Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Super Tuner base map calibrations

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 08:09 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
Just smart tune your tuned MAP. Your changes shouldn't of changed anything drastically.
I am still playing around with the software. When running the smart tune it says to load the base map before collecting data. Can I skip this step or should reload the map I pulled off the vci? That was the map that was dynod. The map is obviously already on the ecm so I guess that is why I ask. I did save the map from the vci in case I made a mistake somewhere I can reload it

Old 11-17-2010, 05:14 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes. I understand that you added the heavy breather and true duals after the Dyno Tune.

I guess I have to assume that the Dyno tune was with the factory breather and exhaust.

I am absolutely not understanding why you want to abandon the dyno tune. What has changed with the exhaust and breather mods is the VE. If you do the Smart Tune you can retain the Dyno Performance Tune and adjust the VE tables to the actual VE charactoristics of the bike. That may be enough to eliminate the decel pop you mention.

But it's your bike, your money. If you want to throw away the money spent on the Dyno Tune, by all means. But understand that using the SESTP and piddling around with it starting with a base map is never going to get you anywhere close to what you get with a proper Dyno Tune.

Did you actually get a Dyno Tune or did they just put it on a dyno and give you torque and hp numbers?

I'd be curious to see the AFR and Timing tables of your Dyno Tune calibration.

Last edited by jluvs2ride; 11-17-2010 at 05:17 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:21 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry from reading my previous post I realized I only put part numbers down and didn't say what the original dyno a/c and exhaust was. It was tuned using the SE stage 1 cleaner and Rinehart muffs. I do not want to trash the dyno tune, just tweak it a little to smooth out the popping. When I loaded the map from the vci, the above was the base that they started with. As soon as I figure out how to copy the tables in order to post them I will.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:44 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

So it is not allowing you to do the Smart Tune with the Dynoed Calibration?