Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

help me please

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 01:45 AM
kerbykk
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me please

i have a 95 883 sortster.i changed the battery,there was no problem with the other battery its been on the bike for a couple years so time to change.well i ddid what you should not do and i arced the terminals.i was using a wrachet and it touched the other terminal and now the bike has no fire.lights come on,starter works but no fire.i took the spark plug wire off and took the plug out and put the plug in the plug wire and held it and i have no fire while i am turning the engine over with the starter.i changed all the circut breckers and still no spark.i feel so stupid.i have an old 69 triumph bonnie i have had for 16 years,it so easy when all you have is a coil,alt.,points,condenser and zenior diode.
i am thinking of getting a ingnition module but i dont even know which one it is.there are two box looking things under the seat,i can probably figure out which one it is by the wiring diagram in the workshop manual.but if anyone has any thoughts on what i might have screwed up let me know.thanks

Old 09-30-2006, 11:41 AM
kerbykk
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: help me please

update; i had about given up.i decided to look the bike over once more and then i was going to order a ingnition module and the elctronic ignition.well i have one plug off the bike and in its plug wire.i am holding the plug and i have no fire.i look at this one deutsch connector and there is a white button looking thing were it looks like it covers a hole for a wire.i push it in and it stays pushed in and the bike had spark and runs.so i do not know if this is a small breaker? or what.but i am glad it was that simple and i found it before shelling out 5 or 6 hundred dollars.

Old 09-30-2006, 12:11 PM
mopardave
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: help me please

Right on, sounds like you found a breaker for just such an occasion!