Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 07:52 PM
crazyanimal
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi guys,I just got my seprt installed today at my dealer.Iam very happy with the bike,a huge difference from stock,plus it's pretty fast,I topped 200 KPH which is about 130 MPH,fast enough.My question is I noticed some blue fire comming from the exhaust while revving the engine in the driveway,I am doing a video for you-tube and noticed this,is this a normal thing?Does my bike need a few miles on it with the tuner,or should it be fine right now,I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow and just ask him what he thinks,I can't bring it back until next week if it needs to be adjusted,maybe it just needs a couple good runs,any advice.

Thanks.

Mike..

Old 05-07-2012, 08:41 PM
fdny136
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if you had a 2012 touring 103 stage 1 and have used the street tuner would you by the race tuner and dial it in?

Old 05-07-2012, 11:13 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fdny136
if you had a 2012 touring 103 stage 1 and have used the street tuner would you by the race tuner and dial it in?
I only have experience with the SEPST. I know the street tuner is supposed to allow your dealer to upload and tune street legal maps. I just don't know what else it can do.

The SEPST I believe has more DIY capability.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:51 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by jluvs2ride
I only have experience with the SEPST. I know the street tuner is supposed to allow your dealer to upload and tune street legal maps. I just don't know what else it can do.

The SEPST I believe has more DIY capability.

Strret tuner cannot be tuned by the dealer. They can only downloaf a MAP. It's no differn't than the old stage I downloads they used to do.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:00 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

The street tuner allows you to adjust your AFR in addition to HD shop loading street legal maps.

Originally Posted by harleytuner
Strret tuner cannot be tuned by the dealer. They can only downloaf a MAP. It's no differn't than the old stage I downloads they used to do.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:17 PM
kelsonhoff
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd behavior when checking "Disable Knock Sensor"

I was setting up to run some tuning runs today. I have done about 10 so far but several months ago when I first got new bike. When I went to check the "Disable Knock Sensor" button, the reflash icon went dark and I couldn't reflash. The only way to reflash was with the Knock Sensor enabled. I tried turning the computer on and off several times, reloading the software several times, etc. Always had the connection to the VCI showing, just no reflash icon. Worked fine with the Knock Sensor enabled. For the life of me I cannot remember if I disabled before and it worked and this is a new issue, or I never disabled it before.

Anyone else see this before?

Old 05-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
The street tuner allows you to adjust your AFR in addition to HD shop loading street legal maps.
So the Street Tuner you can open the actual map and adjust your target AFR, save a copy and reflash it yourself?

Old 05-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Grillfish
Road Captain

Originally Posted by kelsonhoff
I was setting up to run some tuning runs today. I have done about 10 so far but several months ago when I first got new bike. When I went to check the "Disable Knock Sensor" button, the reflash icon went dark and I couldn't reflash. The only way to reflash was with the Knock Sensor enabled. I tried turning the computer on and off several times, reloading the software several times, etc. Always had the connection to the VCI showing, just no reflash icon. Worked fine with the Knock Sensor enabled. For the life of me I cannot remember if I disabled before and it worked and this is a new issue, or I never disabled it before.

Anyone else see this before?
Maybe it's code in the program itself that you can not Smarttune with knock controll off since you are pretty much running at a target 14.6 AFR accross the board and already have 4 degrees taken out. That's just a guess....

Others may need to chime in.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Grillfish
Road Captain

Originally Posted by crazyanimal
Hi guys,I just got my seprt installed today at my dealer.Iam very happy with the bike,a huge difference from stock,plus it's pretty fast,I topped 200 KPH which is about 130 MPH,fast enough.My question is I noticed some blue fire comming from the exhaust while revving the engine in the driveway,I am doing a video for you-tube and noticed this,is this a normal thing?Does my bike need a few miles on it with the tuner,or should it be fine right now,I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow and just ask him what he thinks,I can't bring it back until next week if it needs to be adjusted,maybe it just needs a couple good runs,any advice.

Thanks.

Mike..
My guess, the dealer just flashed one of the maps that closest fit your bike and then nothing else. You need to do your Smart tuning to true up your VE tables. If you do not, you are running around on an untuned bike IMO.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:51 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

I stand corrected Grillfish.. the article I read on Tuesday mistated the device name and the part number in a side by side comparison with the Super Tuner. Basically what it boils down to is the street tuner can be used by the consumer to read trouble codes and flash "pre-defined" maps from HD and that's it. Anything else has to be done by the dealer

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread