Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SERT comparison

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 11:22 PM
FLSTCI nut
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SERT comparison

Anybody have the mods I have that has a custom MAP for the SERT? Would be interested in trading the file with somebody so as to compare the changes made. My bike is running great.

Old 09-27-2006, 10:27 AM
Geoseismic
Road Captain
Default RE: SERT comparison

I'm running exactly the same configuration your running on a '06 FLSTCI. Bike runs great with the "race" download. I would be interested in trying your map. The only complaint I have is the bikes sensitivty to fuel. With a good tank of premium, it runs smooth and strong. When I get the occasional BAD tank of premium (regular unleaded sold "for" a premium), the bike will suffer pre-ignition under load. I really don't know what to do about the fuel. It's been hit and miss, and gas stations are not consistant.

Old 09-27-2006, 10:43 AM
cmbmw
Novice

I have an 2006 Deuce with the exact mods. I don't have a SERT yet, but I will be getting one soon. I sure would appreciate a look at your modified map, and will certainly pass any good ones I come up with back on to you.

Old 09-28-2006, 10:12 PM
mopardave
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The only suggestion I have with the gas is that you buy from busy stations and only name brand stuff. There are no guarantees but at least there should be less water and crap in the tanks.

Good Luck

Old 09-28-2006, 11:59 PM
FLSTCI nut
Outstanding HDF Member

Do you have the SERT or the race download in cartridge form? Sounds like you have the SERT. I started with the race download in cartridge form and there was a lot of popping that the race tuner ended up correctiong. The bike runs great and best of all no popping. Think my gas milage might have suffererd a bit. Getting 42 most of the time in combined driving and but I like loud. Get 50 all highway MPG. I will update if they can get the file for me.
ORIGINAL: Geoseismic

I'm running exactly the same configuration your running on a '06 FLSTCI. Bike runs great with the "race" download. I would be interested in trying your map. The only complaint I have is the bikes sensitivty to fuel. With a good tank of premium, it runs smooth and strong. When I get the occasional BAD tank of premium (regular unleaded sold "for" a premium), the bike will suffer pre-ignition under load. I really don't know what to do about the fuel. It's been hit and miss, and gas stations are not consistant.

Old 09-29-2006, 10:31 AM
Geoseismic
Road Captain

Do you have the SERT or the race download in cartridge form? Sounds like you have the SERT. I started with the race download in cartridge form and there was a lot of popping that the race tuner ended up correctiong. The bike runs great and best of all no popping. Think my gas milage might have suffererd a bit. Getting 42 most of the time in combined driving and but I like loud. Get 50 all highway MPG. I will update if they can get the file for me.
I'm running the race cartridge. I had the street legal with the 8* injectors. Bike ran good under throttle, but sputtered and popped at low rpm. Bike runs pretty smooth with the 25* injectors and the race cartridge, but still needs to be fattened up just a little off idle. My mileage went up with the new injectors. I get about 40-42 around town and 46-48 on the highway with most of my riding being two-up.
I plan on purchasing a SERT next month and using the dyno tune that I won at a local HOG event. I've been reluctant to do it 'cause I'm pretty happy with the way the bike runs, except for those times that I get ripped off with sheeety fuel!