as windows compatibility goes and compare to the version of windows you have.
I was install this software on three different computer with Windows 7 and Windows XP platform with the same effect

Old 04-11-2011, 11:06 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by paud
I am new to this so not quite sure about idle throttle..but I think what I will do is download what the dealer put in my ecm and see their adjustments.
After I read the manual a few times, I may have more questions.
I am hoping the kit gets here by this weekend.
Meanwhile, I am putting new muffler clamps on and making sure all bolts are torqued to specks.
If you have an '08 or newer touring bike, your bike has a TBW (Throttle by wire A.K.A. cableless throttle). Since the throttle is controled electronically (not by cables) it is a switch, and zero% of a switch would be closed, so HD has the switch open between 2 and 5% for idle. If this is your case you will want to add fuel to your VE tables in 0, 2, and 5% throttle positions. If your bike is any other year or model (other than '08 and newer touring bikes) your throttle is controlled by cables, since the cables are mechinacal and not electronic, the idle is only in the ZERO%, so you would only have to add fuel in your VE tables to your ZERO% throttle position column.

Decel popping is caused by too high of exhaust temps on deceleration, when we add fuel to the idle column we will be cooling the bike off during decel, eliminating the decel popping. People often ask how you can be over 1500 RPM's in idle. Easy, if you are cruising at 55 MPH in 5th gear your bike is at around 2300 RPM's, if you completely let off the throttle to slow down, your RPM's are still up there but your throttle position is now at idle (ZERO%).

Hope this helps a little. It'll make more sense when you get your software loaded and can actually view a MAP.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:41 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I was install this software on three different computer with Windows 7 and Windows XP platform with the same effect
What version of the software?

Old 04-11-2011, 02:18 PM
pankol
6th Gear

Originally Posted by jluvs2ride
What version of the software?
Screamin Eagle Pro Super Tuner, Version=4.3.0.0

Last edited by pankol; 04-11-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:28 PM
paud
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Decel popping is caused by too high of exhaust temps on deceleration, when we add fuel to the idle column we will be cooling the bike off during decel, eliminating the decel popping. People often ask how you can be over 1500 RPM's in idle. Easy, if you are cruising at 55 MPH in 5th gear your bike is at around 2300 RPM's, if you completely let off the throttle to slow down, your RPM's are still up there but your throttle position is now at idle (ZERO%).

Hope this helps a little. It'll make more sense when you get your software loaded and can actually view a MAP.[/quote]

My Fat Boy is wire. So the throttle position and not necessarily the rpm control the amount of fuel?

Old 04-11-2011, 09:01 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by paud

Hope this helps a little. It'll make more sense when you get your software loaded and can actually view a MAP.
My Fat Boy is wire. So the throttle position and not necessarily the rpm control the amount of fuel?[/quote]

Actually your Fat Boy uses throttle cables, not wires to control the throtle body. The 2 cables that come out of your right side grip go to the throttle body. The only HD's that use wires are the '08 and newer touring models. They have a potentiometer switch in the handlebar. So you will only have to add fuel to the zero % throttle position column from 1500 RPM's and higher in your V.E. tables. Don't add fuel any lower than 1500 RPM's or you will be effecting your idle.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:59 PM
mattieJ
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm a .Net programmer by trade and this is, as someone else said, a stack dump. However, the first couple of lines in the stack indicate a value for a setting that appears to be incompatible with the programming. Did you use custom sizes for any of your items? Did you maybe forget to set something in the software? I would definitely check your setup. Maybe you chose a map that isn't correct for your bike. Is it possible to post an hdx file? I can take a look at the XML and see if anything stands out. Post it or PM me and I'll take a look.

I'm new on this forum. I have softail Rocker C 2008. In this year my warranty was go one that I decide to rebuild little a bit my love. I was install V&H slip ons muflers, and K&N RK3910 AF.

After that I was decide to buy SESTP software.

I find base map for my bike it was 176AE106. Iwas Enable only Knock kontrol, Active Exchaust control, Temperature control and upload via VCI to my motocycle. I mark adaptive fuel reset buton and smart tuner option and after that record few track race.

When I download record files and try hit GENERATE buton in SmartTune table my software breakdown with mesage as folows:

"Date and Time: 2011-04-11 13:14:48
Machine Name: DAMIAN-KOMPUTER
Application Domain: Screamin Eagle Super Tuner.exe
Assembly Codebase: file:///C:/Program Files/Super Tuner/Delphi/Applications/Screamin Eagle Super Tuner.exe
Assembly Full Name: Screamin Eagle Super Tuner, Version=4.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Assembly Version: 4.3.0.0
Assembly Build Date: 2010-11-22 15:02:20

Exception Source: mscorlib
Exception Type: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
Exception Message: Indeks jest spoza zakresu. Musi mieć wartość nieujemną i mniejszą niż rozmiar kolekcji.
Nazwa parametru: index
Exception Target Site: ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException

Stack Trace
-----------
w System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeExceptio n(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
w System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeExceptio n()
w SPX.HarleyDavidson.Nolan.DirectInjectionEngine.CSm artTuneCalculator.a(ReadOnlyCollection`1 A_0)
w SPX.HarleyDavidson.Nolan.DirectInjectionEngine.CTu ningPresenter.a(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
w SPX.HarleyDavidson.Nolan.Views.Concrete.XP.SmartTu neTableView.FireEvent(EventHandler`1 eventHandler, Object sender, EventArgs e)
w SPX.HarleyDavidson.Nolan.Views.Concrete.XP.SmartTu neTableView.ui_generateButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
w System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
w System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
w System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)"

Did you meat with this problem with SESTP software?
I try with diferent map option and many different record files an always got abowe results.

Guys could you help me in this matter?

I'm not sure that for Rocker model 25 degree injectors (3,91g/l) is correct and engine displacement 96,7 it was correct for my Rocker C stock motocykle.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:12 AM
pankol
6th Gear

Originally Posted by mattieJ
I'm a .Net programmer by trade and this is, as someone else said, a stack dump. However, the first couple of lines in the stack indicate a value for a setting that appears to be incompatible with the programming. Did you use custom sizes for any of your items? Did you maybe forget to set something in the software? I would definitely check your setup. Maybe you chose a map that isn't correct for your bike. Is it possible to post an hdx file? I can take a look at the XML and see if anything stands out. Post it or PM me and I'll take a look.
Many thanks Mattiej below you can find links for my files, one with base map and three with records trak ride.

http://www.losgrafos.pl/176AE106-001.dt0

http://www.losgrafos.pl/VCI_2310151424_1.hdx

http://www.losgrafos.pl/VCI_2310151424_2.hdx

http://www.losgrafos.pl/VCI_2310151424_3.hdx

Old 04-12-2011, 08:04 AM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

This is the Polish text in the dump

"The index is out of range. Value must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection."

Try going to Microsoft Windows Update and downloading the latest version of .NET, and installing it. Uninstall the SEPST software, and reinstall it.

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread