Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Low Fuel Light

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006 | 05:38 PM
DanDeuce
|
Road Captain
Default Low Fuel Light

Got tired of the GLARING BRIGHT light from my Kuryakyn fuel guage so I unplugged it and also reconnected the grey wire I had to splice into the yellow/white wire under the dash . LOW FUEL light stays on all the time ! Want to leave the Kury guage on for looks , I use my tripmeter to tell me when its time to fuel up . Anyone know how to wire this so the low fuel light does not come on or at least stay on ?

Thanks , Dan

Old 09-30-2006 | 10:51 AM
cwsharp
Stellar HDF Member
Default RE: Low Fuel Light

I put in one of the flush LED gauges from Harley and you have to do the same thing. The low fuel light wire is run to the new gauge and the by-pass provides a continual load to the low fuel light so that it doesn't come on (if I recall correctly). That means to me that the grey wire is just providing a continual signal. I >think< you could split the yellow wire with a 'Y' and take that to your low fuel light and your gauge... but I'm not sure. If no one else anwers I will go out to the garage and look at my wiring diagrams.

C#

Old 09-30-2006 | 10:22 PM
DanDeuce
|
Road Captain
Default RE: Low Fuel Light

Thanks C# ,

I'll hook up the grey wire again and just unplug the guage and see what happens . That LF light is not bad in daylight but sure is brighter than hell in the dark ! Quick , temporary cure was a small piece of electrical tape blocking the light . Was hopeing to keep the LF light functioning without the guage working , might be wired in sequence , we'll see ?