Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 12:46 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by editbrain
plug the O2 holes, and get a Power Commander.
This is an SEPST Thread.

Old 05-19-2012, 07:35 AM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, and the sky is blue, but sometimes its green.. I have been talking on several PMs with this person. Thanks for the update on the thread though.

Listen. The guy has a problem that the PC would fix very easily, or he could get a dyno with a sniffer and do an open tune. I don't even think he has a Delphi EFI system.

Also, there is the option of a carb conversion for him because of his situation. I will not post all of the PMs, well, because they are "personal messages". I am a supporter of the SEPST, and own/use one, but if it isn't going to get him going quickly because of his EFI system and a missing O2 sensor. Why bother? <-rhetorical.

Last edited by editbrain; 05-19-2012 at 07:38 AM.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:27 AM
mrfeeney
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 05 touring

Originally Posted by editbrain
Yeah, and the sky is blue, but sometimes its green.. I have been talking on several PMs with this person. Thanks for the update on the thread though.

Listen. The guy has a problem that the PC would fix very easily, or he could get a dyno with a sniffer and do an open tune. I don't even think he has a Delphi EFI system.

Also, there is the option of a carb conversion for him because of his situation. I will not post all of the PMs, well, because they are "personal messages". I am a supporter of the SEPST, and own/use one, but if it isn't going to get him going quickly because of his EFI system and a missing O2 sensor. Why bother? <-rhetorical.
As I understand it Harley used delphi on all models after 2001, being an 05 it should be a delphi system, I don't know enough history to know if it came with 02 sensors and someone removed them or it was just tuned open loop during that time period.

What I have concluded is that real fix is to just put it on a dyno and tune it open loop, then possibly add a sensor to the rear header at a later date for better driveability.

Thats my plan for now, thanks to all that replied.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:44 AM
mrfeeney
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

After a conversation with a mechanic at the local Harley shop, the 05 touring is a delphi system but the ecm will not operate in closed loop even if 02 sensors are added....anyone want to verify that?

Old 05-19-2012, 12:42 PM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I wasnt sure if it was 06 when delphi came in. good luck!

Old 05-20-2012, 12:05 AM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 373 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfeeney
After a conversation with a mechanic at the local Harley shop, the 05 touring is a delphi system but the ecm will not operate in closed loop even if 02 sensors are added....anyone want to verify that?
As long as it's an 05 ecm it should see the sensors.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:33 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfeeney
I didn't think that a Delphi system that would work with O2 sensors was introduced until at least '07. So I'd guess your ECU wouldn't have inputs for sensors or software to handle them.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:44 AM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 373 Likes on 236 Posts

Front sensor get connected to pin 8, rear to pin 23 on the ecu. Both grounds go to pin 26, connects in with IAT sensor ground.

Old 05-20-2012, 05:55 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Lonewolf176
Front sensor get connected to pin 8, rear to pin 23 on the ecu. Both grounds go to pin 26, connects in with IAT sensor ground.
Yes, then you would have to use a MAP for a bike with o2 sensors so it has "closed" loop capabilities.

Old 05-20-2012, 05:56 AM
apx07
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mechanicalman
Well I started doing the smart tune thing. When I record I find that I only get info on a small number of cells. Nothing over map 80 kpa, and nothing over 90% Which brings up another question, every one else has throttle position on the top of the chart, the manual also shows this, but I have map kpa on the top of mine. How does this relate to throttle position. Am I missing something here or is the new software different. Another thing is there is a lot of reference to CLB here on the forum, but I don't have that in my list along with AFR, VE, etc.
The bike runs pretty good right now but I do get some pinging between 3000 and 4500 WOT. I tried raising the ve in this range from about 40 kpa and 85 kpa, ( theres that kpa thing again) but it still pings. Not sure if I changed it or not but it's not gone. I also dropped the AFR to under 13 in this range but it didn't seem to change it either. I looked at the knock data but it stays at 0 all the way across.

TGFTF
Throttle position is on the VE table, Kpa is on the AFR table.

I found I didn't get a good spread of cells untill I marked the throttle position and followed the race tuning procedure in the manual. Two things though... It's hard to do this legally on the road.... Be careful... And secondly, you don't need to modify or tune all cells... Just the ones you normally ride in... My bike seems run best with lowest Kpa column set to 12.5 ...

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread