Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 08:46 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
I thnk he tried to load the MAP from his 08 onto a new VCI for his '12. He just need to load a MAP for a newer model. Just hook the bike up and click on the load MAP icon, the ones that are available will show up, choose the closest one and start from there.
Roger, I may have misunderstood.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts

Another newbie question
I just want to make sure I understand this process, so here I go
1) Load the file I want to tune
2) Go to tuning setup and disable knock control
3) Flash ECM with boxes for enable smart tune and reset adaptive fuel checked
4) Put VCI in record mode
5) After engine is at operating temp record data in as many gears and throttle positions as possible( as outlined in a previous post)
6) Download the run and adjust the ve tables with smart tune
7) Repeat process until suggested ve changes are less than 5%
8) Then move on to AFR and timing
I'm sure I'll have more questions by then. I'm the kinda guy that has to put my hands on it to know it, but I'm picking up so much from this discussion. THANKS guys!

Old 04-13-2012, 03:05 AM
Buch
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
I thnk he tried to load the MAP from his 08 onto a new VCI for his '12. He just need to load a MAP for a newer model. Just hook the bike up and click on the load MAP icon, the ones that are available will show up, choose the closest one and start from there.
Correct that was what i did. I've called around this morning no one has the new software i stock n have order one. Guess it will take a while to get it here in sweden. Should i then unmount my heavy breather and put back on the factor A/C or can i ride till this 2012 CD shows up? Or would it help if anyone could PM me the MAP 2012 DYNA FXDF?

Old 04-13-2012, 05:03 AM
Steel Wheels
Road Master
Received 296 Likes on 167 Posts

Just what I was looking for - 40 is the opposite end of the spectrum. Looking forward to the weekend and some data gathering.

Thanks HT.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:11 AM
scotty3
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Buch
Correct that was what i did. I've called around this morning no one has the new software i stock n have order one. Guess it will take a while to get it here in sweden. Should i then unmount my heavy breather and put back on the factor A/C or can i ride till this 2012 CD shows up? Or would it help if anyone could PM me the MAP 2012 DYNA FXDF?
Older software won't load newer maps............Dont know what Harleytuner is using to load late model bikes with but obviously does not do/know about 2012 Dyna's LOL

Old 04-13-2012, 05:46 AM
Buch
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. the software i had latest was 32111-10. The joy & pride of having tha potato, potato sound. Still think its worth it.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:47 AM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Buch
If you can find a budy that has the '12 program disc you can just load it on your PC and then give him the disc back. Program discs can be shared

I only have a '10 program disc or I'd help out.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:49 AM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fat11Lo
Another newbie question
I just want to make sure I understand this process, so here I go
1) Load the file I want to tune
2) Go to tuning setup and disable knock control
3) Flash ECM with boxes for enable smart tune and reset adaptive fuel checked
4) Put VCI in record mode
5) After engine is at operating temp record data in as many gears and throttle positions as possible( as outlined in a previous post)
6) Download the run and adjust the ve tables with smart tune
7) Repeat process until suggested ve changes are less than 5%
8) Then move on to AFR and timing
I'm sure I'll have more questions by then. I'm the kinda guy that has to put my hands on it to know it, but I'm picking up so much from this discussion. THANKS guys!
Correct.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:52 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by scotty3
Older software won't load newer maps............Dont know what Harleytuner is using to load late model bikes with but obviously does not do/know about 2012 Dyna's LOL
We have the newest version at the shop.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:07 AM
skip3406
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Front VE table screen shots

Does anyone have a screen shot of a tuned front VE table so I can see what areas I need to work on and see what the number progression should look like? Mine look like they are all over the place.
This is a screen shot of the numbers that have changed in my VE tables 176AE106 for Dyna after a little over 8 hrs of recordings. I’d like to see some numbers from 1000-4500rpm up to 60% throttle.

Attached Thumbnails SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread-base-with-all-14-recordings.jpg  

Last edited by skip3406; 04-13-2012 at 03:29 PM. Reason: more info

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread