Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 02:26 PM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

OK - I'm not sure it matters then. The Xieds will be telling the ECM the bike is running lean whether they were fitted before or after the flash and adaptive reset.

Personally what I would do is:

Remove Xieds so the ECM can get accurate readings.
Do the whole Smartune process.
Reapply the Xieds.

You should then have the VEs accurate for your hardware. This should help somewhat in that the closed loop will be richened by the Xieds and the open loop will be good as its set pretty rich even from stock. I'm not sure you will have really gained much over a stock bike with Xieds but its fun to play with.

Old 10-06-2012, 02:33 PM
bcat37645
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxster
OK - I'm not sure it matters then. The Xieds will be telling the ECM the bike is running lean whether they were fitted before or after the flash and adaptive reset.

Reapply the Xieds.

You should then have the VEs accurate for your hardware. This should help somewhat in that the closed loop will be richened by the Xieds and the open loop will be good as its set pretty rich even from stock. I'm not sure you will have really gained much over a stock bike with Xieds but its fun to play with.
Thanks for the suggestions. And I agree completely...it's fun to play with the bike, even though it may not provide much of a change!

Last thought/question...any insight to tuning with cool autumn air, or should I wait for much warmer summer air?

Old 10-14-2012, 10:55 AM
bcat37645
Intermediate

Question, gents. If you've smart tuned with, for example, SE slip-ons or Rush 1.5 slip-ons, and set your VE tables. Then decide to put on, for example, Rush 2.5 slip-ons, would you need to smart tune again to set your VE tables?

It would make sense to me that you would want to smart tune if you change from one air intake to another, but what about only changing mufflers?

Thanks for your insight!

Old 10-14-2012, 11:01 AM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes..

Old 10-14-2012, 11:54 AM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxster

Reapply the Xieds.

why reapply the Xieds? I gathere there is no access to change the AFR in the street tuner. why not increase the VE 5%> to fool the ECM into adding fuel? and then selling the Xied which is not married to the ECM.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:28 PM
Foxster
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bcat37645
Question, gents. If you've smart tuned with, for example, SE slip-ons or Rush 1.5 slip-ons, and set your VE tables. Then decide to put on, for example, Rush 2.5 slip-ons, would you need to smart tune again to set your VE tables?

It would make sense to me that you would want to smart tune if you change from one air intake to another, but what about only changing mufflers?

Thanks for your insight!
In my experience its the other way around. Different air cleaners (other than stock) don't make a huge difference to the tune, whereas different pipes make a world of difference and you definitely want to re-smartune after swapping them out.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:29 PM
Aussie fatboy
Novice

Software question. I have the 2010 software and a 2010 bike. Is there much difference with the latest 2013 software and it be worth while upgrading. My current software is upto date and i am happy with the tuning process. Just wondering if i will gain anything with the latest software ?

Old 10-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Foxster
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Aussie fatboy
Software question. I have the 2010 software and a 2010 bike. Is there much difference with the latest 2013 software and it be worth while upgrading. My current software is upto date and i am happy with the tuning process. Just wondering if i will gain anything with the latest software ?
No difference whatsoever. Only change is you'll get the maps for the 2013 bikes.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Aussie fatboy
Novice

Thanks for that. I'll put the money towards something else

Old 10-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Steel Wheels
Road Master
Received 296 Likes on 167 Posts

Don't these things update anyway?

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread